Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    Real geeks have IMDB on their bookmark bar. His filmography is rather interesting, really.
    I wonder why he only did one ep of SG? He does seem to do only the odd one or two eps in other series, rather than staying with them

Comment

*palms forehead* (which, where I work, is the non-ASL approved sign for "Dork" and, yes, I get called it very often )

I almost forgot. I posted the next chapter of Being There: Downgraded. If anyone's interested and didn't already know.

EDIT: This is why he's my hero: first he found me Miracle on 34th St (the newer one) and now he's found me It's a Wonderful Life. *hugs hubs* And yes, I'm easy to please.

EDIT 2: No, it's not a special effect. It's a piece of black cardboard with holes punched out and lights behind it... Wonder if it won the Oscar for that one? (it might have, you know..)

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        Daniel: Hmmm...I like him but sometimes he can be a bit annoying and he interrupts S/J; Not good!

Teal'c VS Jacob as first shipper. IMHO it has always been Teal'c; he was there way more often than Jacob was and thus saw everything develop from the first moment. The thing is though I think T only discovered, IMHO, the ship later on...perhaps because he was such good friends with Jack and Sam he didn't think of it. Jacob on the other hand was introduced and you immediately saw the wheels turning in his head....I think Jacob noticed it from the first moment that he and Jack met.
        Still Teal'c is the first shipper because he was earlier with "comforting" Sam or Jack when one or the other was missing again. For me Jacob's first attempt to say that Sam should go for Jack was in Sam's imagination in Grace(perhaps there have been a few small moments before that but I can't think of them right now). I think the real moment that Jacob *really* says sam should choose for Jack is when he's dying in Threads. Teal'c already *really* said it in Grace(telling Jack that Sam was also reacting badly when Jack went missing in PL)
        For the record, when I say I prefer Daniel in a cage, I was teasing.

Mostly.

Sort of.

Okay, maybe notsomuch. But only because he is a *fictional* character, because those are the only ones I let myself vent those Dark Side inclinations upon.

I was up very, verrrry, verrrrrrrrrrryyyyyy late, and awake again way too doggone early. I'm kinda punch drunk till the caffeine kicks in.

Now, back to Dad versus Teal'c, Round... Um... .

Yes, I had to research for this one. Haven't seen these in a while and the DVD's are too far way. I mean, really. All the way on the other side of the room. That's like... nine feet... er...108 inches... umm... 2743.2 millimeters! That's a lot! Much easier to point and click. Let your fingers do the walking.

So, digging through transcripts and skimming thru them at warp two
        with bleary eyes (so not ready for warp factor nine) is almost as strange an experience as zipping through my extremely unorganized Stargate pics folder in my Corel browser at high speed--that's more like warp factor 21, which as we all know is impossible according to the laws of physics. As we know them.

Okay to the Shippy point already.

So the first time Dad comes back after being Tok'ra'd, in Show and Tell, Jack greets him by his given name, which doesn't phase the *senior officer* in the slightest. The next assignment that brings Dad and Jack in close proximity is during Seth. At about half-way through, after Sam has assured Jack that their plan will work, "if *Dad's* right" for the umpteenth time, Jack turns to Jacob and queries, "Dad?" Jacob, nonplussed, reconfirms his plan.

That's when Dad officially joins the Shipper ranks in my book. Though yes, he couldn't not see the potential the way they were flirting and the sparks were flying back in Secrets. I was quite amused that the first time Jacob sees Jack, her *superior officer*, Jack calls Sam by her given name. And follows that up with "Sam's Dad" upon being formally introduced to Jacob.

Oooh, there's another visual study possibility, but... I might have to add the audio... for those rare times they use each other's given names...

Love and hot fudge,
        Bren Ren
        ~
        My stories!
        ~

sigpic

Comment

Yes. APA and I refer to it as the "Peter DeLuise Syndrome." It's fairly common if the Sanctuary podcasts are any indication...

And thank goodness that chapter's with my beta. Though I could have saved money on the alcohol at Christmas.
          I never heard of that syndrome before, but now thining of it, it is quite correct!

Real geeks have IMDB on their bookmark bar. His filmography is rather interesting, really.
          and I so hoped I wasn't a geek

Also Jenn, I don't know how, but you lost me with your last post...

what special effects?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by TrueRomantic
            Ahh...That explains it. I know what you mean. When something in RL really upsets me, I tend to act een happier than usual and pretend things are bette than nor,al. And it usually fools all but the people closest to me. I do get like that reading fics, but since I don't often read angst, it's rare, lol.

Yes. APA and I refer to it as the "Peter DeLuise Syndrome." It's fairly common if the Sanctuary podcasts are any indication...

Well. That cost me a fresh cup of tea. Thank you. And be sure to pass that sentiment on to APA.
            Love and hot fudge,
            Bren Ren
            ~
            My stories!
            ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
              That's when Dad officially joins the Shipper ranks in my book. Though yes, he couldn't not see the potential the way they were flirting and the sparks were flying back in Secrets. I was quite amused that the first time Jacob sees Jack, her *superior officer*, Jack calls Sam by her given name. And follows that up with "Sam's Dad" upon being formally introduced to Jacob.
              tbh, I was sort of joking about Jacob being first. I agree, and think Teal'c was actually aware of the ship before Sam and Jack... I think he figured out something was up back in Serpant's Lair when Sam bit Jack's hand and Jack later tells her to bite the hand of anyone who comes into their prison. Teal'c does this slightly surprised double-take. Yeah... right... there it is That's why by ITLoD he knows when he enters that locker room why it's so hard for Jack. It's not just his friend, but his *friend*

Seth, btw, has got some of my favorite single moments of any episode. When the ATF guy questions why Jack is being so insubordinate and Jacob answers, "so I don't have to".. That still cracks me up. Which is partly why, too, my personal theory is that, after Threads, some of the "Jackisms" Sam exhibits which are often supposed to be a result of close association with Jack may actually be "Jacobisms" resulting in Sam feeling free to express her own personality more than she once did. Which, of course, is related to her being with Jack still even if not directly correlated And of course, the fact Jacob and Jack got along so well (whatever they'd *admit*) is, I think, partially because that part of their personalities - their senses of humor - just like Jack's with Sam, are compatible. Which is another reason I love the two of them at the beginning of Continuum. I'd often seen Jacob and Jack interact and wondered if, placed on an equal and stable footing, Sam and Jack's conversational flows might not be a lot like that.

Turns out, they are.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              Also Jenn, I don't know how, but you lost me with your last post...

what special effects?
              Beginning of It's a Wonderful Life

Comment

Oh I'm a real geek. I even have the virtual bumper sticker to prove it:

In fact, I was just there reviewing Carmen's appearances on SG1 and was slightly amused in a horrified way to see he'd done a recent daytime stint on a soap opera. But he was playing a lawyer, so... still something of a snakehead. And a District Attorney, so still being a snakehead in a good way. I can appreciate that. Carmen rocks! /fangurling. Yeah. I fangurl Dad. How odd is that?
                Love and hot fudge,
                Bren Ren
                ~
                My stories!
                ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  *Popping in with a present.*

It's done! It's done! The USS Hammond (gingergate version) is done!

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...1/IMG_0033.jpg

For more pictures and a little thing on how it was done, see my blog. (Link is in sig below).

Yay!
                  Slightly late to the party, but OMG Pol, that is AMAZING!!!
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

In fact, I was just there reviewing Carmen's appearances on SG1 and was slightly amused in a horrified way to see he'd done a recent daytime stint on a soap opera. But he was playing a lawyer, so... still something of a snakehead. And a District Attorney, so still being a snakehead in a good way. I can appreciate that. Carmen rocks! /fangurling. Yeah. I fangurl Dad. How odd is that?
                    There's nothing odd about that, he's seriously thunkable Carmen's a nice guy

Comment

Uhmmm.. People don't?

I had a really hard time when he was on House. I watched the episodes, but the scenes between him and Hugh Laurie... I still have no real clear idea what any of them were about... I know what the characters were feeling, I just couldn't be bothered to try to pay attention to *why*.

My next fic project is probably going to be a Jacob PoV during S7/8. It's been knocking abou tin my fron for the better part of a year and I figure it's about time

Comment

*giggle*

Nice?

Uhm.. sorry. You forced me to channel Threads.

Can you tell I'm stalling on folding laundry? Oh.. wait... I haven't read Bren's next chapter yet...

Comment

tbh, I was sort of joking about Jacob being first. I agree, and think Teal'c was actually aware of the ship before Sam and Jack... I think he figured out something was up back in Serpant's Lair when Sam bit Jack's hand and Jack later tells her to bite the hand of anyone who comes into their prison. Teal'c does this slightly surprised double-take. Yeah... right... there it is That's why by ITLoD he knows when he enters that locker room why it's so hard for Jack. It's not just his friend, but his *friend*

Seth, btw, has got some of my favorite single moments of any episode. When the ATF guy questions why Jack is being so insubordinate and Jacob answers, "so I don't have to".. That still cracks me up. Which is partly why, too, my personal theory is that, after Threads, some of the "Jackisms" Sam exhibits which are often supposed to be a result of close association with Jack may actually be "Jacobisms" resulting in Sam feeling free to express her own personality more than she once did. Which, of course, is related to her being with Jack still even if not directly correlated And of course, the fact Jacob and Jack got along so well (whatever they'd *admit*) is, I think, partially because that part of their personalities - their senses of humor - just like Jack's with Sam, are compatible. Which is another reason I love the two of them at the beginning of Continuum. I'd often seen Jacob and Jack interact and wondered if, placed on an equal and stable footing, Sam and Jack's conversational flows might not be a lot like that.

Turns out, they are.
                          You know, now that you mention it, my light(in my head) goes on again, but often I forget that Teal'c was there during ItLoD and Serpent's Liar.

Seth is a great episode yes! Not only for the whole Sam/Jacob stuff; he's finally going to Mark again, but also to see how Jack/Jacob work together. It's all very friendly and I just can't imagine that Jacob doesn't come more often there(aka Jacob must be at the SGC every once in a while and more often than we see on TV)

As for the Continuum scene; pure love! Such a couply thing they were doing there!

Beginning of It's a Wonderful Life
                          Ah...I have that one ready to watch...but...gotta do some other stuff first

*giggle*

Nice?

Uhm.. sorry. You forced me to channel Threads.

Can you tell I'm stalling on folding laundry? Oh.. wait... I haven't read Bren's next chapter yet...
                          Lol and I just did the folding laundry...now "doing" the ironing...yuck...at least all other stuff is done...perhaps I can get my brother so far to do the vacuuming
                          sigpic

Comment

Huh. Real life Stargate moments this week:

We went to see Avatar yesterday and were in line behind a strikingly pretty, incredibly slim and tall blonde girl, who I'd guess to be about 16. My first thought was, "Wow, a young Sam Carter." Note that my first thought was NOT, "Wow, a young Amanda Tapping." *Pol shakes head.* Fiction, Pol. The show is fiction.

And, I think Mark Carter is visiting his wife's family for Christmas. I was driving back from the U this afternoon and a guy named "Mark Carter" called into the local radio station to win tickets to something. He and "the family" were driving to Azusa, which is north of San Diego and east of LA.

So...the shippy part of this post. I'm pretty sure the fact that Mark was driving up today means that they have to stop at LAX to pick up Sam and Jack, who are flying in to LA today for Christmas.

Oh, the fanficciness of that last statement. The places we could go...

Nope.

Instead I'm going to reread Blame it on the Tinsel. Again. I've been saving it for today and tomorrow. Yummy!

And, wildy OT, but I'm SOOO proud!
                            Spoiler:
                            I never, ever pimp anything on these boards, but...I *know* this young girl. She's one of my best friend's kids and she's on the TODAY Show...today!!! Tinashe (pronounced Tin-ah-shay, the best looking girl, standing in the middle of the group!!!) was on the Today Show this morning singing their song. I'm so proud I could pop!!

And, if you go here you can get a free copy of the song and donate money to the USO.
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              im hoping that in SG-3 O'Neill Finally Retires cause he deserves it. then as his first "official" act as a retiree we see him give carter a BHK.
                              Alas. Not likely, I'm afraid, as the 3rd movie is set *before* SGU.....

Oh...um...Hi Everyone...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                                Alas. Not likely, I'm afraid, as the 3rd movie is set *before* SGU.....

Oh...um...Hi Everyone...
                                *blink* *blink*

/poke

Yup.

She's real.

Comment

Working...
                                X