Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    The drinking is why I like them. Have you seen by FB photo gallery?

And we Woohoos can always understand what's being said. So long as the words "Martin", "huggle" and "Awesome" appear once in every few posts... we're even occasionally allowed to thunk RDA over there. Only on Wednesdays, mind you.
    Duuude...

RDA *was* TPTB.

Actually, AT is *now*

So..

Uhm...

Yeah. Everyone's fair game.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      Exactly. That's why some of us who are older and more jaded and cynical than you were quite literally knocked off our feet by Threads... I grew up on inherited Irish Mansions and Clone Eating Frogs and Random Gun Shots on the street...

The problem is, essentially, it's generally believed a TV ship can't 'come in to port' while the show is still running. They're a bit of a negative premise (the classic being, of course, Gilligan's Island - they were NEVER getting off). So the trick is to indicate 'change' in a ship without ever letting the ship actually get anywhere near it's destination. Or, if it does, blowing up the port or sinking the ship so they have to find a new one or having them attacked by pirates or...

Anyway.

You get the idea.
      Is it bad I know some of the ships you're talking about...*sigh* I love old TV shows! (even when I notice in the end how the ships are..."resolved" if ever...)

You are right with the keeping the angst in it at all costs. It's just too darn frustrating and it doesn't work. I like it when a ship is resolved, believe me there are still enough angsty and bad scenarios for them when they are together....

but I do get the idea...

I am just glad that S/J was handled this way. Although when I just started with this ship I wanted more obvious, but now I'm like. It's obvious enough and it looks real. In RL you also aren't talking ALL the time about your husband/BF etc.

Though, tbh, after awhile, the entertainment value in TV ships becomes not the actual events of the show and the characters but the saga of How TPTB Will Keep Them apart. Sometimes, that's more entertaining than anything else (you should hear Jennifer watch Grey's Anatomy and Bones *snark*) My all time personal favorite, though, was Charmed in which they blatantly admitted it was because it was against the rules of TPTB. That one still makes me giggle.
      Jann watches GA and Charmed to. Charmed was too funny...but it was solved and then they screwed it up after S5.
      as for GA...it's my guilty pleasure because I love gutter!
      sigpic

Comment

I'd have posted it over there, too, only I know the amount of alcohol they've been consuming and I'm not sure they could read it let alone understand it... Those gals know how to party.
        *is smoking broccoli and drinking wine*

*looks at all the empty bottles*

Party...we love to party...and this was only day one. ..

*jumps up and down on couch*

*looks around*

Darn wrong thread.

Duuude...

RDA *was* TPTB.

Actually, AT is *now*

So..

Uhm...

Yeah. Everyone's fair game.
        Don't tell Jumble that...we tease her about RDA...and never thought about AT...ohhh...wait...*eyes start to twinkle evilly*

ROFL Cags, quote got lost in the ...internet...but those words are so true! *huggles da MW thread*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          as for GA...it's my guilty pleasure because I love gutter!
          Mine too.. Oh.. did I say that?

Comment

Mine too.. Oh.. did I say that?
            ...but but but but but...

You're like...angst...no...what?

Awesome. Just Awesome.

Oh btw OT(but SG related)...went to the movie Avatar earlier tonight:
            Spoiler:
            The "wormhole" connection thingie you see everytime he person is linked with the avatar...looked exactly like the SG wormhole with other color

Loved the movie overall though. It was superb! Really. Really. Good.
            sigpic

Comment

Jann - everyone knows that angst makes gutter SO much more satisfying

Comment

so i finally came up with a title for My AU Script Story. It's Titled "No Hope" i remember when they were coming up for titles for Season 10 on IMDB they had this title and it was going to feature General O'Neill Apparently. So I just thought it would make a good title.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                  lol. I don't just like GA for the gutter,though. It's like bubble gum. Disengage the brain for a bit and just sort of coast on neutral without ever having to have my mind or emotions actually engaged beyond the merely superficial.

Wow.

Way to rain on the parade, Jenn...

Um.

I like it cause when I watch it I don't have to think and can just go, "Aww..."
                  without becoming emotionally invested

Comment

*mutters* you and your unhealthy love for angst...

So...when do I get to read a new PB? *pats foot impatiently*
                    sigpic

Comment

Only 9,950 to go before we break THIS thread!!!!!

WOOOT

Let's break it with S/J AWESOMENESS
                      WOOHOO!!!!!!

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                      Did I hear my name and pot-stirring in the same sentence?

*resists urge to pete-spam the thread*

It really has been too long! Do you know, there are shippers here that don't know how annoying I am? That saddens me greatly! I might have to stage another coup...(hehe, I accidentally wrote that as soup...staging soup wouldnt be too bad...it could be potato-spam soup...ha!)

watch yourselves, shippers...I'm souping!
                      as long as the soup contains lots and lots of potatoes I'm game.....

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      Nah, she just likes being really annoying

*runz from Bekki*
                      indeed....

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                      I've been meaning to finish this for some time now. Click the cookie to go to my PB album and see the description of it. Everyone's welcome to snurch any of them to share at will.

Here's one batch of Nana's Shipper Cookies. Plenty for everyone!

<lazy snip>
                      mmmm.....cookies.....

Comment

lol. I don't just like GA for the gutter,though. It's like bubble gum. Disengage the brain for a bit and just sort of coast on neutral without ever having to have my mind or emotions actually engaged beyond the merely superficial.

Wow.

Way to rain on the parade, Jenn...

Um.

I like it cause when I watch it I don't have to think and can just go, "Aww..."
                        without becoming emotionally invested
                        *blinks*...I'm so the opposite there. I'm a big Derek/Meredith shipper...

but erm...it's disengaging for the brain I do have to admit that. Something nice without thinking too much...

Oh and my moms reaction when I'm watching it and she comes in it's either
                        "They're doing it again?" or "You know there is always someone dying in that show"

Back to S/J; I am glad the ship is worked out as it is so far...I do hope for something more obvious in movie three...but in a way...not too obvious.

I would love to just see the team together(like in S10 at the cabin), but watching a movie or so...and Sam comes in late(talking about the Hammond) gives Jack a quick hi kiss and they go further like it's normal...and then all hell breaks loose(sp?)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

I would love to just see the team together(like in S10 at the cabin), but watching a movie or so...and Sam comes in late(talking about the Hammond) gives Jack a quick hi kiss and they go further like it's normal...and then all hell breaks loose(sp?)
                          is the all heck breaks loose *us* freaking out , or sam and jack running back to each other and snogging each other's brains out?
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            is the all heck breaks loose *us* freaking out , or sam and jack running back to each other and snogging each other's brains out?

Comment

I'd like to think both
                              sigpic
                              thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Yes well...

Actually neither...just the rest of the movie. Some good old action, SG-1 etc. And angst. Lots of angst.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X