Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Look #10

I love his intense gaze, the way he's completely focused on her as she talks.

Comment

Jack Look #12

Sam wants to approach her father about taking Selmak. In Jack's eyes I see that look again - the "studying" look as well as deep concern. I really feel like here his trust boundaries with her have widened extensively, yet at the same time, we see that he still has some degree of objectivity when he's dealing with her. Something, I think we'd agree, becomes a little more vague as time goes on...
      Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Inspired by that awesome Jack look that Twilight posted and I just commented on, I thought I'd share a sneak preview of the Christmas vid I've been working on for ages... doesn't look like it's actually going to be finished in time for Christmas day, though. <sigh> This one has been a labor of frustration as much as love, I'm afraid. I have never had a vid take this long before! Ever! It's agonizing! Especially since I've got a list a lightyear long of other vids in the to-be-made cue!

Anyway, the Christmas vid: Sam & Jack Trans Siberian Orchestra Style.

Oy, that was a pain to upload, too. Youtube Copyright Pirate Nazis muted the audio and Photobucket was *not* playing well with others. But I won. I always do. Eventually.
        Love and hot fudge,
        Bren Ren
        ~
        My stories!
        ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post

Anyway, the Christmas vid: Sam & Jack Trans Siberian Orchestra Style.

Oy, that was a pain to upload, too. Youtube Copyright Pirate Nazis muted the audio and Photobucket was *not* playing well with others. But I won. I always do. Eventually.
          LOL, Bren!

Great video! I can't wait to see the rest of it!
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Sorry that I keep annoying you people why angsting myself out...but I need to talk

Affinity: Teal'c is way too funy in the "real world" *giggles*

and I'm close to hanging myself because of the S/P fluff...although I can't wait till the S/J fluff in Threads

Yay for Jack being a General! I still find it funny that Jack is a general...he's so not the type IMHO!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              Sorry that I keep annoying you people why angsting myself out...but I need to talk

Affinity: Teal'c is way too funy in the "real world" *giggles*

and I'm close to hanging myself because of the S/P fluff...although I can't wait till the S/J fluff in Threads
              That's exactly why I love the sequence you're watching right now. By the time you get to Threads, you really *feel* the need and when she finally breaks up with Pete and goes fishing with Jack, the relief is immense. Of course, I always stop Threads right after the scene where Daniel comes back, then go to Moebius 2 and watch the last two scenes (er.. actually.. I might have a file on my PC that just runs that way )

Comment

Jack Look #12

Selmak is trying to heal Sam's father. Martouf refuses to leave and Sam refuses to leave (despite Jack having offered to stay). What I find so intriguing about this sequence is that *he leaves her behind* - something he will be unable to do in the coming seasons. Here, I think, you can see the beginnings of that in his eyes... but we're not there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                  That's exactly why I love the sequence you're watching right now. By the time you get to Threads, you really *feel* the need and when she finally breaks up with Pete and goes fishing with Jack, the relief is immense. Of course, I always stop Threads right after the scene where Daniel comes back, then go to Moebius 2 and watch the last two scenes (er.. actually.. I might have a file on my PC that just runs that way )
                  Yes. Break up. Now.

Awww...I just got her rant about people needing to have a partner in life*sob* Poor Sam. This is IMHO already an indication that Pete isn't the right person for her. Why is she saying this when she is happy with the person...it doesn't make sense to me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #14

The classic "confused" look we've all come to know and love - and know is a complete farce. This comes from a sequence that I would call definite *flirting* - I have to pause when I come this though and ask myself, is this the first time Jack has gone out of his way to flirt with her? He generally does it in the midst of regular work, but here he has specifically pulled her aside with an excuse to talk to her. And of course, who can blame him when he gets that beautiful Sam Carter smile as a reward:

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                      Venn diagrams? Although they don't so much cancel each other out as overlap each other. Hmm, has anyone done a Venn diagram for the three pillars of ship?
                      As Jumble said, I did

Though whether everyone will agree with my choice of scenes to illustrate each part is another thing entirely...

Twilight, loving the looks

And because it's only 22 minutes until it's officially Christmas here, and I'm not sure how much time I'll have to come online tomorrow...

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
                      I hope you all have a wonderful day!

sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Okay...the awkward convo.

I find it interesting how Jack starts with talking to Sam in it. He knows something is wrong with her and thus this means he still cares about his people and knows when something is wrong.
                        I don't know why, but it looks/sounds significant to me because of the thought, in my head, that Jack still looks out for her. She is supposed to be on her own and all but still he goes to her and asks her about stuff...she doesn't say "it's pete" blah blah, but she shows him the ring and goes from there...looking at his reaction...hoping he will say no.

This makes me wonder again, if she just waited till Jack asked her about it or if she was building up the courage to ask him about it(in an earlier scene it is obvious that she doesn't tell Daniel or Teal'c a word about it at that moment) ...I think with this scene, IMHO, Sam hoped that Jack would have talked her out of it, because she didn't dare to do it. He needed to do where she in a way wasn't strong enough for...she searched for guidance...

All IMHO of course...

sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #15

This picture is so much more than just Jack's complete attention on Sam. What makes his look so much more powerful is the proximity of their body, their body language (turned into each other), and her complete attention on him. Here we see how their progression of being of similar spirit has now progressed into a connection that is just starting to be incredibly nonverbal. Just to compare here are some other shots:

This is from the same scene - notice how close they are whereas everyone else has a decent distance between them. From another episode:

While Sam and Daniel share a close proximity, their body language towards each other isn't nearly as open or as connected. It definitely shows that they are close in a friendly way, but they lack that "kindred soul" that I've mentioned before - something we'll see them butt heads (just a little) about later in Season 4.
                          Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Merry ChristmasEveryone!

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

It's christmas in this part of the world...

Thus...

Merry Christmas Shippers

You know that in these episodes I actually *like* Sam's personal clothing(except for the pink thing in the park). She looks good

Oooh and twi still loving the looks... on a bad note I won't have the new chapter ready for you tonight. I think.
                              sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #16

Another one I picked because I felt their body language added so much to Jack's expression (which while you can't see it straight on, you can feel it in the way he is turned to her). At this point Michael and Jenny have discovered them and so Jack has turned from facing them to facing her. I think this speaks to the underlying bond and trust that has formed between them, especially on Jack's part.

Jann - I wonder if Jack isn't feeling Sam out. She originally told him that it wasn't that serious but then she gets a ring. Maddeningly he stays noncommittal in his responses to her and she stays too vague which allows him that *out* so to speak... for all their nonverbal communication skills, they kinda suck at the actual talking thing.
                                Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X