Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT Tater Tot Hotdish:

Spoiler:
    apparently that dish is NOT a low-fat dish.....so I'm trying to find ways of lightening up the recipe...some of them simple....like using the 98% fat-free versions of the cans of condensed creamy soup...and others are probably sacreligious (sp?) to any Midwesterner....this one substituting those shredded hash brown thingies (which don't come already fried) for the tater tots.....so this version would not be an authentic Midwestern dish at all....but for people trying to watch what they eat (like me...) these are necessary substitutions....but these substitutions might make Catholic Minnesotans cross themselves with a Hail Mary.....

but in its original form I can see why it would keep people in the upper midwest warm......it's looks like a good dish if you need to build up warmth-retaining fat cells for the winter....

Comment

OT TT HD
      Spoiler:
      Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      in its original form I can see why it would keep people in the upper midwest warm......it's looks like a good dish if you need to build up warmth-retaining fat cells for the winter....
      Exactly. We eat atrociously in the midwest, probably for that very reason. Plus we probably burn off a million calories just to keep from freezing on the way out to the garage in the morning. We do, however, breathe actual oxygen, so it's probably a pretty fair trade off.

Comment

Wow, so we really did break the thread? I'm impressed. Ship Power! I'm suddenly channeling Captain Planet-

Let our powers combine!

Angst!
        Picspam!
        Gutter!
        Fan fic!
        Fluff!

I am Captain Shippy!

Ok... clearly gone a little nuts...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          OT TT HD
          Spoiler:
          Exactly. We eat atrociously in the midwest, probably for that very reason. Plus we probably burn off a million calories just to keep from freezing on the way out to the garage in the morning. We do, however, breathe actual oxygen, so it's probably a pretty fair trade off.
          OT FOOD
          Spoiler:
          We also burn it scraping the cars off - those of us that don't have garages (since I live downtown...).

However, the WORST food by far health-wise is Southern cooking. We fry everything. Pickles (yum!), okra, cheese, chicken, steak... heck twinkies too LOL I love going to the state fair up here b/c it's the only time I get a taste of my down south food

Comment

OT TT HD
            Spoiler:
            OT:

Spoiler:
            esp. if you all shovel your driveways by hand........which we might still wind up doing if my grandpa's snow-thrower (which my aunt let us have after he died) can't be fixed....it's pretty new but it won't run for very long before dying....every start-up it runs like a champ.....for about 30 seconds......

hmmmm.......winter life in the upper midwest sounds quite....bracing.....and more prospects for snow days too.....only area here in WNY that gets a lot of snow days tends to be the Southtowns/Southern Tier.....those are the areas commonly targeted by the lake-effect bands we get.....we get our fair share up in the Northtowns/Northern Tier sometimes but mostly the southtowns gets most of the lake effect

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
              Wow, so we really did break the thread? I'm impressed. Ship Power! I'm suddenly channeling Captain Planet-

Let our powers combine!

Angst!
              Picspam!
              Gutter!
              Fan fic!
              Fluff!

I am Captain Shippy!

Ok... clearly gone a little nuts...

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                OT FOOD
                Spoiler:
                We also burn it scraping the cars off - those of us that don't have garages (since I live downtown...).

However, the WORST food by far health-wise is Southern cooking. We fry everything. Pickles (yum!), okra, cheese, chicken, steak... heck twinkies too LOL I love going to the state fair up here b/c it's the only time I get a taste of my down south food
                OT FOOD:
                Spoiler:
                I'm not particularly fond of southern food but I do devour fried okra, it's so good!
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                  OT FOOD
                  Spoiler:

OT:

Spoiler:
                  in the South as well people probably have plenty of opportunities to burn it off.....a lot of grunt work gets done down South....like farming for instance....and possibly....*cough ahem*....OTHER forms of grunt work there and in the upper midwest....and look we're back in the gutter again....

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    OT:

Spoiler:
                    in the South as well people probably have plenty of opportunities to burn it off.....a lot of grunt work gets done down South....like farming for instance....and possibly....*cough ahem*....OTHER forms of grunt work there and in the upper midwest....and look we're back in the gutter again....
                    Seriously. What do you think we do inside all winter long?

Spoiler:
                    Ice fishing.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Ice fishing.
                      so THAT'S how you guys stay thin up there.....

Comment

Hi all. Joining in the fun again on this shiny new thread! The devotion and fun continues!

I'm interested in knowing what exactly went wrong with first 10,006 pages-full first thread. What happened?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Ice fishing.
                          Spoiler:
                          It's the best thing to do while you're hanging out in the Igloo right? At least that's what I tell everyone
                          Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

I leave for a few hours and come back and find that the thread is broken...and we got a new one!

*is so incredibly proud of all of us*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

More Shipmas Carol silliness...

{To the Tune "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"}

Don’t ask Sam out
                              Or try to be her guy
                              Don’t program your house
                              With the sound of her voice
                              Jack O’Neill is Sam Carter’s true love.

Alien drugs
                              Stuck in time loops
                              Alternate Universe
                              Or any excuse

He knows when you’ve been stalking
                              And you’d better not kidnap her
                              Cause he’ll track you down and blast your ass
                              At his cabin they’ll be *Fishing* happy ever after!

Don’t hack her classified files
                              Through your friend in the FBI
                              Don’t crash her stakeout
                              Unless you want to die

Jack and Sam will always be in love!
                              Last edited by BrenRen; 12 December 2009, 08:53 PM.
                              Love and hot fudge,
                              Bren Ren
                              ~
                              My stories!
                              ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                                Hi all. Joining in the fun again on this shiny new thread! The devotion and fun continues!

I'm interested in knowing what exactly went wrong with first 10,006 pages-full first thread. What happened?

RepliBorgs.....'nuff said....

Comment

Working...
                                X