X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Joe Mallozzi's online right now
    Thanks UberSG-1Fan, ran as fast as I can...

From Joe Mallozi's....

Originally posted by JMallozzi
    As for the next question, the answer is: 1.
    I can barely breath

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
      Thanks UberSG-1Fan, ran as fast as I can...

From Joe Mallozi's....

I can barely breath
      Have you not seen Moebius 2??
      The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
      |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        I agree. I have not been posting much for various reasons. This crap being one of the reasons. I had hoped it would have blown over by now.
        i haven't been posting because i can't find anything to talk about. no news means we can't plan and get excited. but no news doesn't necessarily mean bad news (we were drug along by our eyeballs through season 8, and then we got threads and moebius! ). but i mainly find myself... bored.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          i haven't been posting because i can't find anything to talk about. no news means we can't plan and get excited. but no news doesn't necessarily mean bad news (we were drug along by our eyeballs through season 8, and then we got threads and moebius! ). but i mainly find myself... bored.

sally

Ditto. It seems lots of discussions have reverted back to old ones. People still complaining... it's sad But people are getting more optimistic now, which is good. It seems in the last while all the posts have been about... I don't really know... got some good graphics, pics, vids, fics... but no new juicy discussions... for me it's not so bad seeing as I don't read the spoilers anyways, it just means I post less here. Or rather, no intelligent shippy posts

Still have fun here, but I, at least, am kind of in a shippy... lull. The withdrawl until season 9 starts up. Calm before the storm??

(Of course I might seem hypocritical as i've posted quite a bit tonite.... I'm talking generally!)

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

well if anybody is interested on the ask JM thread-he did answer what Jack told Sam to pack for.
            Spoiler:
            fishing
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Do we know anything about the plots concerning Jack or Sam for season 9 yet? I don't guess many plans have been released for the last 15 epeisodes yet so that would rule out Amanda Tapping...I could be out of the loop though...belive it or not, it does happen to me.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                Have you not seen Moebius 2??
                Hi MajorSam,

I have, but how many times do we get a direct answer regarding the
                Spoiler:
                Fishing!
                the question was asked many times and he kept going around it.

Now we know now for sure where she went

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                  Hi MajorSam,

I have, but how many times do we get a direct answer regarding the
                  Spoiler:
                  Fishing!
                  the question was asked many times and he kept going around it.

Now we know now for sure where she went

ah, lol, good, I was scared for a while there!!!!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    Tame I love your comment about Sam not being put with anyone anymore.Where do I sign.It may sound silly but a Big reason I'am not watching Season 9 is I do want to see
                    Spoiler:
                    every male guest star falling for Sam or any Boyfriends for Sam.I do not even want to see Daniel Teal'c and Sam be buddy buddy with BB's character.If does happen and I did not see it then it's like it never happened.I still plan to watch parts of episode 1 and 3 with Jack.I just does not sit right if Jack is in 1 and 3 and we never see Sam and jack together again.I was also going to watch AT's return in episode 6 but since TPTB are now saying Sam was not with Jack I doubt i'll watch.I still hope RDA will return in latter episodes so we can finally have some real Sam and Jack Ship.All I want is a real Kiss and an I love You.I do not expect an engagement or Wedding.I still cannot believe TPTB did put Sam and Jack together at the end of Season 8.TPTB could have created some good will for Season 9 with the Shippers and the Sam and Jack relationship would not be hanging over the show.I may have been willing to give Season 9 a shot.I would still love to see a late Season episode maybe the second to last episode start with a nice Sam and Jack Bed scene.We can get the real Kiss and I love you in the start of the episode then the rest of the show can be about the the whole Team.The last episode could be like Lost City with some real Sam and Jack Ship.Tame regarding AT and a Season 10 if there is one.I may be wrong but I would be very surprised if she would want to return.I can see a major shakeup with the remaining members of SG-1.I do not want to sound mean but I really hope there is no Season 10.There's probably no chance but I would still love to see an SG-1 Movie with RDA.
                    ((SES))) I so understand your reasons and I definitely respect them... the show just may not be a *Happy place* for some anymore and I NEVER want to ever make the assumption that it will be.

One thing is confusing to me though.... Why am I hearing that TPTB have said Sam & Jack aren't
                    Spoilers for Mobieus 1&2
                    Spoiler:
                    togther??? As far as I know the ONLY plae I have heard that come from is Micheal Shanks saying it at a Convention. and personally since I have yet to hear anyone else say it....well MS could have been saying it as a jest

However... if that is true then I stand behind what I said earlier... I too do NOT want to see Sam be back in the revolving door od man-per-episode....

Amanda had said she didn't want her character defined by the men...but RCC has definitely allowed that to happen these last two seasons..she isn't and never was considered *Jack's Girl* ONLY... AT had created a strong female character that we all love and I do believe that a good many of us agree that the downfall of this character was TPTB writing this lame a$$ boyfriend storyline.

I really don't forsee TPTB having BB and AT start anything....I mean goodness they already know that they have screwed up her character enough...if they don't well I WILL be tailoring my questions to RCC and Brad Wright to cover JUST THAT verry thing.

I haven't figured out just HOW I am going to get my points across to them BUT since they have elected to be at the same Convention as me well then they need to explain themselves.
                    I plan to ask them to explain

1) why would you ONLY use the rabid hate mail as a reference to the Shippers in your *Lowdown*

2) At what point do you completely ignore fan feedback when it is apparent that they are NOT enjoying a storyline you have committed to?

3)Why would you allow PTBs to continue to string along sections of the Online Fandom in such a manner to end up looking like liars and cheats that just want $$$?

Now I don't know if I will ask in just that manner..I do try to be polite and respectful but I am not always a happy fan and I want to know the stand they are willing to take when I am right there in theeir face.

any help with questions for the RCC, Brad Wright, Martin Wood panels would be much appreciated. I want to have good thought provoking questions that address our concerns as shippers and as fans overall.
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

<snip>

She's also said one time "I want one or both of them to retire, go fishing, and make babies!"

Spoiler:
                      Well, we've got the fishing... so alls we need is the babies! here's to wishful thinking!
                      Hey, I could definitely love it if Amanda 'knows' something, you know.

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                        Oh, but they *can't* do anything that the *real* US Air Force wouldn't do! We certainly wouldn't want to displease them by depicting something against their policy, would we?

After all, Stargate is only *partly* science fiction . . . when it comes to the Air Force procedures and rules, it's 100% realistic, right?

<snark ended>

<g>
                        I just love it when you are snarky!!!!!
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          Hey, I could definitely love it if Amanda 'knows' something, you know.

Sally

Hahaha!!! Hint hint much!? Never give up do you...

Like she's stated before, she's just an actress, they don't tell her these things. (She didn't know BB's Character was a Lt. Colonel until after everyone online did, lol) I doubt she'll know much until a week or so before she goes back!!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                            I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this one. They could very easily have had them together. Even though the official rules of the AF frown on it, the fact of the matter (and this comes from people I've known in the service) is that there is very much a "don't ask/don't tell" attitude. If everything runs okay, and there are no complaints of favoritism or whatever, the real military will not step in.

However, the USAF doesn't want people to acknowledge that, even if it's the truth. I think I need to put in a phone call to Mulder . . . the truth is out there!!! And S&J getting together hinges on his finding it!

I'm still just amazed that TPTB let the USAF dictate the direction of their show. When have you ever heard of somebody in charge of series letting somebody else call the shots like that? This is one time I wish Hollyweird's rebellious nature had kicked in.
                            Once again I COMPLETELY agree with you here.
                            I truly believe that maybe in season 1 or 2 when the show was still new to teh world TPTB may have not wanted to upset teh AF due to the toys they got from them....but as time went on and the show got a bigger following...AND it was apparent that the fans did enjoy the Sam & Jack dynamic I fully believe they just decided to string it along regardless of the AF... At some point it needs to realized THIS is a TV SHOW and a cable one at that. If a Network show only had 2.7 million viewers it would be cancelled before the next episode aired. SO I feel TPTB used anything and everything at their disposal to keep the viewers coming back. In our case as Shippers we loved the SHOW first and then we looked for Sam & Jack moments....this brought us back week after week.

I will NEVER believe that AF cared in all actuality after a few seasons what they did and as I have said a gazillion times before if the AF is worried that a small cable Sci-Fi show is going to cause their Officers to start jumping each others bones then we need to re-think our military force.

Comment

Ditto. It seems lots of discussions have reverted back to old ones. People still complaining... it's sad But people are getting more optimistic now, which is good. It seems in the last while all the posts have been about... I don't really know... got some good graphics, pics, vids, fics... but no new juicy discussions... for me it's not so bad seeing as I don't read the spoilers anyways, it just means I post less here. Or rather, no intelligent shippy posts

Still have fun here, but I, at least, am kind of in a shippy... lull. The withdrawl until season 9 starts up. Calm before the storm??

(Of course I might seem hypocritical as i've posted quite a bit tonite.... I'm talking generally!)
                              my season nine consists of 15 eps. i can't find any interest to watch the first five eps because sam won't be in them... i'm not doing this on purpose, i just can't find any enthusiasm. whether i started watching stargate because i love scifi, i continued because i fell in love with jack, sam, and ship. as far as i can see, the first five eps barely have any of those elements. i guess i'm telling this because i can't even get excited about season nine...

i need a margarita.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                                SO I feel TPTB used anything and everything at their disposal to keep the viewers coming back. In our case as Shippers we loved the SHOW first and then we looked for Sam & Jack moments....this brought us back week after week.
                                Additionally when the producers thought that it would be the last season, they intensified the S/J moments, Season 4 and Season 8.... I'm almost sure that they had S/J together at the end of S8, it was what they thought the Series finale and I'm sure they did not care about regulations... or at least they found the nice way over it...

Now, after finding out that they where coming back for another season, they had AT and RDA coming back to "re-do" some scenes... I'm supposing that they needed to take out the "shippiness" of the final eps? so they can keep pulling from the same thread in S9... and have us all coming back.

Comment

Working...
                                X