Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    LOL Yes, there are many moments I have to pop on and ask "WAIT is this canon or did I just read too many fics that it BECAME canon in my head?"

*happy place* Sam/Jack married and going fishing. A lot. With toys!

*cue jaw drop* Amazing sig! Such a fic prompt there! Can I snurch? *cue shepherd puppy eyes*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
    I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
    Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Ok, I'll put it down to your hangover and lack of sleep

Have fun in the snow. Ours has started melting but the roads are a bit slippy still
      ((((((jumbly))))))

Speaking of distracting :: points to post your post count :: DUDE you are so close to a custom avatar. I've been trying to be around so I can post like crazy... 160 posts to gooo....
      you'll get there....

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
      Hiiii everyone! I had so much fun yesterday!!!! Huuuuuugeee huuuugggggssss to alll!!!!

I know that THE LIST has been posted but here are some fics that weren't added

Nevada by SeNedra

Twas the Night Before Christmas by Bekki

Silent Night by Bekki

Baby Mine by Bekki

Mistletoe by Bekki

Oh Christmas Tree by Bekki
      hmmmmm....Bekki seems to be advertised an awful lot in these parts....

Uh oh... being crushed by e-mail... LOL

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
      Well, my dearly beloved Ship Family, in spite of the enthusiastic celebrating I did at Shipmas last night, I'm not quite able to get myself into the holiday spirit this year... but I'll spare y'all the RL saga and skip to how this is good news for you all--especially my Angst-loving Ship-siblings.

I'm purging those mental demons once again through fic-writing, and I've just uploaded part one of a two part Christmas Angst story--but fear not, because angsty though it may be, as always, I promise a happy unending! But not till part two, which should be up later today or first thing tomorrow...

So to suit my need for a properly Angsty holiday setting, I've taken liberty with my artistic license and decided that, for the purpose of this story, anyway, the events of Beneath the Surface transpired shortly before Christmas. Having just been released under one another’s supervision, the team goes to Jack house for their holiday celebration. The spirit of the season helps Sam and Jack through their difficult transition back into the world where rules and regulations pile higher than mountains between them during the one time of year the whole world pauses to celebrate love and family.

This story is lovingly dedicated to my favorite Angst lovers, Jenn, APA, and Twilight, who excel in breaking my heart with some of the best heart-wrenching stories in all the Sam & Jack fanfiction archives. Merry Angsty Shipmas!

Surface Exposed in the Holiday Light

*squishy huggles for the RL curve balls*

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
        *cue jaw drop* Amazing sig! Such a fic prompt there! Can I snurch? *cue shepherd puppy eyes*
        I snurched it from APA so I think it's cool LOL

Comment

LOL Yes, there are many moments I have to pop on and ask "WAIT is this canon or did I just read too many fics that it BECAME canon in my head?"

*happy place* Sam/Jack married and going fishing. A lot. With toys!

Love and hot fudge,
          Bren Ren
          ~
          My stories!
          ~

sigpic

Comment

I know I'm being a broken record but the show's been done for several years now and it's time we stopped letting it chafe us so much and just let ourselves go to our happy places that explain why Jack wasn't there and how it created angst because Sam had to pine for her love.
            You know, I really like Unending *ducks tomatoes*

Remember, I love angst, and that is one of the angstiest episodes of them all. Everyone else is coping in their own ways, and from Sam we see this bone-deep grief and sadness and, ultimately, despair. Sal, I think it was, mentioned she wished we could see Sam missing Jack, and I believe we do. We see her in absolute lonely despair and I'm *certain* it was because she was living that long life without Jack and leaving him behind in time.

No, we don't hear his name and, no, we don't see that outright. But most of 'the ship' has been composed of just those sort of subtle moments. Only about 15 minutes (literally) of the eleven years and handful-of-episodes Sam and/or Jack have been onscreen have been overtly devoted to their relationship. And, yes, I realize a lot of you have been Sam/Jack shippers since she walked into the briefing room in CotG, hoping there might be 'a ship' long before there actually was one and long before realizing the ship that was going to happen was mostly about subtle undercurrents and character/acting beats. If you're looking for romance novel declarations of love (both verbal and nonverbal ), you're never going to be happy with this ship, and I suspect many of you who fall into this category are, overall, very unhappy with what TPTB have done with it.

None of this means I wouldn't be happy with, say, another 5 minutes devoted to Sam/Jack in a possible Movie #3. It just means, given the show and relationships history, I don't really expect it. Though like I said, having come to this ship VERY late unlike some of you, I'm a 'shipper' because of what we were given - subtle and heartbreaking angst. If the relationship had been all fluff and gutter (like other Stargate ones), I wouldn't be here...

As for Jack's being in Unending, apart from the ship: yeah, I wish he could have been there. (except, you know.. no heartbreaking angst) At the same time, given his job is in Washington and no longer on SG-1, I can understand why he wasn't on the Odyssey going to meet Thor. Yes, it would have been easy to write him in (Thor requested his presence), but it made sense to me he wasn't there. SG-1 wasn't necessary really even for what was essentially a UPS run. And Landry certainly wasn't. If anything, it's his presence which is the most bizarre

Comment

Jenn if I could green you I would!! I really enjoyed Unending as well. I just thought the thing with Jack was a hole (easily filled by my imagination, but I think it was rather weak of the writers not to at least head nod why he wasn't present). I also interpret Sam as missing Jack... but my favorite scene by far is the musical montage and Daniel's rant at Vala. Michael Shanks outdid himself IMO... but I know that's a minority 'round here too LOL

Comment

Hi there, I am new to this site. Glad I found you. Have started reading all the posts to get a feel for things. Hope to post something worth reading soon

Cookie

Comment

*sighs*

*glares at Twilight, APA and Jenn*

All you angst dwellers have forced me to write a really sad fic set in the Continuum timeline

*sets up residence in the cavern*

Welcome stargatecookie!

Happy Birthday Cags!!!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    *sighs*

*glares at Twilight, APA and Jenn*

All you angst dwellers have forced me to write a really sad fic set in the Continuum timeline

*sets up residence in the cavern*

Welcome stargatecookie!

Happy Birthday Cags!!!
                    Always happy to convert... mwhahahahahahahaha

So am I going to get to beta this?? Should I plan on seeing this in my email when I check it tomorrow from my parents' residence?

Comment

Always happy to convert... mwhahahahahahahaha

So am I going to get to beta this?? Should I plan on seeing this in my email when I check it tomorrow from my parents' residence?
                      Yup you'll be betaing...unless you want to be surprised with the angst? And it should be done sometime tomorrow...and another fic should be done as well. You're poor red pen of death! lol

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by stargatecookie View Post
                        Hi there, I am new to this site. Glad I found you. Have started reading all the posts to get a feel for things. Hope to post something worth reading soon

Cookie
                        Welcome stargatecookie!!!!

You haven't seen half of the thread yet. We kinda broke GW with the other thread cause we got past 10,000 pages...
                        Anywho. And there's Shippy Holiday threads too. So about 5 or more years worth of reading.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          If you're looking for romance novel declarations of love (both verbal and nonverbal ), you're never going to be happy with this ship, and I suspect many of you who fall into this category are, overall, very unhappy with what TPTB have done with it.
                          i 'kind of' fall into this category.

it depends on the ep, the season, what some person associated with the show's said, and in some even bigger ways, fanfiction. fanfics have actually made the ship better *and* worse for me to deal with, b/c i've read so many fics that gave me what i dreamed for and did it so well...

and then, for a series that didn't really show ships, we'd get stuff with sam/pete that made my heart ache for that kind of attention, and daniel/vala, that had it given to them in two seasons ('unending'). (we can add mckay/jennifer, and a couple from 'sgu' to the list)

i carry a lot of baggage along with this ship as a fan, i'm sorry to say.

~btw, i don't read fics for 'sanctuary'. i don't want to *want* the stuff from fics to become expectations to the show. but i might end up there someday, anyways, but just not now.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm not certain I have the mental fortitude to really delve into this the way I'd like, but I'm gonna try anyway...

I *AM* proudly one of those Shipper's who has been in love with the Ship and the show since day one. Day negative, actually. Saw the original film in the theater--but had been expecting the premise to play out more along the lines of what they did with the series--i.e., using the Stargate to explore different planets all over the galaxy. So when I heard about SG-1, I was over the moon!

And then when I heard that RDA was taking the role of Jack O'Neill, after I finished thinking, "MacGyver with a gun? That'll be weird!", I was super-duper hyped. (I got over the MacGyver thing about half a second after RDA's Jack came on screen, by the way!)

And then Sam walked in. She made my jaw drop right along with Jack's. The chemistry in that scene still makes me all tingly! Naturally, and especially if you take into consideration the fact that I was jumping Ship from the X-Files, I was HOOKED. Line and sinker gone. (Heee heee! *Fishing* metaphor!)

And, even though I'm a shameless Gutter-dwellin' Fluff lover, the biggest reason I stayed so thoroughly enthralled, even over a decade later was the big, huge honkin' caveat of their relationship, spelled out in no uncertain terms by TPTB going in: Sam and Jack would never get involved in a romantic relationship so long as they remained in the same chain of command in the Air Force. I was under no illusions or delusions about that. The so-close-but-so-far thing always gets me. Every. Single. Time. Really, God's honest truth: I love Angst. Always have, no matter how deeply I'm scuba diving in my Gutter home.

So, coming off the heels of CC & Co's horrible treatment of the shipper fanbase, the way the Stargate PTB played with us has been, generally speaking, a delight. I know there are some who feel they *played* us rather than played *with* us, but I'm not one of those. That's why I still adore JoeM so very much after all this time. From the beginning, they've thrown us those hints and teases. I still remember reading promos for There But For The Grace of God, in which they heavily hinted at the possibility of AU Sam & Jack being together. Cause, you know, it wouldn't be breaking the rules cause it's an AU. They did it again with Point of View. They always made sure to reiterate that *our* Sam & Jack couldn't be together (darn Regs!), but they loved coming up with those convenient alien-influence/AU/etc,etc,etc excuses every bit as much as we love playing with the delightful screencaps those moments gave us.

That's partly why I'll never really buy the whole "the ship didn't really start in canon till AT & RDA just kept hugging and hugging and hugging in the Season Three opener Into the Fire" dance. The briefing room first meeting chemistry--even Hammond knew they were flirting, for cryin' out loud! "I adore you already." Jack ogling Sam in a dress in Emancipation--third ep of the series. Broca Divide Locker Room Scene!

Lots and lots of stuff in those early early days, all of it building the foundation for the super-ship-fest of Season Four which in turn laid the foundation for the ultra-angst-fest of the second half of the seventh season and almost the entire eighth. It was always there, from the beginning all the way through to the Unending.

Now. On Unending. I really, really do wish we had gotten just one tiny little utterance of Jack's name, preferably by Sam, in the Finale of the Series. But... the cello made up for it as far as I'm concerned.

And since that was far from the end of the franchise, I'm even more tolerant. Especially with the prospects for movie three looking pretty positive for the Ship in the grand scheme. Though I agree, we'll still probably be lucky to get a full (cumulative) five minutes of overt shippiness, I do believe it will be there. I am sure of it. No doubt whatsoever. Any other alternative is simply and utterly unimaginable.

Okay, so that's my buck-fifty worth, but since I've only got the two cents, just put the rest on my tab.

And I'll finish on this happy thought: Sam and Jack go *Fishing* every single opportunity they can get--and they have access to Asgard transporters.

Joy to the world!
                            All the boys and girls!
                            Joy to the *Fishies* in the deep blue sea!
                            And joy to you and me!

Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

I feel like for Unending that at least an on screen explanation for WHY Jack wasn't present would have been nice at the very least because without it, I think it IS a huge hole in the plot considering how big of a deal they make out of Jack and Thor's relationship throughout the series.
                              I agree. I'm having a senior moment, so I can't remember which episode it was that Jack came in at the end to talk to Daniel (Daniel said, "I'm scared" and Jack said, "I'm hungry). That didn't do much for me, and I think it would have been nice if they could have used the money they spent on that for a brief Jack appearance on Unending. Especially for the reason you mention - Jack and Thor's friendship. (Thor! Buddy! ) Plus, for me, it would have brought the series full circle. And of course, any moment with Jack and Sam would be special.

sigpic
                              s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

That's partly why I'll never really buy the whole "the ship didn't really start in canon till AT & RDA just kept hugging and hugging and hugging in the Season Three opener Into the Fire" dance. The briefing room first meeting chemistry--even Hammond knew they were flirting, for cryin' out loud! "I adore you already." Jack ogling Sam in a dress in Emancipation--third ep of the series. Broca Divide Locker Room Scene!
                                Oh. Me too. Never. Going to. Believe it...

Though MW has admitted he 'saw' the ship back in Solitudes, and in Into the Fire RDA asked him if 'this' was supposed to be 'one of those times' (indicating there were, you know, others), which rather contradicts dear old PDLs assertion it was the end of S3 when they saw the takes and realized RDA and AT had chemistry (since, you know, MW and RDA put it in intentionally)

But... the cello made up for it as far as I'm concerned.
                                lol. Yeah... I was once accused of writing Cello P0rn, did you know that?

And since that was far from the end of the franchise, I'm even more tolerant.
                                I can't recall if you were around a short time ago after AT4, when AT admitted (finally) that she believed Sam and Jack got together some time ago, after he was no longer in her immediate chain-of-command, and JM has also admitted the same... And MW has referred to Sam's boyfriend (the about-to-retire General) in Washington on a commentary, so Cello P0rn not such a reach, after all And further proof, like you said, that they really are playing with us more than simply playing us.

Comment

Working...
                                X