Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    Hmm I don't know....it would have made the gutter more kinky I think Still Sam always plays according to the rules and is a really good girl. In a way I can't see her with a real bad boy...but in a way Jack also has his darker bad sides...which make him who he is....

So...yes and no...is that an answer?
    that's an answer.

it's hard to answer it for me, b/c i think i'm putting myself into sam more than trying to think through sam's mind. was her initial interest just of the physical? could she had fallen for him just from being attracted to him, and then, whether she wanted it to or not, fallen in love with him, even if he were kind of a jerk (like tesla )?
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      *huggles RCC for putting that in*

Oops.. wrong thread, right?
      It's Christmas...we let it slip

Let's grab the sidearm Sam and play nice with it!
      sigpic

Comment

This makes me wonder again, if she just waited till Jack asked her about it or if she was building up the courage to ask him about it(in an earlier scene it is obvious that she doesn't tell Daniel or Teal'c a word about it at that moment) ...I think with this scene, IMHO, Sam hoped that Jack would have talked her out of it, because she didn't dare to do it. He needed to do where she in a way wasn't strong enough for...she searched for guidance...
        Yup.. exactly. This is what I think about that scene , at least from Sam's PoV (see, I write fanfic to keep from having to repeat myself all the time lol)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          that's an answer.

it's hard to answer it for me, b/c i think i'm putting myself into sam more than trying to think through sam's mind. was her initial interest just of the physical? could she had fallen for him just from being attracted to him, and then, whether she wanted it to or not, fallen in love with him, even if he were kind of a jerk (like tesla )?

Well the physical interest is there, but in the end only physical interest doesn't keep a girl attracted to a boy. (IMHO) I think she would have had some fun with him then but when getting to know him better and knowing he was a jerk she wouldn't have kept or started a relationship with him.

Still watching Threads.
          Jack/Kerry bedscene question. They're already sleeping together, how long do you think they're together at that point? IMHO I can't see Jack immediately going to bed with a person thus it must have been a few weeks(month?) now...also they're still wearing clothes...thus erm...have they fished? Or not...I know that some people like to put clothes on after fishing but still....
          In a way they don't fit together for me. Kerry is, IMHO, a nice person though. And smart. A real person who knows that there is someone else...in a way *happy sigh*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            Yup.. exactly. This is what I think about that scene , at least from Sam's PoV (see, I write fanfic to keep from having to repeat myself all the time lol)
            Nice! and I read that fic before lol.

As for repeating myself...I think I am not often serious enough to be repeating myself...normally I'm just the one nodding and finding gutter on weird places!

Another Threads question...why the heck is Pete calling Sam so insistently when she is at the SGC? They're just flowers FCOL...or is it so close to the wedding and they haven't done anything yet?

You do notice that during that scene Jack keeps watching Sam and isn't paying that much attention...and poor Jacob saying about the flowers while Sam prefers to be with Jack instead of her fiancee...

I think with this Jacob does make Sam realise something. Pete isn't the right person for her!
            sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #21

His eyes say it all: admiration, respect, pride. How could he not fall in love with her?
              Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Nice! and I read that fic before lol.

As for repeating myself...I think I am not often serious enough to be repeating myself...normally I'm just the one nodding and finding gutter on weird places!

Another Threads question...why the heck is Pete calling Sam so insistently when she is at the SGC? They're just flowers FCOL...or is it so close to the wedding and they haven't done anything yet?

You do notice that during that scene Jack keeps watching Sam and isn't paying that much attention...and poor Jacob saying about the flowers while Sam prefers to be with Jack instead of her fiancee...

I think with this Jacob does make Sam realise something. Pete isn't the right person for her!
                The cynic in me says that that scene was set up to convey exactly that

Comment

Jack Look #22

What makes this such a fun "Jack look" is that just a few seconds earlier...

Can we say, in tune with each other??

I think it's that Pete was starting to really feel Sam's apprehension and I think he was trying to push her to be more involved. Before they were just dating so hey, backburner, he can live with it, but this is their wedding (remember the comment in the car "this is your wedding too")
                  Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    The cynic in me says that that scene was set up to convey exactly that
                    It probably is!

Backyard scene(still stubbornly posting my Threads thoughts)
                    I do think Jack gets the HINT here but knows Kerry is inside and feels awkward(and later on Sam too)
                    I do think Sam realised it at the house she really couldn't marry Pete(and needed to talk one last time if he was an option...because if he was she would dump Pete(sort to speak) if not I do think she in the end would have married Pete).
                    Kerry just saw them for a moment(and probably did saw/hear some things at the base) but still sees the "thing" REALLY quickly and says Jack should go and have a relationship with Sam. This does mean something about how obvious the two are even when they think they're taking distance and that S/J really need to go fishing together and not with other people!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                      <snip but also "aww" from me>

I think it's that Pete was starting to really feel Sam's apprehension and I think he was trying to push her to be more involved. Before they were just dating so hey, backburner, he can live with it, but this is their wedding (remember the comment in the car "this is your wedding too")
                      True. Normally speaking a girl is happy about her wedding and wants to organize it and not the fiancee/BF. I think this indeed already indicates that something is wrong and that Pete tries to involve her so that perhaps she will get more excited about it...I wonder if Sam ever searched for a wedding dress? I know that for some people that is one of the first things they do...

You know watching all these episodes in a row changed my view a bit, because before I really saw Jacob as the trigger while now I see multiple things and mostly it is realisation from Jack's side and Sam finally "pushing it through"....
                      Last edited by starlover; 24 December 2009, 04:09 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

still got 7 hours to go here in the U.S. on the west coast.

Comment

Jack Look #23

The entire time Jack talks to Sam in the corridor after meeting with her twin, he looks at her with this look of intense concern, but I detect even a slight hint of confusion. He knows something happened. He knows that it means something... but he's not sure exactly what.
                          Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Sorry for another post buuuuuuut it will probably be the last post from me tonight!

At the "break-up" scene from S/P I find the "I knew from the beginning" from Pete very significant...what did he knew from the beginning? Sam's doubts? Her love for Jack? Something else

If it's the second one I am curious why he never asked or so...he just let it happen to him and I do feel in a way sorry for Pete. He tried and really loved her from what I noticed tihs evening(if I let the stalker thingie slip for a bit). He does mention Jacob and thinks he it has something to do with her father, but in the same way says it like it doesn't have anything to do with him and Pete knows it.

In a way he comes across smarter in here than he did before! Bad Sam lol...but good that she did it now and not after the marriage....

I am curious though when Sam and Jack talked it out and decided to go fishing...because in here and in Moebius you don't see the moment where that happens...

You do notice the scene after this with the Anubis wanting to destroy the universe that Sam is already ignoring his order first and he has to say "carter" twice... Such a married couple!

And YAY Fishing...fish fish fish...reel 'em in Jack

*is back in gutter/fluff land*
                            sigpic

Comment

*runs in*

Phew not posted on this thread in a while

Christmas Card for the shippers *huggles all* - runs back to Woohoo thread.

You didn't see me...right?

Comment

Jack Look #24

This is a Jack non-look. Kawalsky let's the cat out of the bag that AU Sam is AU Jack's wife... and Sam glances across the table at Jack who promptly looks down, very interested in whatever his file on the table has to say. This says that it's a big issue for him. If it was a non-issue, he would have joked or shrugged it off, but he doesn't, he acts ashamed or embarrassed... like he was caught in a lie (even though he wasn't).
                                Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X