Tel'tak shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tel'tak shields

Do teltaks have shields? Do alkesh? I know teltak shields have been mentioned several times and we saw alkesh shields in continuum yet never at any other point and theres been nothing to suggest they do otherwise. A continuity error or do they possess minor shielding to protect the hull in space but are too weak to protect it from attack.

i believe they do have weak shields to survive re-entry.

Comment

some do some dont think of it as an optional extra

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Ditto with the cloak, as mentioned in their first episode "Deadman's Switch."

Then there's the fully kitted out models like the one Vala stole in "The Ties That Bind"
        Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

in bounty they had sheilds

Comment

Most ships have atmospheric shields, which I guess offer minimal protection and are best designed to limit drag and other micro-impacts.
            The battle shields, aside from those juryrigged by bounty hunters on Goa'uld small ships, or those seen protecting Teal'c's own Al'kesh, are very rare.
            That said, clearly, those protecting Teal'c's ship were really good for the ship that's concerned.
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

those atmosperic shields were mentioned in New Order, where carter increases the power of the shield to withstand the black hole.

then, she draws power from the shield to the engines, and the ship is torn apart

Comment

Well they didn't do a very good job in "Failsafe", eh?
                Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                  That said, clearly, those protecting Teal'c's ship were really good for the ship that's concerned.
                  they were powered by plot-source
                  La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                  L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Well, the ship had just recently crash landed, give it some credit for even making it to Earth.

But it was lucky it didn't get hit by anything before then.

Comment

We know some have shields as look back in the Continuoum film..

Comment

A) That was an Alkesh

B) I think that was the only time we've seen an Alkesh with shields, isn't it? They certainly didn't have them in "48 Hours" or "Lost City"

Comment

well lets think about the role of the Alkesh , it has the role of a troop ship and also a ha'tak destroyer , and if i remember of one ep in sg-1 there was a cloaked one above earth and was about to attack Daedalus and a goa'uld said that the earth vessel has superior shields (or was weapons ) well lest just say it resisted to some hits .
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                            well lets think about the role of the Alkesh , it has the role of a troop ship and also a ha'tak destroyer , and if i remember of one ep in sg-1 there was a cloaked one above earth and was about to attack Daedalus and a goa'uld said that the earth vessel has superior shields (or was weapons ) well lest just say it resisted to some hits .
                            An Al'kesh is and could have been plenty of things, but what it is not is a Ha'tak destroyer.

The only time it managed to damage a Ha'tak was by a surprise attack while cloaked, then flying within the volume protected by a Ha'tak's shield perimeter, and then fire its classical piss poor cannons (which might have been specially upgraded for that mission) and some blue bombs were never saw again, which I call zat/ion bombs, and which I consider to be very special and unique anti-capital ship weapons, but rarely used since they only matter if an Al'kesh can hit the hull of the Ha'tak, which most of the time, won't happen since the glorified crop duster will be smoked out of the sky before it can even complete a run around its larger target.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

i meant to say that al'kesh i a support ship for ha'tak , i said if a ha'tak and 2 al'kesh meat whit a ha'tak that one whit 2 al'kesh wins if the tech is identical
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Working...
                              X