X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Yikes! 2. Well that really bites...

Is there any other episode where Jack and Sam are one the phone talking to each other besides Citizen Joe (NOT THREADS thank you very much)?

yes, I think the one ep S6 Sight Unseen ( the one with the bugs and Jonas )

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
      I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on this one. They could very easily have had them together. Even though the official rules of the AF frown on it, the fact of the matter (and this comes from people I've known in the service) is that there is very much a "don't ask/don't tell" attitude. If everything runs okay, and there are no complaints of favoritism or whatever, the real military will not step in.

However, the USAF doesn't want people to acknowledge that, even if it's the truth. I think I need to put in a phone call to Mulder . . . the truth is out there!!! And S&J getting together hinges on his finding it!

I'm still just amazed that TPTB let the USAF dictate the direction of their show. When have you ever heard of somebody in charge of series letting somebody else call the shots like that? This is one time I wish Hollyweird's rebellious nature had kicked in.
      I suppose your right to some extent...but I respect the characters for taking the fact that it was against regs seriously.

I think I would have lost some respect for them if they disregarded the code of honor they took an oath to uphold when they joined the AF...

JMHO here though...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
        Or we could see somthing like
        Spoiler:
        a modified version of the pictures from POV. I'm sure those guys could photshop a different background or clothing. And we could see it on one of both of their desks. THAT would be a great way for them to acknowledge that they are together.
        Yup. Although a
        Spoiler:
        Smoochy-poo
        Would be a LOT nicer, I'd accept that. Just a simple thing...

Originally posted by ses110
        Sam I may be wrong but if Season 9 tanks TPTB may wish they
        Spoiler:
        put Sam and Jack together in Season 8.Even if RDA had the same schedule for Season 9 that he did in Season 8 the Sam and Jack Ship still could not take over the show.I'll never understand the though process of TPTB.IMO the Sam and Jack Ship became a big part of the show because TPTB refused to deal with the Ship and kept putting it off.That only made the Shippers want to see it even more IMO.TPTB will never stop hearing about the Ship until they resolve it.
        If you were referring to me as "Sam" lol, i'm replying!

Spoiler:
        That's all very true. If TPTB hadn't made it such an infuriating thing... it's massive because it's so un-massive. It's the thing that's always there, nagging away, but never getting resolved. All the resolving I need is a simple scene like I said, that in no way takes over a story line, or an episode or anything. Just a simple acknowledgement.

I agree with you on the one hand but on the other...and I KNOW I'm going to get pelted for this... I see how TPTB's hands have been tied. There could be NO FULLY SAILING SHIP while Sam was directly under his command. There was zero chance of that.

Now, I have hope because the things that held them back in the past (them meaning TPTB and the characters themselves) will no longer be a problem. The USAF won't take out their red pens and nix shippy issues because the regs won't be an issue any more...

I'm afraid I disagree with this as well, depending on how you meant it. If you meant in the minds of TPTB, it's true. If you mean realistically according to the USAF Regs, nope. It does not say that with absolute no acception can there be relationships between two officers or a romantic interest. There are honour codes and stuff, yes, and in the case of Sg-1 and the high-pressure job, it's probably better, yes, but there's not a zero chance. If Sam and Jack had wanted they could have had a relationship since the beginning. They just have the honour code, and the principles, the lines they wouldn't cross that. It's very respectable, i'm happy for it, it's given us some fantastic angst, but there's a time and place, and that time is up!!!

Just let us have a full honest-to-god resolution, even just a kiss, and i'll be happy, and forever end my rants about if Sam and Jack could have got together through all the years, or about TPTB leading us by our teeth!
        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
          Keep the ideas rollin' sueKay here's another one:

Spoiler:
          Jack is leaving the SGC to take up his new position as Head of Homeworld Security in DC - or so the cover story goes. His new position is to lead a new, ultra classified, top-secret mission, known only Mr President Hayes. Until this new assignment, Jack must complete his paperwork and handover command of the SGC to General Laundry.

Meanwhile, Sam is in the land of P3X-595 (known to the locals as Far Far Away ) preparing for her role in a new ultra-classified top secret mission. She has only a limited amount of time to complete her research on her latest doohickies.

Exactly what this mission is, Sam & Jack don't yet know. They only know that they must report to the Gateroom at 1400HRS in episode 5.

Meanwhile, back at the SGC, where secrecy is a complete misnomer, every one is busy decorating the gateroom and buying presents
          This may be really off??????.......just in case spoiler space
          Spoiler:
          do you recall when we read RDA and AT were called back after filming was done for S8 and we all thought there would be a kiss or something added? Do you suppose there is any chance they filmed something for S9 before her tummy got too big? It was just a thought.
          ( Wishful thinking, I suppose)

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
            Yup. Although a
            Spoiler:
            Smoochy-poo
            Would be a LOT nicer, I'd accept that. Just a simple thing...

If you were referring to me as "Sam" lol, i'm replying!

Spoiler:
            That's all very true. If TPTB hadn't made it such an infuriating thing... it's massive because it's so un-massive. It's the thing that's always there, nagging away, but never getting resolved. All the resolving I need is a simple scene like I said, that in no way takes over a story line, or an episode or anything. Just a simple acknowledgement.

I'm afraid I disagree with this as well, depending on how you meant it. If you meant in the minds of TPTB, it's true. If you mean realistically according to the USAF Regs, nope. It does not say that with absolute no acception can there be relationships between two officers or a romantic interest. There are honour codes and stuff, yes, and in the case of Sg-1 and the high-pressure job, it's probably better, yes, but there's not a zero chance. If Sam and Jack had wanted they could have had a relationship since the beginning. They just have the honour code, and the principles, the lines they wouldn't cross that. It's very respectable, i'm happy for it, it's given us some fantastic angst, but there's a time and place, and that time is up!!!

Just let us have a full honest-to-god resolution, even just a kiss, and i'll be happy, and forever end my rants about if Sam and Jack could have got together through all the years, or about TPTB leading us by our teeth!
            I love AT's response to this...she said that they're like teenagers around each other....get on with it already!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I love AT's response to this...she said that they're like teenagers around each other....get on with it already!

*bows down in respect to those revered words that TPTB should GIT IN THEIR BLOOMIN HEADS*

Straight from the horse's mouth...

She's also said one time "I want one or both of them to retire, go fishing, and make babies!"

Spoiler:
              Well, we've got the fishing... so alls we need is the babies! here's to wishful thinking!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

MajorSam, your sig cracks me up!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman
                  MajorSam, your sig cracks me up!
                  *blush* Thanks

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

How many fishing inivtations has Sam received? I can easily recall Nemesis

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                      How many fishing inivtations has Sam received? I can easily recall Nemesis :-)
                      and of course, Small victories...

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                        How many fishing inivtations has Sam received? I can easily recall Nemesis :-)

Don't forget... uh...

:| The one where Jack's in the yellow shirt, season 6... Sight Unseen!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

3 and counting!

- Nemesis
                          - Small Victories (UberSG-1Fan)
                          - Sight Unseen (Major Sam)

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

i know of one for sure (And that nemisis).. but damn there has to be to other ones as well.. but who knows...
                            sigpic

Comment

I hope the next invitation that Jack ask Sam to go to is a romantic night out without Daniel and Teal'c of course

Comment

Joe Mallozzi's online right now

Comment

Working...
                                X