• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Love Supreme (208)

DOLLHOUSE - SEASON TWO
    A LOVE SUPREME
    EPISODE NUMBER - 208

The murders of Echo's past romantic liaisons may indicate the return of Alpha. In other events, Adelle grows suspicious of Ballard, who hopes to recruit Boyd and Topher to his cause, and the Actives turn against their handlers. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 December 2013, 11:12 PM.

Thanks for posting the thread!

Alpha is awesome. I loved his shirt- it was very Wash-esque, I must say. Anyway, he plays a good crazy.

As mentioned in the "Alpha" thread, his whole torturing and killing of Ballard was shocking! I guess I should have anticipated it given his obsession with Echo. I definitely didn't see him downloading his consciousness, though. It's interesting how Ballard came through when Alpha and Echo were fighting- although I could have done without the voice over.

I wonder if "Ballard" is consciously himself in there existing as himself along with the other personalities? Since he is a real person and not one Topher made, I wonder if that has any effect? And if he knows he's trapped? That would be crazy.
    sigpic

Comment

So is Ballard going to stay a vegetable or are they gonna upload someone into him? Honestly I kinda expected Alpha to load himself into Ballard's shell, but adding Ballard to his collection makes a warped sense, too. I also kinda hope they don't bring Real Ballard back. After all, where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
        Thanks for posting the thread!

Alpha is awesome. I loved his shirt- it was very Wash-esque, I must say. Anyway, he plays a good crazy.

As mentioned in the "Alpha" thread, his whole torturing and killing of Ballard was shocking! I guess I should have anticipated it given his obsession with Echo. I definitely didn't see him downloading his consciousness, though. It's interesting how Ballard came through when Alpha and Echo were fighting- although I could have done without the voice over.

I wonder if "Ballard" is consciously himself in there existing as himself along with the other personalities? Since he is a real person and not one Topher made, I wonder if that has any effect? And if he knows he's trapped? That would be crazy.
        Alan Tudyk is such an amazing actor! I so love watching him play the bad guy, but I miss him all Wash-like too.

Yeah, the ending with Paul's mind downloaded into Alpha was definitely a shock! I wonder how the heck they're going to resolve that!

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        So is Ballard going to stay a vegetable or are they gonna upload someone into him? Honestly I kinda expected Alpha to load himself into Ballard's shell, but adding Ballard to his collection makes a warped sense, too. I also kinda hope they don't bring Real Ballard back. After all, where's the fun in that?
        That would definitely make things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by lystelle View Post
          Alan Tudyk is such an amazing actor! I so love watching him play the bad guy, but I miss him all Wash-like too.

Yeah, the ending with Paul's mind downloaded into Alpha was definitely a shock! I wonder how the heck they're going to resolve that!
          That's a good question! I have two possible theories at this point- either they (and by they, I mean Topher) will invent a way to fish out just Ballard from Alpha's brain or, Topher will build a Ballard. Either have some interesting consequences!

Of course, knowing Joss, he'll probably come up with something else entirely.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
            That's a good question! I have two possible theories at this point- either they (and by they, I mean Topher) will invent a way to fish out just Ballard from Alpha's brain or, Topher will build a Ballard. Either have some interesting consequences!
            Strip Alpha's brain, pull out all the bits you're "pretty sure" are "just" Ballard, pop 'em into the shell and cross your fingers! LOL!

Comment

I howled at "it's the 'manufacturing room', not the 'it's finished' room!" But the bulk of the story is absolutely....

Alpha! Man, Alan Tudyk is awesome. Poor guy getting blown up on the roof, I wasn't expecting that at all. Berserk dolls, Alpha taking control of the imprint chair and tearing up Ballard's mind...I can't believe he's (more or less) dead! That's....wow. Holy crap.

It's episodes like this that make me sad the series is ending.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Loved the episode. Alan Tudyk looked fabulous in the suit and the Wash-like shirt really made me smile. Alpha is sucha delicious antagonist. Not quite sane but very brilliant.
                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                X