No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone interested, I've posted the next installment of my Being There series: Crystalline. Which is pretty cool timing as I sent it to my beta this morning and it just happens to be the new episode on the discussion thread today . As I think I've mentioned before, this is a series but each installment reads complete.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Jack luvs Sam. Just look at him watching her:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...-4x20-2234.jpg
      And because I live for angst: Those are the kinds of looks that can will get Sam killed.

Comment

I've been meaning to finish this for some time now. Click the cookie to go to my PB album and see the description of it. Everyone's welcome to snurch any of them to share at will.

Here's one batch of Nana's Shipper Cookies. Plenty for everyone!

Last edited by UhSir; 21 December 2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

And another batch...

Comment

those cookies make me wanna have a cookie.

Comment

OT SGU

Spoiler:
              apparently the SGU Christmas Marathon has been cancelled.

Comment

Uhsir I'm liking all those cookies! It has been a long time since I've seen them! *munches a few*

As for Threads and the characters behaving like human beings. I liked that...and we don't see that often in TV shows where there are a lot relationships. Especially now I'm older I'm noticing it more and more that the TV-shows are always trying to find ways to make the ships more complicated which makes the characters in the end inhuman. I liked it how Threads was acted out because for once, they didn't went to far but let the people be people.
                You can't keep blaming someone for dating someone else? Why? It's a natural thing in life...etc etc...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                  Me neither, nor do I see him as being particularly ship-unfriendly, even if not as overtly pro-ship as some of the others. I can imagine RCC being upset RDA left, though. RCC wrote or cowrote most of the heavy Jack-centric or Jack-back-story stories (Lost City, The Fifth Race, Fair Game, The Devil You Know, Paradise Lost, Zero Hour, Threads) which includes several of better S/J storylines. He also wrote or cowrote 'ship classics' like In the Line of Duty, Nemesis/Small Victories, Frozen, and Heroes. It was RCC who inserted the scene about Sam following the rules into Gemini, the scene about social pressure to form relationships into Affinity, and the 'not exactly' scene into EDM. So either he was relatively 'ship friendly' or he had a LOT less god-like power than is normally ascribed to him. He can't be both ship-unfriendly and god-like with that writing history. Like I said, I can see him being upset as he'd invested a lot in the Jack character... but as for the other accusations*shrugs* Whatever the case, I don't see it *onscreen*, which is IMHO the only place it really matters.

In fact, RCC wrote or cowrote just about every single one of my favorite episodes, so I may be a bit biased here. (he also wrote Singularity and Redemptions) So while some may feel he destroyed the show, IMHO, he's largely responsible for it's greatness. But what do I know.

(and yes, I'll play if it means I can fangurl a writer )
                  I agree with you Jenn, Cooper is a closet shipper. It was after RDA left that RC feeling towards RDA turned. Gary Jones does a great skit of RC begging RDA to stay on the show.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                    You know I don't think I've posted this here yet

that's beautiful.

and i'm keeping it IMGed, to make a point on something...

not only have the two of them aged great, but look at the placement in the second pic of where the two of them are. in the first, you can see who's the star, but in the second... and here's my amanda fangirling taking off, but *amanda* is the lead in that second pic. so i'm not only enjoying the shippy nature of the pic, i'm enjoying amanda's *power* in the pic.

~amanda!~
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                      Well, it's all a matter of interpretation.

<snip>

And not to start the Teal'c discussion again - but whether Sam had Teal'c as a friend or something more, that is also a matter of interpretation.
                      Well yes. And not to raise the whole Sam/Teal'c thing again but it's worth remembering the whole deal only came about because of a throwaway comment in the commentary about the way the actors (AT and CJ) chose to play with that scene. None of which was the intent or written or even done for any other reason that because here were a bunch of people who'd worked together 10 years, filming some of (possibly) their last scenes together - or last regular scenes for a long time at least and they wanted to have a bit of fun.
                      If AT hadn't said what she said in the commentary none of us would even think twice about Sam and Teal'c's relationship in Unending.

It's just a huge massive fat So what? in the whole scheme of things.

I don't really see much point discussing it myself but then, if others want to speculate, sure, go ahead, knock yourselves out. Sam loves Jack and Jack loves Sam and what happened in Undending was pretty much AU anyway so it doesn't stop me from being in that nice happy place where Jack and Sam are so together and spending evey available moment up at Jack's cabin fishing and, er... fishing

And it all else fails... it's just a TV series.

Spoiler:

And maybe because I come to the Sam/Jack ship from the exact same place Bren has with the X Files ship and I know how frustrated shippers can be left, and how unship friendly PTB can be to shipping, and how badly they can screw it up if allowed... that I find myself unable to see the Sam/Jack ship as anything other than absolutely brilliantly executed. Because, for me, bar a few minor glitches, it was.

I'd still like more though, in that next movie. Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Jack luvs Sam. Just look at him watching her:

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...-4x20-2234.jpg
                      And just look at The First Shipper watching them both. Knowing.

Me neither, nor do I see him as being particularly ship-unfriendly, even if not as overtly pro-ship as some of the others. I can imagine RCC being upset RDA left, though. RCC wrote or cowrote most of the heavy Jack-centric or Jack-back-story stories (Lost City, The Fifth Race, Fair Game, The Devil You Know, Paradise Lost, Zero Hour, Threads) which includes several of better S/J storylines. He also wrote or cowrote 'ship classics' like In the Line of Duty, Nemesis/Small Victories, Frozen, and Heroes. It was RCC who inserted the scene about Sam following the rules into Gemini, the scene about social pressure to form relationships into Affinity, and the 'not exactly' scene into EDM. So either he was relatively 'ship friendly' or he had a LOT less god-like power than is normally ascribed to him. He can't be both ship-unfriendly and god-like with that writing history. Like I said, I can see him being upset as he'd invested a lot in the Jack character... but as for the other accusations*shrugs* Whatever the case, I don't see it *onscreen*, which is IMHO the only place it really matters.

In fact, RCC wrote or cowrote just about every single one of my favorite episodes, so I may be a bit biased here. (he also wrote Singularity and Redemptions) So while some may feel he destroyed the show, IMHO, he's largely responsible for it's greatness. But what do I know.

(and yes, I'll play if it means I can fangurl a writer )
                      I think you're in the wrong thread, mate. The Woohoos are over there somewhere, smoking broccoli and partying their way through Martinmas...
                      Seriously though, no I never saw any coolness between any of the actors/PTB but I am sure there must have been relationships that were not as close as others, as there are in any workplace. I didn't see a particular bias for RCC written/produced episodes to be less ship friendly or less Jack friendly althoguh I do see a certain bias for some writers/directions *coughMartinWoodcough* to be pre-ship.

And you can always fangurl TPTB IMO.

OT Birthday
                      Spoiler:

While I am here can I just say a huge Thank you to everyone who sent me birthday messages today. Being... not as young as I would like... *cough* I was actually fairly apathetic to the whole thing and kind of hoping it would pass without notice. But... it's been lovely that my GW friends have made a fuss and made me feel so warm and fuzzy... and now I don't feel so bad about my husband pointing only the day before my birthday that I have an obscene amount of grey hair on display these days... Men!

*huggles GW Sam/Jack Ship Family for being Awesome*

*throws broccoli just in case.*

sigpic

Comment

Opps I nearly forgot:

Today's Advent calender Artwork is brought to you by

Josiane

For more information about the origins of the Advent, on which this calender is based, go to this site .

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                          As for Threads and the characters behaving like human beings. I liked that...and we don't see that often in TV shows where there are a lot relationships. Especially now I'm older I'm noticing it more and more that the TV-shows are always trying to find ways to make the ships more complicated which makes the characters in the end inhuman. I liked it how Threads was acted out because for once, they didn't went to far but let the people be people.
                          You can't keep blaming someone for dating someone else? Why? It's a natural thing in life...etc etc...
                          Exactly. That's why some of us who are older and more jaded and cynical than you were quite literally knocked off our feet by Threads... I grew up on inherited Irish Mansions and Clone Eating Frogs and Random Gun Shots on the street...

The problem is, essentially, it's generally believed a TV ship can't 'come in to port' while the show is still running. They're a bit of a negative premise (the classic being, of course, Gilligan's Island - they were NEVER getting off). So the trick is to indicate 'change' in a ship without ever letting the ship actually get anywhere near it's destination. Or, if it does, blowing up the port or sinking the ship so they have to find a new one or having them attacked by pirates or...

Anyway.

You get the idea.

Though, tbh, after awhile, the entertainment value in TV ships becomes not the actual events of the show and the characters but the saga of How TPTB Will Keep Them apart. Sometimes, that's more entertaining than anything else (you should hear Jennifer watch Grey's Anatomy and Bones *snark*) My all time personal favorite, though, was Charmed in which they blatantly admitted it was because it was against the rules of TPTB. That one still makes me giggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            I think you're in the wrong thread, mate. The Woohoos are over there somewhere, smoking broccoli and partying their way through Martinmas...
                            I'd have posted it over there, too, only I know the amount of alcohol they've been consuming and I'm not sure they could read it let alone understand it... Those gals know how to party.

Comment

Happy Birthday
                              Cagranosalis
                              sigpic

Comment

I'd have posted it over there, too, only I know the amount of alcohol they've been consuming and I'm not sure they could read it let alone understand it... Those gals know how to party.
                                The drinking is why I like them. Have you seen by FB photo gallery?

And we Woohoos can always understand what's being said. So long as the words "Martin", "huggle" and "Awesome" appear once in every few posts... we're even occasionally allowed to thunk RDA over there. Only on Wednesdays, mind you.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X