How powerful could we be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How powerful could we be?

If the stargate programe was revealed about 1 year after EATG how would it go for us. how would the world change in 10 years?

IMO we have the tech and numbers we could be more powerful than any race ever on stargate. What do you think?

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
    If the stargate programe was revealed about 1 year after EATG how would it go for us. how would the world change in 10 years?

IMO we have the tech and numbers we could be more powerful than any race ever on stargate. What do you think?
    Potentially yes, with the legacy of the two greatest races, the Asgard and the Ancients and given enough time we could become the most powerful race in stargate
    "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
    "That he is concealing something."
    "Like what?"
    "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
    "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
    "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
    "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Earth in the gateverse has the Asgard legacy. It has access to the Atlantis database (not to mention an entire Ancient city-ship). It has helped bring down numerous major threats. It has a very good understanding of the Stargates and a wide variety of alien tech.

In short, Earth will be the next big galactic power, more so if the program went public.

But there's something to bear in mind:

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I think there's potential for Earth to fill the power vacuum left by the System Lords and even the Ori - and suddenly find itself beset by numerous smaller, less advanced powers successfully using guerilla tactics to bring them down.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

That and you just know some corrupt politican (or lots of them) would do all they could to make us into the next galactic superpower..
        Heck the argument could be made we are already there, with how we seem to make other cultures change to how WE want them to be..

Comment

Way too powerful for those two shows to make sense anymore.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            Way too powerful for those two shows to make sense anymore.
            Not interested in a new spin-off : "Stargate : Resistance" a rebellious SG-team against...well nearly everyone on Earth?
            La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
            L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Earth still lacks the infrastructure and educated society to really utilize the knowledge and tech it has access to. Chances are that we'll just use the tech to make ourselves fatter, dumber, and lazier with holographic twitter and hamburgers that beam directly into our mouths.

Comment

We need to establish colonies to support off world production facilities. IF the social refuse is taken back to homeworld and some protection (i.e. uber beams, shields, and heavy anti aircraft batteries like missiles and goaltenders http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY6nm-6eCzM
                we can get a foothold. Each colony would need the protection of some kind of fleet. There are plenty of planets that could be used to build our ships and mine our resources (voluntarily of course) and we have more than enough welfare and chronic unemployed to put to work too.

Comment

we could be powerful. but i think at first, the "dumb" technology is integrated. like, holograms, beaming sattelites to space, and such

Comment

We'd probably destroy ourselves if we weren't careful, it would take us a long long long time before we ever reached the level of civilisation the Asgard had at their peak let alone the Ancients.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                      Earth still lacks the infrastructure and educated society to really utilize the knowledge and tech it has access to. Chances are that we'll just use the tech to make ourselves fatter, dumber, and lazier with holographic twitter and hamburgers that beam directly into our mouths.
                      Mmm, tele-burgers....

Now available pre-chewed!
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Why beam them into our mouths?
                        Have them pre-chewed and beamed into our belly

Go Green

Comment

It would be a nice way to stop hunger, but I think for most people the eating part is the enjoyable bit...

I think the Nox and Tollans ahd it right with us; we're young. Waay too young to be in control of all this powerful technology. It was ok when we were fighting big bad guys, but with no major adversary, the technology will be misused.

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                            Why beam them into our mouths?
                            Have them pre-chewed and beamed into our belly
                            Heck, why not just have the cholesterol beamed directly into our bloodstream?

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                              Heck, why not just have the cholesterol beamed directly into our bloodstream?
                              XD With that logic, we could just beam whatever we need to survive as base as it goes directly into wherever it goes XD

Comment

Working...
                              X