No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay everyone... in NINE posts I will be ONE HUNDRED away from my custom avatar. I am so excited I could SCREAM. Inspired by Bren, I want to do a 100 of something. But I'm angsty and I also don't have screen caps, but I have no endless amount of angst in my cavern. Sooo I'm looking for ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      Okay everyone... in NINE posts I will be ONE HUNDRED away from my custom avatar. I am so excited I could SCREAM. Inspired by Bren, I want to do a 100 of something. But I'm angsty and I also don't have screen caps, but I have no endless amount of angst in my cavern. Sooo I'm looking for ideas.
      you can go to stargate caps.com if you need caps.

Hhhmmm...

100 times Jack stared longingly at Sam that she never noticed? or vice versa?

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

Hhhmmm...

100 times Jack stared longingly at Jack that she never noticed? or vice versa?
        Ok, I know I've been at the wine, but that really doesn't make sense to me

And the vice versa is even more confuzzling

Comment

Well...

To totally contradict what I said before, John and I actually did have a conversation about nicknames early in our relationship. It went something like:

"Why can't I call you Jack, everyone else does..."
          "No."
          "But it doesn't make any sense..."
          "No."
          "But..."
          "I'll call you Jenny..."

That was sort of the end of that.

Still can't see them doing it, cause I doubt she really dislikes it when he calls her Carter. I just think, for both of them, initially there would have been a sort of thrill at his using 'Sam' or 'Samantha' which would cause him to use it more and more frequently until it would slowly become the more normal form of address.
          Elijah and I had a conversation about names at the beginning but only because he'd recently changed his legal name (long long story). So all his friends knew him as Ken and I knew him as Elijah and his family called him Tater. He said he hated "Tater" and swore we would not do this to our child. So we haven't. We shortened Elisha's name to Eli. (Elisha is the Biblical prophet that came after Elijah.)

So I guess we had a discussion but only because there was a lot of confusion... but with Jack and Sam they've been around each other so much they'd simply work their way into it.

This is why I want to write my own interpretation of post-Thread (Jenn, I must be hanging around you too much, I usually write AU and this would be like the third or fourth IC story I feel inspired to write...)...

:: waits patiently for Christmas Eve dinner ::

TURKEY!!!!! and cheesy Xmas music...

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            Ok, I know I've been at the wine, but that really doesn't make sense to me

And the vice versa is even more confuzzling

I need that little rolling on the floor icon on GW.... *headdesk* fixed it

Comment

Hhhmmm...

O.o I think meant Sam right? Cuz.. that might be weird if Jack was looking longingly at himself in the mirror. That might be good for the thunk thread LOL

I did not know about stargatecaps.com... I shall check it out.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                I normally stay in my corner of the world (D/V) but I wanted to drop by this thread to wish you all...

A lovely Christmas and a wonderful brand New Year that is full of all good things!!!

love from me and little Missymoo xx
                sigpic
                Made by me.

Comment

I have it in my head that he calls her Samantha when he's trying to be tender. Maybe he uses Sam with some degree of frequency and slips into Carter on impulse or when he's being playful.

I've never imagined them having them a detailed conversation about it. I know some fic has her insisting he call her Sam (in response to her calling him Jack), but I feel like he'd gradually switch over as they're together longer.
                  There's a kind of cute story (which at the moment I don't recall the title of), in which Sam is pregnant, and during the whole course of her pregnancy Jack is insisting that he wants to name the baby "Carter", because he really, really likes the name. And Sam is resisting throughout the whole pregnancy, because she doesn't want to saddle their child with a name like that - "Carter O'Neill".

Comment

Hmmm, I might have to beat you with my large beta stick... :: whistles and looks innocent :: o.O
                    Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    Uh-oh Jann....Twilight's gonna pull out her red pen of death!

Twi...you're just plain evil. I thought you were supposed to be nice around Christmas.
                    sigpic

Comment

I need that little rolling on the floor icon on GW.... *headdesk* fixed it

Comment

Well...

To totally contradict what I said before, John and I actually did have a conversation about nicknames early in our relationship. It went something like:

"Why can't I call you Jack, everyone else does..."
                        "No."
                        "But it doesn't make any sense..."
                        "No."
                        "But..."
                        "I'll call you Jenny..."

That was sort of the end of that.

Still can't see them doing it, cause I doubt she really dislikes it when he calls her Carter. I just think, for both of them, initially there would have been a sort of thrill at his using 'Sam' or 'Samantha' which would cause him to use it more and more frequently until it would slowly become the more normal form of address.
                        OMG that is so cute!

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        There's a kind of cute story (which at the moment I don't recall the title of), in which Sam is pregnant, and during the whole course of her pregnancy Jack is insisting that he wants to name the baby "Carter", because he really, really likes the name. And Sam is resisting throughout the whole pregnancy, because she doesn't want to saddle their child with a name like that - "Carter O'Neill".
                        I remember that story! I always did think that Carter would be a great name for an O'Neill kid, especially if it's a girl (contrary to the Grace name).
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          I could imagine her resisting because she doesn't want the baby to be confused. I mean, that'd mean he'd have to stop calling her Carter... LOL

I've always thought that she would keep her last name since she's published and so forth under it. So Carter would still work for a nickname after they're married.

Comment

Sooooooo because it's almost Christmas and I am procrastinating time for a question...

What are S/J doing this Christmas? With whom are they celebrating it etc

sigpic

Comment

Hhhmmm...

Like this?

Comment

I've always thought that she would keep her last name since she's published and so forth under it.
                                Well, she did, didn't she?

Comment

Working...
                                X