X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Threads spoiler:

Quick question about etiquette here: how long do we need to use spoiler tags for threads, m2 etc? Do we have to use them for Season 8 only? What about 7?
    I think we're supposed to spoil S7 & S8. Can't remember where I read it though. Anyone else help?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
      I think we're supposed to spoil S7 & S8. Can't remember where I read it though. Anyone else help?
      I think were supposed to use the spoiler space if it hasn't been shown in syndiction yet. S7 finished and there playing reruns now I think! So we don't have to use the spoiler space right?

Comment

((((((((((((((((((((((((SueKay)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
        Happy Easter to you too
        ((((((((((((((((((((((((Caty))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
        LOVE the collages!!!!

Please Please Please post again I've missed you guys!

Comment

Okay I've been thinking....
          You know in S7 ep. Evolution 2
          Spoiler:
          at the end after Sam and Jack look lovely into each others *sigh* and then they walk away did *anyone* else hear giggling coming from Sam wounder what Jack was doing hehehe!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            *delurks*

HAPPY EASTER!

*lurks again*
            Hey sueKay....looks like we lurk together!!!!! Come back again and join in the fun!!!!!

**critter**
            Desperate Thunker

Comment

It doesn't hurt to use them and it isn't that much trouble...that way there is no question....IMHO!
              Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
                Hey everyone and happy easter it's nice to see people getting back to normal- this is what the shipper thread is meant to be like. Still waiting for news on amanda's baby- i guess he/she really likes it in there- it just wants to stay!
                Again if you guys could have alook at a few of these sigs and tell me which one you lke best!? thatw ould be really helpful- also the're nice to look at. lol.

<<snipped>>
                OKay, lol there they are tell me which is you're fave and also as i said it's csoemthing nice for you guys to look at.
                xxx
                My vote is: Everybody Hurts Sometimes! But I love them all...Sam and Jack, really, how could I not????
                Desperate Thunker

Comment

Caty, I am glad you have gone to your happy place ....look at all these yummy collages that you've come up with and we all get to enjoy them! You are great for always sharing your love of Jack and Sam with all of us star-crossed lovers of that wacky pair. (((Caty)))

**looks around....must be the only shipper in town tonight....shrugs and walks away....
                  Desperate Thunker

Comment

Okay, I have a question. Reading in some ff's, Sam or transfers to another team so that they can be together without the chain of command issue. In others, transfer doesn't solve the problem because Jack is 2IC of SGC so, still in chain of command. So which is it?

The only clue I've noticed about this is in Threads
                    Spoiler:
                    where Kerry tells Jack to retire. But as he's now the General, the situation is different anyway.

So that begs the next question - as head of HW Security, Jack is over the SGC, and Sam will still be in the same chain of command, but as he wouldn't be her CO would that make the difference?????

Ack! This is nearly as bad as the timetravel thing for going round in circles!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
                      Caty, I am glad you have gone to your happy place ....look at all these yummy collages that you've come up with and we all get to enjoy them! You are great for always sharing your love of Jack and Sam with all of us star-crossed lovers of that wacky pair. (((Caty)))

**looks around....must be the only shipper in town tonight....shrugs and walks away....
                      Critter! Come back!! lol I was watching Home Edition, but am now back to discuss more SHIP!

Comment

Okay, I have a question. Reading in some ff's, Sam or transfers to another team so that they can be together without the chain of command issue. In others, transfer doesn't solve the problem because Jack is 2IC of SGC so, still in chain of command. So which is it?

The only clue I've noticed about this is in Threads
                        Spoiler:
                        where Kerry tells Jack to retire. But as he's now the General, the situation is different anyway.

So that begs the next question - as head of HW Security, Jack is over the SGC, and Sam will still be in the same chain of command, but as he wouldn't be her CO would that make the difference?????

Ack! This is nearly as bad as the timetravel thing for going round in circles!
                        I don't think that is considered the direct chain of command. That would be like saying the President of the United States couldn't be married to anyone military. As long as Jack isn't her direct CO, I think all is well. But
                        Spoiler:
                        that still doesn't leave me a whole lot of hope for S9. I don't understand how JM can think that we can see the whole relationship as resolved at the end of season 8, without having to ever address it again in season 9, which is what I suspect will happen.

Comment

jack as 2ic of the base is fanon, not canon

exec officer is a rather administrative role and jack really doesn't fit that

since jack is not canonly second of hte base, then he's not in sam's chain of command beyond being her commanding officer
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                            I don't think that is considered the direct chain of command. That would be like saying the President of the United States couldn't be married to anyone military. As long as Jack isn't her direct CO, I think all is well. But
                            Spoiler:
                            that still doesn't leave me a whole lot of hope for S9. I don't understand how JM can think that we can see the whole relationship as resolved at the end of season 8, without having to ever address it again in season 9, which is what I suspect will happen.
                            You have a good point there. Remember way back when the thought was S4 would be the last one? It was really heavy with ship. Early on we got D&C and WoO, mid-season was BtS, and then Entity towards the end. I think we would have seen some resolution, except that tptb discovered there would be more. S5 was very little ship, and what little there was was extremely subtle. I think the same thing is happening again.
                            Spoiler:
                            We've had a LOT of ship this seaon. Threads was just great (except for killing off Jacob ). Then just as filming is wraping up, another season is announced. Although this time it will be worse than S5 cos there's no RDA.

So although I will still be wearing MB's rose tinted glasses and appreciating every little subtle nuance of ship I can find for S9, I do find myself wondering what we'll get.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              jack as 2ic of the base is fanon, not canon

exec officer is a rather administrative role and jack really doesn't fit that

since jack is not canonly second of hte base, then he's not in sam's chain of command beyond being her commanding officer
                              Well that's a relief! You know what's it like - a horrible thought grips you in the dark and eerie early morning hours and suddenly ... PANIC

Thanks for clearing that up
                              sigpic

Comment

Tame I wish I could give 9 a fair shot but I doubt I'll be able to tune in.There's just not enough for me to tune in.I have always got hooked on my TV Show and kept returning for the characters and not the stories.I left the X-Files when DD left and I'am leaving Jag since David James Elliot is not returning if there is a new Season and
                                Spoiler:
                                SG-1 is the same with RDA leaving.IMO shows like Law and Order can go on forever since it's Story based and not character based.You can have Burt and Ernie on as the Leads in Law and Order and the Show would still work.Cheers had the best idea.When Ted Danson had enough TPTB ended Cheers.SG-1 should be the same.I'am a Big believer when the Star of the Show had enough then it's time to go home.IMO all shows need that one character you cannot due without and that's RDA for SG-1.Any other Actor you bring in is just a cheap copy no matter how great the Actor may be.SG-1 can still live on in Cable Movies or Direct to DVD Movies.I really do not see the need for another Season.In RL I need to accept changes but with my TV Shows I do not need to accept changes I do not like.

Comment

Working...
                                X