Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    :: eyes Jenn warily and hesitantly steps away from the corner :: Hmmm okay... if you say so... but if not I'm sending the fluff fairies after you and I bear no responsibilities as to what sorts of horror they might concoct. There might be bits of:

"Jack, you're the only man I've ever really love."

or

"Sam, I never really loved Sara, I was pining away for you the second you turned 18 and were legal."

O.o So beware. Beware.
    ROFLMAO!!! That's bad. Really...*snort*

It's almost like when I read Sam/Jack calling the other "babe"(I dislike that word very much and have to think about a pig)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      ROFL! You know this idea could really turn into a crack fic! Not that I'm doing that btw...just...no...

Actually on a more serious note, in the fanfic I was thinking about Sam was married with someone, had a child, but it was Jack's, for some reason she left the whole SGC(can't remember) married a dude at the new place she lived. Bad marriage, in the end she needs Jack for her son, Jack comes back to her(in a really bad mood) they make up...Sam feels loved again..blah blah blah...in the end she does...what she does and ends up with Jack when the other dude dies.

At the time it sounded good to me

*climbs quickly out*
      I think I remember starting this fic. I think I stopped reading at the point that she cheated on her husband because when she started cheating the guy wasn't that bad... I vaguely remember the writer turning the guy abusive suddenly or something like that (maybe just one fry short of a happy meal) as though trying to justify it...

Let's just hang out up here, in the safety of the cavern.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        No worries. I'm at least ten years too old for Twilight... I've read some synopsis and collapsed into giggles. Does that help?

And to be on topic, for those of you who do AU, Annerb wrote a new fic.
        I know, I read it on her LJ this morning! I really love it! *huggles AU*

As long as we keep the AU's to fanfic and not to canon, I'm happy with them!

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        Catching up on overdue tasks. I've updated and uploaded more zipped fic on my fic page. This is fic that has been compiled from various sources and put together into single docs.

Use it, don't, it's your choice. I'm posting here 'cause I only read shippy fic, so...it's shippy.

Got to my Compiled Fanfic Page. The page also includes compiled fic from a contributor, our own cdm. Her stuff is clearly identified. There's some great Geocities stuff in her zipped file, which is wonderful since we lost so many sites when Geocities died.

I'll be crossposting this to the ff threads, too.
        Thanks Pol *huggles*
        I love your zips because I'm too lazy to put all the stories I read in docs/other formats thus I rely on other people doing this for me! *downloads it and puts it on Ipod* Yay.
        sigpic

Comment

I think I remember starting this fic. I think I stopped reading at the point that she cheated on her husband because when she started cheating the guy wasn't that bad... I vaguely remember the writer turning the guy abusive suddenly or something like that (maybe just one fry short of a happy meal) as though trying to justify it...

I know I read it this summer at the beach and you could be right, but I never got the whole change feeling...then again I read sooo much at the beach(you wouldn't believe how good I am at multitasking *adjusts halo*) that I don't remember it completely!

...can we go down to the gutter too?

I mean...perhaps some kinky way to for Sam and Jack to catch fish!!!
          sigpic

Comment

It's almost like when I read Sam/Jack calling the other "babe"(I dislike that word very much and have to think about a pig)
            I think we've discussed this before, but that actually works for me. It might be a regionalism. Around here, couples (and even close friends) use that word *all* the time and it's not really considered any big deal. Same thing with 'baby', though that's generally more 'intimate' than babe. So it doesn't bother me, but I know in other parts of the country and world it's sounds totally awful. I call my husband 'baby' all the time. Which is funny, cause he's got about 100 lbs on me, a super-deep voice, and is trained to kill people with his bare hands... See? Not diminutive at all.

Though I remember the first time I said it in front of the in laws. They did a double take and then told him to marry me. I'm not sure if that was because I dared to call him baby or because he let me... actually...

Comment

I think we've discussed this before, but that actually works for me. It might be a regionalism. Around here, couples (and even close friends) use that word *all* the time and it's not really considered any big deal. Same thing with 'baby', though that's generally more 'intimate' than babe. So it doesn't bother me, but I know in other parts of the country and world it's sounds totally awful. I call my husband 'baby' all the time. Which is funny, cause he's got about 100 lbs on me, a super-deep voice, and is trained to kill people with his bare hands... See? Not diminutive at all.

Though I remember the first time I said it in front of the in laws. They did a double take and then told him to marry me. I'm not sure if that was because I dared to call him baby or because he let me... actually...
              You know in that way it sounds cute!

I just don't like the word; I don't know why, perhaps because I'm a foreigner and English isn't my first language or perhaps because of something else but it just sounds ...wrong... to me. Also I grew up in an environment where my mom and dad, from what I remember, never called each other "nicknames" they just say each other's names(although mom does uses dads "younger" name which nobody else does). No "honey" or "sweety" etc, we only use that in a mocking way(for example I call everyone "sweety" when I am being annoying) this is all translated from my own language though

Thus in a way, perhaps because of personal experience, I just don't like Sam and Jack calling each other "babe". I prefer "honey" but for me Sam or Jack works or the simple "sir" and "carter" work for me!

I'm weird like that!
              sigpic

Comment

My dad called me babe and Elijah calls me baby. I still have a hard time with Jack doing it to Sam though. I'm not sure why.

Comment

My dad called me babe and Elijah calls me baby. I still have a hard time with Jack doing it to Sam though. I'm not sure why.
                  lol. See? Regionalism. I actually have less trouble with her calling him it than the other way around. That's actually a personality thing, I think, as much as anything. I tend to think 'Carter' is her pet name . Except, possibly, in extraordinarily gentle moments.

Comment

Sorry for OT Jenn I now understand your comment on the beginning of "it's a wonderful life"

To make up for the OT

sigpic

Comment

lol. See? Regionalism. I actually have less trouble with her calling him it than the other way around. That's actually a personality thing, I think, as much as anything. I tend to think 'Carter' is her pet name . Except, possibly, in extraordinarily gentle moments.
                      Me too. It's funny because I think Jack started calling her that to create a little distance (buddies call each other by the last name, not lovers) and I think it transformed into a sweet nickname. Does that make sense?

Oh and now I'm working on a short angsty sad Christmas fic. Thanks Jenn I started it and it was just sitting there and then I read yours and I was re-infused with angstiness.

Comment

I forgot to get Jann's post, but I think it's interesting how regional nicknames seem to be. My husband calls me "babe" quite often, but I can't seem to call him that. If anything I call him "honey." But if Amy isn't a short enough name anyway, he has to shorten it to Aims. ???

I can't see Jack calling Sam "babe" either. He just doesn't seem the fluffy talk kind of guy. I do however see him continue to call her "Carter" well into years of marriage.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

The fic must be "The Best I Ever Had' by Noda. It's actually one of my favorites among older fics, even though there are plot holes of immense size in it, or I would say, implausibilities. But it and another of my older favorites "Future Imperfect" by Sally
                          Reeve share a similarity--Sam and Jack seeing each other again after a number of years and eventually realizing they still love each other.

Now back to my lurking.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                            The fic must be "The Best I Ever Had' by Noda. It's actually one of my favorites among older fics, even though there are plot holes of immense size in it, or I would say, implausibilities. But it and another of my older favorites "Future Imperfect" by Sally
                            Reeve share a similarity--Sam and Jack seeing each other again after a number of years and eventually realizing they still love each other.

Now back to my lurking.
                            Thanks for the info Don't be a stranger!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post

Now back to my lurking.
                              Yes; that was the name of the fic! Thanks for telling me it!

I liked both of them! I really like Sally's stories! They're really good IMHO!

sigpic

Comment

Yes; that was the name of the fic! Thanks for telling me it!

I liked both of them! I really like Sally's stories! They're really good IMHO!

Speaking of fanfic... when I'm going to be seeing the next installment of yours???

Comment

Working...
                                X