Trowing in a crazy ideas: Naquahdah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trowing in a crazy ideas: Naquahdah

ok we know that there are two forms of matter: matter and antimatter.

we also know that possibly, Supersymmetry exists, and a much heavier counterpart of all our particles exists.

is it possible that an anti-Sproton exist? the antimatter counterpart of the supersymmetrical partner of the Proton?

we know that in an atom, there are Neutrons, Protons and Electrons.

the Strong Force keeps the atom as one part. however, it decays rapidly. eventually, the electrical force overcomes the strong force when the atom becomes big enough, and the atom decays rapidly.

in order to come up with an explanation for the existence of Naquahdah, i came up with this idea:

there are two negatively charged particles, as far as i'm aware. Electrons and Anti-protons. Electrons are too small for my idea. they always stay in an orbit. anti-protons annihilate when they come in contact with Protons, but that doesn't cut any ice either.

if Supersymmetry is right, then two more negative particles should exist: Selectrons and Anti-Sprotons.

my idea is: within a Naquahdah nucleus, there are Anti-Sprotons which keep the atom together via the electric and strong forces.

my question is: is this possible?

a second possibility is:

Relativism can increase the lifetime of the W and Z boson, thus increasing the range of the Strong Force.

is it possible a Naquahdah Nucleus spins at such speeds that the Strong Force has an increased range?

discuss

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    ok we know that there are two forms of matter: matter and antimatter.

we also know that possibly, Supersymmetry exists, and a much heavier counterpart of all our particles exists.

is it possible that an anti-Sproton exist? the antimatter counterpart of the supersymmetrical partner of the Proton?

we know that in an atom, there are Neutrons, Protons and Electrons.

the Strong Force keeps the atom as one part. however, it decays rapidly. eventually, the electrical force overcomes the strong force when the atom becomes big enough, and the atom decays rapidly.

in order to come up with an explanation for the existence of Naquahdah, i came up with this idea:

there are two negatively charged particles, as far as i'm aware. Electrons and Anti-protons. Electrons are too small for my idea. they always stay in an orbit. anti-protons annihilate when they come in contact with Protons, but that doesn't cut any ice either.

if Supersymmetry is right, then two more negative particles should exist: Selectrons and Anti-Sprotons.

my idea is: within a Naquahdah nucleus, there are Anti-Sprotons which keep the atom together via the electric and strong forces.

my question is: is this possible?

a second possibility is:

Relativism can increase the lifetime of the W and Z boson, thus increasing the range of the Strong Force.

is it possible a Naquahdah Nucleus spins at such speeds that the Strong Force has an increased range?

discuss
    The strong force or nuclear force is never overcome by the electromagnetic force. It is something like 100 times stronger than the electromagnetic force but only operates over a short distance. It holds quarks together in order to form protons and neutrons and then holds protons and neutrons together to make atoms. The electromagnetic force between say an electron and a proton will never overcome the strong force between that proton and its neutrons. If it did, you'd never have anything but hydrogen.

The electromagnetic force is also not nearly strong enough to overcome opposite charges between protons repelling themselves. If it wasn't, again nothing but hydrogen.

The other thing is that if supersymmetry is correct, then all of those super particles have already decayed long ago. The only thing left would be the Neutralino which has yet to be discovered but there is work going on to do just that. So even if something like what you suggest would be possible, none of the things you need to make that are around anymore.
    Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

except that naquahdah has to be made in high energy events, for it just to exist. in such events, Supersymmetry particles have to form.

i mean, eventually the Strong Force becomes too weak over the entire atom. the atom becomes too big to be held together by the strong force entirely, and the electric force will then drive the atom apart.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        except that naquahdah has to be made in high energy events, for it just to exist. in such events, Supersymmetry particles have to form.

i mean, eventually the Strong Force becomes too weak over the entire atom. the atom becomes too big to be held together by the strong force entirely, and the electric force will then drive the atom apart.
        Then they'd use magnets to induce nuclear fission rather than ramming neutrons into uranium.

Sypersymmetric particles can be generated by the LHC and according to this article, they'd last for 10-23 seconds before decaying into the Neutralino. Since Stargates are at least 50 million years old and are made of Naquadah, it doesn't rapidly decay.
        Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

On the subject of Naquahdah I also have a theory.

What if it is just normal matter, but through some unexplained mechanism it contains higher order chemical bonds which link not to the adjacent atoms in the crystal structure, but to others by bonding through higher dimensions.

Naquada explodes with more energy then its rest mass should contain. If it had more bonds then it should and these bonds were very unstable then when used in in a bomb or for power generation the breaking of these bonds could explain the huge energy output.

The high energy events which produce naquahdah could de-compact the curled up dimentions of string theory through which these bonds form.

Though I suppose this makes just as little sense as the above.
          My Tep senses are tingling.

That I will have to edit is assumed.

Comments and critiques are always welcome. Please, tell me what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero View Post
            Then they'd use magnets to induce nuclear fission rather than ramming neutrons into uranium.

Sypersymmetric particles can be generated by the LHC and according to this article, they'd last for 10-23 seconds before decaying into the Neutralino. Since Stargates are at least 50 million years old and are made of Naquadah, it doesn't rapidly decay.
            Technically the vast majority of uranium fission occurs when neutrons at thermal equilibrium "drift" into uranium nuclei and are captured and induce fission. A very small percentage of fission occurs due to the capture of "fast" nuetrons by uranium nuclei.

I didn't stay at a holiday inn last night but have worked in the nuclear field for 23 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Exthalion View Post
              On the subject of Naquahdah I also have a theory.

What if it is just normal matter, but through some unexplained mechanism it contains higher order chemical bonds which link not to the adjacent atoms in the crystal structure, but to others by bonding through higher dimensions.

Naquada explodes with more energy then its rest mass should contain. If it had more bonds then it should and these bonds were very unstable then when used in in a bomb or for power generation the breaking of these bonds could explain the huge energy output.

The high energy events which produce naquahdah could de-compact the curled up dimentions of string theory through which these bonds form.

Though I suppose this makes just as little sense as the above.
              noooooo
              If naquadah fissioned as uranium or plutonium does we'd expect to see around 200Mev of energy release. Chemical reactions are a few ev's (there are order of magnitude differences between chemical and nuclear reactions). The rest mass of naquadah (if converted to energy) would have yield far beyond what is portrayed in the series. I haven't done the math but if my recollection is accurate, approximately 0.5% of uranium mass is "destroyed" in a fission. The naquadah reaction we see could approach 5% and is triggered at a low yeild by some types of chemical reaction and a high yeild is triggered by a runaway nuclear reaction or precisely controlled nuclear reaction (MK I). This cannot occur based on our current understanding of nuclear physics.

I have a theory which is somewhat consistent of what we know (and don't know) about the atom but I admit is complete nonsense and should not be uttered anywhere outside a sci fi fantasy forum.

Comment

what about my spinning idea?

or would the 'centrifugal force ' be too powerful?

Comment

or the electrons are very close to the center and they are all is compressed into a small space and the core ( proton +electron ) is very big and generates gravity to hold it .
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                  StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                  GW member infractions : 1

Comment

gravity is a trillion times or so weaker than the electromagnetic force

Comment

yeap but we are in the fictional universe and the laws of physics are put aside think only to the sound in space and why artificial gravity is still on if the power source is of
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

Comment

1: sound in space is artistic licence. many Sci Fi shows do it.

2: maybe it's mechanical artificial gravity in stead of electric?

Comment

that would involve rotation , and also something that is confusing is the fact that all the ships are positioned on the same ax i mean the same up , why don't we see a hip navigate vertically to the other ships .
                          Just like i said you theory is good and i can see that you put some brain into but i don't think the withers have the slightest idea on how naq works
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

Comment

you think too much about the things that matter the least.

as i said, what if the Naquahdah Atom rotates fast enough to lenghten the half-time of the W and Z boson, increasing the range of the Strong Force and making it powerful enough to keep the atom together

Comment

and you are right about the atom , i never said anything against that but how about trinium ?
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

Comment

Working...
                              X