Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    LOL - thanks!! I did convince my dad to lend me the dvds :: huggles ::

Who knew my dad could inspire so many though?

Yay for DVDs!

Good inspiring!

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    New video I made for Secret Santa on LiveJournal. The community is called sj_everyday!! It was fun!!

Song :
    Ho, ho, ho
    Song by: Alvin and the chipmunks
    Warning: please don't take this to serious! I just made it for fun and because it's appropriate with the season.
    The sound and effects are for some reaon not that great anymore since I uploaded it but it still more then okay.
    Video is made with Vegas Pro, I just recently got it so I am still figuring things out.
    WATCH IT IN HD, IT HAS BETTER QUALITY.
    Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkSa--vYNvw

Comments are love because this vid took a lot of work to do
    Niiiice! Saw it this morning; it's good! I love the effects

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
    You mean this?
    http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...3df72210.L.jpg
    It's quite a cool set My mom got it for her bday and needless to say, it's how I got hooked on it
    That one looks cool...you know...now I just have to post mine

Spoiler:
    The upper row is SG(Movie/SG-1/movies etc)

And I know S7 is missing..I was watching it atm of the picture

*remembers*
    I saved them all myself with my pocket money (at the time)

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
    <snip>

Hi to Gutter Girl Starlover

<snip>
    *waves back*

Moi? Gutter? Nah...I'm innocent.

Oh I love the hair talk! *happy sigh* The longer the hair the more real the relationship is! *inner squee*

They're just SOOOO Married now!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      I've always had the impression that most of the actors on SG have always been on good terms with TPTB. That's partly what makes SG so unique. Most of them will tell you that there's always been a true 'family' feel behind the scenes.

I've never actually heard that story about RDA and RCC before *shrugs*
      RDA doesn't mention Cooper by name, but he did say the "Scandinavian Relationship" quote as part of an answer at the 'Avalon' convention in 2006. You can find the question and answer here.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
        This comic is HYSTERICAL. I want more of these... LOL

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        Moi? Gutter? Nah...I'm innocent.
        Excuse me while I fall over laughing. We know the truth around here

Comment

What about scenes where Sam is staring at Jack's hair. Maybe all those times we thought she was looking at his ear it was really his hair...
          Oooh, the sneaking-a-peak/checking-each-other-out study! I like that idea!

Then, of course, that brings to mind that Gratuitous Touching Moments study.

Dang it, I thought I was done with studies when I finally got that silly little piece of paper that says I really do know what I know (I think they're called digress... er, degrees... or something like that! )!

Not that I really mind this kind of *homework*! LOL

{On the other hand, all these crime dramas that now have me researching things like *science* and *mathematics theories* are starting to drive me a little bit bonkers. Yeah, I know. Short trip.}

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          so bren when will you post your fic?

How about now?

Surface Exposed in the Holiday Light
          Part One
          Part Two
          Love and hot fudge,
          Bren Ren
          ~
          My stories!
          ~

sigpic

Comment

Excuse me while I fall over laughing. We know the truth around here
            *looks around* what truth? Of me being innocent....oh ok

Don't laugh too hard ...you could hurt yourself while doing it!

See...fluffy angst...no gutter in sight... the sweating is purely innocent and not from any non-fluffy activities
            sigpic

Comment

why is your SG dvd's silver starlover?

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                Bren, I was thinking that you could do a visual study also for Jack's hair!

I think his hair colour has more to do with how many times he gets whumped than how badly he's pining / in love with Sam.

That or age.

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                Hi Ship Family.

RL hasn't allowed me to play much here but I still lurk from time to time. Got a lovely present from my now not so Secret Santa Valerie Jackson.

Happy Birthday Cags

Did I mention that I missed you guys.

*Really.*

I did.

Thank you. I missed you too. Try not to be a stranger.

Today's Advent calender Artwork is brought to you by

luvnjack

For more information about the origins of the Advent, on which this calender is based, go to this site .

sigpic

Comment

*nods*

She also directed an ep on SG-1 and one on Sanctuary
                  Slightly OT, but she is an absolutely amazing director. Several times during Veritas I had, "Wow, what a terrific shot" moments and only then realized, "OMG, that's AT doing that!"

EDIT: Uhm.. Yeah. I do have "Wow, what a terrific shot" moments while watching shows for the first time. Don't you

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    why is your SG dvd's silver starlover?
                    Because I live in a part of region two where our boxes are silver...otherwise I have no idea! I just know I love them like that *huggles her DVD boxes*

sigpic

Comment

*Popping in with a present.*

It's done! It's done! The USS Hammond (gingergate version) is done!

For more pictures and a little thing on how it was done, see my blog. (Link is in sig below).

Yay!
                      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                        Morning campers. Is it time for a healthy breakfast?

So... I had to do some research for my Christmas Angst fic regarding Sam's hair, and I thought I'd share some visual comparative studies on the subject that I came across in the process.
                        lol. I actually think there is a very real and valid connection between Sam's hair length and her relationship with Jack (though, it's actually about Sam's relationship with *herself*). Once, during S9, I joked about how Sam's hair was starting to get longer (again) which indicated she was with Jack. That was even before the movies and Atlantis when she's pretty much given up on it.

I've said it before, but I like saying it : What's fabulous about this is, in PoV and TbftGoG Sam's hair is long, and she gives "The Air Force" as the reason she's got short hair in PoV (not, you realize, that she likes it short.. but that she *has* to have it short). Of course, she *could* have it long and be in the Air Force, but I'm convinced Sam's hair short is yet another symptom of her strict adherence to the rules beyond even the letter of them, and her attempt to live up to Daddy's (and the Air Force's by proxy) idea of the 'perfect officer'. Which, among other things, seems to her to mean denying her own femininity and that entire aspect of herself which makes her *her* beyond the officer and scientist. So, the closer she gets to Jack - the closer to the crossing that line and giving in to that part of herself she's been repressing - the longer and less controlled her hair gets. And so we see it at it's absolute most trimmed, btw, in S5/6.

IOW, I think Sam's hair length really is a representation of how she feels about *herself* - the more open and accepting of herself she is, the longer she tends to let her hair grow before snapping it back into that of the 'perfect officer'. Until, of course, *now* when she doesn't really give a crap and is gonna do whomever the heck she wants.

Uhm.. I mean whatever.

Who am I kidding. No I don't

A small (and to me amusing) sample of Jennifer's posts on Sam's hair:

Here. and here and it goes back in time sort of like that until the very first time I almost jokingly began my The Longer Sam's Hair is The Closer she is to Jack Theory way... back... Here. Though of course, it's expanded and grown far more complex since then

It's nice to know I'm not alone in ascribing to that theory (cause, you know, a lot of folks think Jennifer is nuts. And some of them even because of that theory )

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          Slightly OT, but she is an absolutely amazing director. Several times during Veritas I had, "Wow, what a terrific shot" moments and only then realized, "OMG, that's AT doing that!"

EDIT: Uhm.. Yeah. I do have "Wow, what a terrific shot" moments while watching shows for the first time. Don't you
                          Umm...

*glanced at sig*

Nooo. What makes you think that?

AT is indeed a great director too. She learnt from thee best.

*tosses broccoli*

Well if Jumble is too busy with teenage space vampires cough http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192669/ cough to come spread the Martinmas cheer, I guess it's up to the rest of us.

Hmm...

Spoiler:

Maybe this is really the plot for movie #3

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                          *Popping in with a present.*

It's done! It's done! The USS Hammond (gingergate version) is done!

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...1/IMG_0033.jpg

For more pictures and a little thing on how it was done, see my blog. (Link is in sig below).

Yay!
                          OMG, that is so AWESOME! I thought the houses and the ring and the little Sam and Jack and Hammond and Siler figures were just fab but that is something else.
                          Pol, I need to come out and have Gingerbread lessons from you.

Oh and, uh...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                            RDA doesn't mention Cooper by name, but he did say the "Scandinavian Relationship" quote as part of an answer at the 'Avalon' convention in 2006. You can find the question and answer here.
                            Thanks for that Bev, although it should be noted that he said "Producers"

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            Umm...

*glanced at sig*

Nooo. What makes you think that?

AT is indeed a great director too. She learnt from the best.
                            I came in to say exactly that

*tosses broccoli*

Well if Jumble is too busy with teenage space vampires cough http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192669/ cough to come spread the Martinmas cheer, I guess it's up to the rest of us.

Hmm...

Spoiler:

Maybe this is really the plot for movie #3

Haven't managed to watch it yet, I've been caught up with other things

Comment

I came in to say exactly that
                              And I knew that.. but was counting the minutes till someone else mentioned it

Comment

Haven't managed to watch it yet, I've been caught up with other things
                                Oh dear!

*huggles Jumble*

Wait? Am I in the right thread? Ack it's Christmas, who cares.

*ahem*

And just to actually be slightly on topic.

Regarding the hair thing. I don't think it's something that would have occured to me until it was pointed out but, yes, yes, I have very much see corerelation between length and emotional wellbeing/happiness. It's not necessarily a Jack thing but a personal thing. because I do think she needed to go through a process (hence Pete) before she could be in that place where she was ready to be with Jack.
                                I'd write more on it but I am cruising at about 36,000 feet ona sugar rush right now (thanks to Scotch tablet and banana cake baking) so probably not making much sense.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X