Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Did you see in the news the story about the man who got arrested (and convicted) for running around naked in his own home, and he happened to be in front of his own front window and two women saw him and complained to the police, who arrested him. In his own home, mind you. My question is - what were those women doing looking in his living room window? And one of them was even trespassing on the man's property or she'd never have even seen him in the first place!

Now ... back to your regularly scheduled Jack and Sam .... which is fairly lonely at the moment.

Woohoos everywhere BEWARE!!!

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Hey, I TRIED for the Thunky Jack ep, but nobody else voted for it

*mutters*

He's plenty thunky in SV and Nemesis Plus with added ship appeal.

And, oh alright, I confess, I love the commentary on Nemesis so much.

I heard that the writers/ producers (?) hated RDA's version of O'Neill, so I'm guessing they wood never have let him do his own thing had he been in the film. That wood have been awful for him

I only saw the movie about a year ago, and I really didn't like Kurt Russell's O'Neil. But then, I'd had ten years of RDA's version

See I saw the movie long before the series and didn't, at first, really like SG-1 much... apart from the obvious RDA thunking. However, in hindsight I much much prefer RDA as O'Neill.

Hmm, best do this now:

Today's Advent calender Artwork is brought to you by

Sarai

For more information about the origins of the Advent, on which this calender is based, go to this site .

sigpic

Comment

I heard that the writers/ producers (?) hated RDA's version of O'Neill, so I'm guessing they wood never have let him do his own thing had he been in the film. That wood have been awful for him

I only saw the movie about a year ago, and I really didn't like Kurt Russell's O'Neil. But then, I'd had ten years of RDA's version
      You know I did like the movie. It was okay and I loved Daniel in it; it was actually the thing I liked while I *don't* like Daniel in the series all the time. As for Jack well...there is no substitute for series/RDA Jack. I love him and find the Kurt Russell character stiff and he needs to get la.... *cough*

Overall the movie is okay, but I still see the first episode of SG1 sometimes as the movie. I remember when I was 14 and conciously started to watch SG-1 and knew there was a movie, I thought that the CotG was the movie. It was only untill later that I found out about the real movie and all...but I loved the series opener more than the movie.

Plus...I miss the S/J action in the movie D'oh.
      sigpic

Comment

Happy Shipmas everyone!
        Videos Artwork

In loving memory of Col. L. Pendergast1960-2006
        Yes I actually enjoy SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          You know I did like the movie. It was okay and I loved Daniel in it; it was actually the thing I liked while I *don't* like Daniel in the series all the time. As for Jack well...there is no substitute for series/RDA Jack. I love him and find the Kurt Russell character stiff and he needs to get la.... *cough*

Overall the movie is okay, but I still see the first episode of SG1 sometimes as the movie. I remember when I was 14 and conciously started to watch SG-1 and knew there was a movie, I thought that the CotG was the movie. It was only untill later that I found out about the real movie and all...but I loved the series opener more than the movie.

Plus...I miss the S/J action in the movie D'oh.
          Subtle, Jann. Very subtle.

I accept the movie for what it is, but I wouldn't choose to sit down and watch it for fun. I like James Spader, but Kurt Russell's Jack is soooooo boring. *Yawn* I also really miss that female presence on the team that Sam brings.

I think that they should have remade that movie using the SG-1 actors, adding Sam and figuring out a way to involve Teal'c. Then it'd be interesting. What?! A girl can dream can't she?
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

I accept the movie for what it is, but I wouldn't choose to sit down and watch it for fun. I like James Spader, but Kurt Russell's Jack is soooooo boring. *Yawn* I also really miss that female presence on the team that Sam brings.

I think that they should have remade that movie using the SG-1 actors, adding Sam and figuring out a way to involve Teal'c. Then it'd be interesting. What?! A girl can dream can't she?
            That's exactly how I feel about it

Comment

I just realised I totally missed Secret Santa and who was my ss
              Videos Artwork

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                My FANFIC

This was my SS for Jitter!!! It's rated M so you have to click on that and then go to "Coda" - it's "in canon" for those that are all about some canon (Jenn... LOL) and for those that are abhorrent to Sam/Other:
                spoilered for those who want to be spoilered
                Spoiler:
                There's a brief moment Sam/Other BUT it's not gutter, the fic is SAM/JACK all the way okay?

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAHEN

Awwww thank you!!! I'll start on it right away And we got each other as SS that's awesome ^^ <3
                Videos Artwork

Comment

Originally posted by Jitter View Post
                  Awwww thank you!!! I'll start on it right away And we got each other as SS that's awesome ^^ <3
                  I know!! I hope you like it I thought the picture was GREAT!!

Comment

I bring ti-dings of com-fort and joy, comfort and joy . . . . . .

Oh, you like tidings? I'll give ya tidings.

Merry Shipmas Everyone!

sigpic
                    s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

..... and you really think nobody is watching?
                      ....esp. those of us of the male gender?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                        ....esp. those of us of the male gender?
                        Well I didn't want to hang a lantern on it, but yes, I meant you

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

that would be a little too COTG for me. and then all of the continuity would be all outta whack. consistency not right. Sorry been watching too much SG-1 im starting to remember jack's lines.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker View Post
                            I bring ti-dings of com-fort and joy, comfort and joy . . . . . .[/I]
                            ]
                            Oh, you like tidings? I'll give ya tidings.

Merry Shipmas Everyone!
                            ha ha thats funny and really good.

Comment

Hi, I'm back! Hopefully for good now!

I must be the only SG1 fan that loved the Stargate movie--I saw it when it came out because I'm a huge Kurt Russel fan. I loved him as O'Neill. I loved his darkness and stiffness because it was Jack in the aftermath of losing his son. This totally doesn't discount how much I love RDA in the series (I was already a huge RDA fan), but I appreciate the KR character in the movie.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

*waves to Gater*

*dusts off some pics for her*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X