This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modeling Thread

Would you start modeling if there was a thread that was less strict about hat can and cant be done. I.E. Not fanwank but still more freedom to express your ideas without being judged.

(this is a voting thread no comments about other threads plz)
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

*sigh*

there already is a thread for moddeling. just because ALX is not nice does not mean everyone is.

you two are big hotheads, neither of you is absolutely right or wrong

Comment

actually ALX and i both agree that a thread like the one im suggesting should be up
      sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

the OSDT is not telling what can and can not be done. if you post there, you want to get better, and you want to show us what you can. then others post feedback.

it's Sci and Tech, so of course everyone wants to have it make sense

Comment

actually OSDT accuses everyone of "fanwank" when something doesnt "fit" their specific views on what should be stargate.

Comment

depends. if you make a ship out of replicator blocks, with atlantis shields, ori main weapons, APBW's for point defence and ZPM's as AA batteries, then that's fanwank.

OSDT takes realism in account, and TBH, stargate is already stretching that far.

so, example ALX?

Comment

tbh everything "scifi" is fanwank so the point is mute.

OSDT takes realism in account
              no not imo.
              and TBH, stargate is already stretching that far.
              indeed veeeeeeery far as it is a tv show and fiction without much "science".

so, example ALX?
              and i have no need to argue with you Mr negative! such an endeavor would imo be pointless and i dont have the energy for it, you have your oppinion i have mine and im not going to be swayed, and from experience neither are you.

Comment

wow.....

cool down please.

you see? i post normal and you instantly heat up to 100 degrees and blow steam off at this forum.

sci fi is not fan wank. there's a difference. OSDT takes stargate realism in account. as i said, generally anything with ZPM's and atlantean shields and ori weapons and powersources and what not is seen as such, unless it's an ancient or ori ship. the point is, the ancients and ori and asgard are supposed to be hundreds of thousands of years more advanced than us, or even millions of years more advanced. plainly introducing superadvanced tech is ridiculous. the idea of the 304 is ridiculous to begin with, but hey, the asgard designed the tech, so maybe they took things in account.

so,

please name an example of what you claim. i've seen nothing of what you suggest happened

Comment

lol cool down? hahaha i wasnt even warm, and you dont seem to get it i have next to no intrest in your oppinions or carrying on argueing with you. youre like one of the one of those awful christian missionarys that dont know when to give up.

let me spell it out for ya:
                  you have your oppinion i have mine you can not convert me. discussion over, now go complain somwhere else, im not intrested.

Comment

except that i'm no christian and i actually argue with arguments. and if this is your cool, then your hot would make my keyboard and screen melt.

Comment

yes, well, i think you kids can either get along on this forum, or go and disagree elsewhere.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X