Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with AngstJenn? But I'm glad you got all guttery. It made me smile and laugh, lol.
    See, the thing ya gotta know about me is, the more serious and angsty the fanfic I'm in the middle of, the more goofy, guttery, and fluffy I get everywhere else. It's some sort of weird emotional/mental balance thing. You should have seen me when I was writing Pandora, my Sanctuary fic. I was *insanely* off-the-wall
    Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    One has to wonder just what the heck Jack was thinking of by getting so totally into Sam's personal space in that bit, given he'd been distancing himself from her personally in recent episodes. That seems way beyond a little curiosity about what Sam and Daniel were attempting to do with that bomb. Good thing Jacob was occupied with other stuff right about then.
    Serpant's Venom was actually before Entity, during the period in which, IMHO, Sam and Jack were actually starting to really push the bounds of professionalism, leading up to being obvious enough by Entity that the Entity was able to figure out there was something there and target Sam. So I think it makes sense for that scene to be in that episode.

And anyway, Dad was probably a shipper long before Teal'c was

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      Serpant's Venom was actually before Entity, during the period in which, IMHO, Sam and Jack were actually starting to really push the bounds of professionalism, leading up to being obvious enough by Entity that the Entity was able to figure out there was something there and target Sam. So I think it makes sense for that scene to be in that episode.

And anyway, Dad was probably a shipper long before Teal'c was
      Far more sense than if they'd had such a scene in, say, Exodus.

As for Dad versus Teal'c...

Teal'c has had the title of First Shipper since In the Line of Duty at the very latest. Dad didn't even meet Jack until the Tok'ra two-parter. So I think Teal'c wins.
      Love and hot fudge,
      Bren Ren
      ~
      My stories!
      ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
        Far more sense than if they'd had such a scene in, say, Exodus.

As for Dad versus Teal'c...

Teal'c has had the title of First Shipper since In the Line of Duty at the very latest. Dad didn't even meet Jack until the Tok'ra two-parter. So I think Teal'c wins.
        *cough*Secrets*cough*

But yes, still after ITLoD.

Comment

wasnt that a martin wood episode secrets?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            wasnt that a martin wood episode secrets?
            Nope, Duane Clark directed it.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              lol. I actually think there is a very real and valid connection between Sam's hair length and her relationship with Jack (though, it's actually about Sam's relationship with *herself*). <snip>

Here. and here and it goes back in time sort of like that until the very first time I almost jokingly began my The Longer Sam's Hair is The Closer she is to Jack Theory way... back... Here. Though of course, it's expanded and grown far more complex since then

It's nice to know I'm not alone in ascribing to that theory (cause, you know, a lot of folks think Jennifer is nuts. And some of them even because of that theory )
              You know as soon as Bren posted the pics of the hair, my immediate thought was you.

And, yes, I agree. I do think her hair has a direct relationship with how she views the rules and therefore how she views her ability to have a relationship with Jack or not.
              sigpic
              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                sam and jack's first christmas together, as a couple; what did they get each other?

sam and jack's first christmas together, as husband and wife; what did they get each other?
                I like to think their first Christmas together as a couple was their first Christmas together as husband and wife...and as for my answer:

The Perfect Gift

It's one of my old fics.
                sigpic
                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                  I like to think their first Christmas together as a couple was their first Christmas together as husband and wife...and as for my answer:

The Perfect Gift

It's one of my old fics.
                  that's a good story. Poor Jack all worked up about what to buy carter for christmas. i think the best gift they ever got each other.... Well Was Each Other.
                  Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 23 December 2009, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Long time no see you all. Too much was going on in my life I guess. Things are finally getting back to it's place now...

So, as a small 'I'm sorry I missed Shipmass'-present I just uploaded a new fanfic.

It's called The Biggest Bet.

Hope you all like it!!!
                    My fanfic link (adult content!)

Always...

Comment

and once again the quotes are lost in the internet

Pol loved your version of the Hammond. Wow; it is spectaculair!

Daniel: Hmmm...I like him but sometimes he can be a bit annoying and he interrupts S/J; Not good!

Teal'c VS Jacob as first shipper. IMHO it has always been Teal'c; he was there way more often than Jacob was and thus saw everything develop from the first moment. The thing is though I think T only discovered, IMHO, the ship later on...perhaps because he was such good friends with Jack and Sam he didn't think of it. Jacob on the other hand was introduced and you immediately saw the wheels turning in his head....I think Jacob noticed it from the first moment that he and Jack met.
                      Still Teal'c is the first shipper because he was earlier with "comforting" Sam or Jack when one or the other was missing again. For me Jacob's first attempt to say that Sam should go for Jack was in Sam's imagination in Grace(perhaps there have been a few small moments before that but I can't think of them right now). I think the real moment that Jacob *really* says sam should choose for Jack is when he's dying in Threads. Teal'c already *really* said it in Grace(telling Jack that Sam was also reacting badly when Jack went missing in PL)
                      sigpic

Comment

OT here but do u think sam gets sad this time of year i mean this will be the fourth christmas in a row with her dad and she probably doesn't see her brother mark and his family? i mean who else does she have in her immediate family Jack? Cassie?

Comment

that's a good story. Poor Jack all worked up about what to buy carter for christmas. i think the best gift they ever got each other.... Well Was Each Other.

I agree!!!!

sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

GW was offline! Now back again

sigpic

Comment

damn GW

Comment

OT here but do u think sam gets sad this time of year i mean this will be the fourth christmas in a row with her dad and she probably doesn't see her brother mark and his family? i mean who else does she have in her immediate family Jack? Cassie?
                                Yes, Jack and Cassie. And Matthew (Okay, that's Jenn-verse). But, in all seriousness, I suspect she's only recently really started enjoying Christmas again, and probably - as her schedule allows - even does get together with Mark and his wife and kids over the holidays, too. I have a feeling she probably spent a lot of lonely holidays - or less than joyful ones with a distant father - until the last few years.

Hears an oldie of mine, since I haven't linked it yet (this Christmas): Merry Christmas, Sam.

Comment

Working...
                                X