Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    im afraid that the thread will break.
    We broke one already, if we break this one, I doubt the mods will give us an another one to play in
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      Did I mention I'm posting every pic?

I think you might have mentioned.

Now I can't resist some commentary of my own...

Checking out Jack's six...

And savoring the image. First Shipper back there seems pleased with this observation!

And here she is just positively glowing. I'm telling you, she just left Jack's closet office by way of Asgard transport to report to the SGC.

EDIT: Finally found and fixed that earlier post as requested. Love the picspam, but gawd, does it slow GW down!
      Last edited by BrenRen; 20 December 2009, 08:44 PM.
      Love and hot fudge,
      Bren Ren
      ~
      My stories!
      ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
        Are we off the page now?

And +=

EDIT: Nope!
        maybe if i reply to you, it'll be another post to get us off the stretchies!

so as my christmas gift from the shippers, i hope some shippers of years gone by come back to visit us.

so you older shippers, that have went bye-bye do to any number of reasons (disappointment 10 times), come by and say hi!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          maybe if i reply to you, it'll be another post to get us off the stretchies!

so as my christmas gift from the shippers, i hope some shippers of years gone by come back to visit us.

so you older shippers, that have went bye-bye do to any number of reasons (disappointment 10 times), come by and say hi!
          Not quite there!

SJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJSJS

EDIT: Were still on page 49!!!! Ugh!!
          sigpic

Comment

lovely and wonderful picspamming, regularamanda!

quite the lovely couple they are... not my first shippy couple, but my most profound, and the only one i've obsessed on so. i still remember the first time i was ever on a computer, and 'accidently' coming across sam/jack shippy stories... i was hooked totally. *sighs shipplily*

how many years has this ship been going on, and it still sends shivers down my spine?
            sally

sigpic

Comment

You really were not kidding! Is that seriously every pic you have Amanda???
              Yup

Originally posted by trupi View Post
              Keep posting those lovely pics the bad taste hasn't left my mouth yet!
              Same!

We broke one already, if we break this one, I doubt the mods will give us an another one to play in
              Probably not...but look it's still alive!

And I got us onto the next page

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

jenn and twilight, you guys mind taking the sam-teal'c ship talk to another thread? i know you're throwing in sam/jack in there too, but you know this is upsetting some more hardcore s/jers, so please consider taking it somewhere else.
                No we will not because it's not "ship". We are not "shipping" the characters. We discuss Sam/ here all the time and we're discussing "this" in the context of the greater relationship we DO ship which is Sam/Jack. If you don't like it, you're free not to participate. As a COURTESY but not as a REQUIREMENT I am happy to place it in spoilers but it is NOT off topic. However at this point we are off topic so to get back on topic:

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                Spoilered for those who don't want to discuss Unending:
                Spoiler:
                Exactly. I see anything between Sam and Teal'c as being directly a function of the very real fact that Sam is madly and deeply in love with *Jack* and always will be. And Teal'c knows that. When I watch the last scene on the Odyssey when they're discussing whose going to go back, I see this great longing from Sam NOT to be the one to keep her memories, and a realization and acceptance of Teal'cs great sacrifice. She doesn't try to talk him out of it, but accepts the gift he's giving and seems to understand the price he's paying. It's just absolutely beautiful and brilliantly acted by CJ and AT. And I have to admit I saw that on my very first viewing

I also find it interesting that the Sam/Jack angst theme is used in when Sam admits to Daniels she's given up, then we see Landry's death, and Sam going to Teal'c for comfort. In my mind, that sequence is, essentially, the point when Sam gives up on ever really getting back to Jack and turns to Teal'c for comfort. It's not about joy or love, but simply the very human need for comfort and companionship. And, like I said, terribly terribly angsty and bittersweet.
                Spoilered because we're talking about Unending in context of S/J
                Spoiler:
                I didn't see it and didn't know about it until the commentary. At first I was like NO NO and I still don't REALLY see it, but I think it would be a very natural relationship. And I think Jack would be okay with it. It's that military mindset of taking care of your own... make sense?

I see Sam as having been depressed and I understand that hopelessness so I don't fault her for trying to find some peace where she was at.

Comment

- probably not

Comment

sam/jack rule.

sam/jack takes the cake.

sam/jack posting will get us off the page stretchies.

btw, i still think we'll get our 3rd movie. and our confirmation.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

We are finally on page 50! Whoo!

+=
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                        No we will not because it's not "ship". We are not "shipping" the characters. We discuss Sam/ here all the time and we're discussing "this" in the context of the greater relationship we DO ship which is Sam/Jack. If you don't like it, you're free not to participate. As a COURTESY but not as a REQUIREMENT I am happy to place it in spoilers but it is NOT off topic. However at this point we are off topic so to get back on topic:
                        why thank you, twilight, for being so considerate of other shippers by putting your sam/teal'c shippy talk in spoilers.

i've been known to butt heads with others, but 99 percent of the time is because i feel their *intent* on something is a bit wiggy.

so for other shippers like myself, that ship *sam/jack* exclusively, please continue to discuss sam/teal'c in spoilers.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

We are finally on page 50! Whoo!

+=
                          Only 9,950 to go before we break THIS thread!!!!!

WOOOT

Let's break it with S/J AWESOMENESS

Comment

why thank you, twilight, for being so considerate of other shippers by putting your sam/teal'c shippy talk in spoilers.

i've been known to butt heads with others, but 99 percent of the time is because i feel their *intent* on something is a bit wiggy.

so for other shippers like myself, that ship *sam/jack* exclusively, please continue to discuss sam/teal'c in spoilers.

I'm only going to answer this once because I find it incredibly offensive - I am not SHIPPING Sam and Teal'c. That's like telling me I'm shipping Sam/ simply because I'm talking about their relationship in the context of the greater ship.

Rant:
                            Spoiler:

I'm sorry to be so snarky but I am on my last nerve. First we're "shipping" another couple and then we're not *hard core* :: rolls eyes ::

I don't have to put it in spoilers. It's on topic. And if it weren't very late I probably wouldn't even find your response worthy of an answer. But I'm exhausted and I want to have an intelligent adult conversation with another shipper about a FRIENDSHIP not a "SHIP" and I'm having to put up with this.

:: mutters and decides she just needs to go to bed it's been a hellish week and she just can't deal with people being so dang picky anymore ::

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                              I'm only going to answer this once because I find it incredibly offensive - I am not SHIPPING Sam and Teal'c. That's like telling me I'm shipping Sam/ simply because I'm talking about their relationship in the context of the greater ship.

Rant:
                              Spoiler:

I'm sorry to be so snarky but I am on my last nerve. First we're "shipping" another couple and then we're not *hard core* :: rolls eyes ::

I don't have to put it in spoilers. It's on topic. And if it weren't very late I probably wouldn't even find your response worthy of an answer. But I'm exhausted and I want to have an intelligent adult conversation with another shipper about a FRIENDSHIP not a "SHIP" and I'm having to put up with this.

:: mutters and decides she just needs to go to bed it's been a hellish week and she just can't deal with people being so dang picky anymore ::
                              to be honest with you, i didn't even completely read your sam/teal'c posts (jenn's either), b/c i didn't want to read sam/other posts here. so if you've been talking about them in a context of 'friendship', then i'm sorry i missed it.

i can't stand sam/pete, but i've not asked anyone to not talk about it *b/c* it existed on the show. yes, there's some that merely talk about it b/c they love to stir the pot (hi, bekki! ), but for the context of the show and the s/j relationship, it's something that impacted on our couple and is debate material.

but sam/teal'c? it's not real, it's not canon.

am i being picky or pig-headed? perhaps, but like i said before, it's all about the 'intent'.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

to be honest with you, i didn't even completely read your sam/teal'c posts (jenn's either), b/c i didn't want to read sam/other posts here. so if you've been talking about them in a context of 'friendship', then i'm sorry i missed it.
                                OT:
                                Spoiler:

Then perhaps next time you ought to find out what's being talked about before forcing me to defend myself. We were on topic and that's that.

And to bring this back on topic:

Comment

Working...
                                X