Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    it's because there is a big honkin' doohickey on the table And they're talking about fishing
    No! They're actually planning on going fishing, which is far better than simply discussing it... Cause really, he's figured out you can't just ask the woman to come, you have to make her.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      Which leads to some SERIOUS need to fish and thus going out and trying to satisfy said urge by going fishing with Pete. Only to discover that she was fishing with him for the wrong reasons. Cuz no matter how great he is, he's not the star of her 'er... fishing dreams... yeeah.
      Gutter, Gutter, Gutter, Gutter!

Fishing Pole. Reeling in. Catched the Fish.

I have a one tracked mind and I love it!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        No! They're actually planning on going fishing... Well, technically, he's figured out you can't just ask the woman to come, you have to make her.
        Bolded: I so read that in the wrong context!

You have to make her

Excuse me while I go deeper in the gutter

<splashes>

Still...Gutter: Doohickey and fishing...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          WOODHOOOOD!!!
          PAGE 69!!!

Er..... *cough*.... carry on
          Where's our big picture of Woohood? I mean, I know I'm not part of this clan but some part of me has come to expect it. The shippers aren't complete without our hippy shippies!

Comment

Bolded: I so read that in the wrong context!
            No.

You didn't.

Comment

No.

You didn't.
              and here I was thinking this was an innocent forum

Someone was asking for a Martin pic?

Okay

sigpic

Comment

101 Looks of Jack O'Neill
                as he beholds Sam

The FIRST look, the moment our ship begins.
                Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Woohoo Twi for look, but can you size the img down please! It's stretching my page

sigpic

Comment

Woohoo Twi for look, but can you size the img down please! It's stretching my page

I put it in spoilers (so if you refresh) - as I am still trying to figure that out LOL

Jack Look #2

The unabashed appreciation for Sam before the angst sets in:

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Thank you! If you use PB I can tell you how it works
                      Spoiler:
                      Just click on the picture then hover on it and on the top of the picture a bar will show up and somewhere on it it says "resize" then click on that and resize it to "large: 640x480" (or so) and then you have the right size if the picture is too big. You can also adjust it with uploading to make sure your pictures aren't too big...but I don't know out of the top of my head how that works...

As for look #2: Yum...he looks like he so wants to...erm...go fish with her *points at the twinkle in his eyes*
                      sigpic

Comment

Woohoo! Our first 69 page of the new thread!

Well...

To totally contradict what I said before, John and I actually did have a conversation about nicknames early in our relationship. It went something like:

"Why can't I call you Jack, everyone else does..."
                        "No."
                        "But it doesn't make any sense..."
                        "No."
                        "But..."
                        "I'll call you Jenny..."

That was sort of the end of that.
                        Actually, we were discussing this on the MWHS thread a short time ago. Similar here except we never ever talked about it. My husband is Charles to me but Charlie to just about everyone else (including his first wife). It's just a question of how I came to know and meet him. He'd give me the oddest looks if I tried to call him Charlie.
                        As for me, same thing. Almost nobody calls me by my full name - excapt my immediate family and, by extension, him too.

I have it in my head that he calls her Samantha when he's trying to be tender. Maybe he uses Sam with some degree of frequency and slips into Carter on impulse or when he's being playful.

I've never imagined them having them a detailed conversation about it. I know some fic has her insisting he call her Sam (in response to her calling him Jack), but I feel like he'd gradually switch over as they're together longer.
                        That's about how I see it too.

*IF* it had actually happened and been an actual real kiss, it would be gutter. The fact the kiss existed only in her mind and, at that, only briefly before she interrupted the fantasy herself and said, "Never mind," effectively dismissing the idea, makes it ANGST. Complete and total angst.

So you're right. Tongue = gutter. But denying oneself desperately desired tongue = angst.
                        Oooh so true. It's guttery angst though, because that's what I love best.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Oooh so true. It's guttery angst though, because that's what I love best.
                          Well, guttery angst is bone deep. Fluffy angst is just....

Is there such a thing? I mean, I can imagine Angst followed by fluff.. But simultaneously?

Comment

WOODHOOOOD!!!
                            PAGE 69!!!

Er..... *cough*.... carry on

Broccoli anyone?
                            sigpic

Comment

Where's our big picture of Woohood? I mean, I know I'm not part of this clan but some part of me has come to expect it. The shippers aren't complete without our hippy shippies!
                              I see Jann beat me to it I was trying not to be too OT

Comment

Well, guttery angst is bone deep. Fluffy angst is just....

Is there such a thing? I mean, I can imagine Angst followed by fluff.. But simultaneously?
                                Fluff and Angst together *blinks* that is impossible...I mean they're eachother's opposites...or you must see the "200" wedding scene as Flangst? Because it's fluffy but perhaps S/J aren't married/together which makes it angsty

Oooor the hug in TbftGoG ...coz they're hugging which could be fluff and the angst is that they are going to die after the hug...

........no....gutter works the best with those two

I see Jann beat me to it I was trying not to be too OT
                                I'm just obnoxious and post!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X