• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop-Loss (209)

DOLLHOUSE - SEASON TWO
    STOP-LOSS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 209

Victor is released back into the world when his contract with the Dollhouse expires, but his past threatens his future with Sierra. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 December 2013, 11:12 PM.

Great episode! Very, "We are the Borg"

Loved the "Can I go back to getting your juice boxes?"

I can't believe how drunk DeWitt got! I mean, the drool! Blek! Definitely feeling guilt about something.

The ending was intense! They must have loved filming that!
    Last edited by Amalthea; 19 December 2009, 09:56 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm a sucker for any ep where Victor is the central focus, although I remain a bit iffy on the Borg soldiers storyline.

Also while I know Adele had a thing for Victor I felt her "drunken mess" reaction was a bit... much.

Echo's reaction was... very telling, IMO. She was more pissed about losing a cog in her plan than about Sierra's love being released forever or even, as Sierra said, that he might not be ready for the world. And thinking about it I've realized that a lot of her reactions are pretty self-centered. It makes me wonder if she wants to "release the dolls" for their own sakes or because SHE wants to be the one to get credit for it. Sure, later she was willing to let the two of 'em go, but initially she was all about holding on to them because SHE needed them for her plans.

It's probably nothing. I'm probably just letting my hate of Echo/Caroline and my strong desire for her to be evil color my perspective.

Comment

Definitely the weakest of the last 6 episodes or so. Hive mind was way too "Borg" and out of left field, and SuperEcho is boring and Matrix-ey. Adele as a drunk completely came out of nowhere, and why in the hell is she suddenly a Rossum witch?! It's so massively out of character that I can't tell whether she's another freaky Doll or if it's just colossally bad writing. Most of the episode definitely not my cup of tea.

It was nice to get a whole bunch of Enver Gjokaj though. I'm starting to think that he's far and away the most talented actor on the show.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah, if Dollhouse accomplished nothing else at least it introduced us to Enver Gjokaj.

Comment

I agree with everyone. The whole hive mind thing didn't work for me either, but unlike some of you I actually like "Matrix" style Echo. The best thing about the episode was Victor and that we will finallly see "The Attic" the rest was a bit bland.
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
            X