Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    In Threads Sam quite clearly gets a personal phone call on her cellphone from Pete in the conference room

And I raised my eyebrow once seeing that particular scene for the first time, knowing they were in a base underground. However, I decided to ignore it and imagine that they have "pimped" the base with the necessary wires to enable that. Not to mention that they can travel across the galaxy and make starships, then surely they can figure out the way to make cell phones work underground with adequate security protocols.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      she abandoned me too...
      she should at least pass those exams then!

jack wouldn't abandon sam...

Spoiler:
      jack: carter, want to play cards?

sam: i can't, sir.

jack: why?

sam: i have some studying to do.

jack: WHAT!?

sam: sir?...

jack: you choose studying, instead of being with me!?!

sam: ......

now jack knows what it's like to be abandoned too...

~later that same day~

sam: sir, may i come in?

jack: ....

sam: i'm sorry, sir, about choosing studying that artifact that could destroy the goauld's hold on our galaxy and continue their slavitude of jaffas and people alike.

jack: yeah, whatever....

sam: colonel, i've come to make it up to you.

jack: how?

*sam brings a deck of cards from behind her back*

sam: this, sir, and my undivided attention for the rest of the night.

jack: well... as long as you're going to pay attention to ME, and not some stupid tech crap that does whatever...

sam: saves humanity and the universe from slavery?

jack: whatever. so want to play strip poker?
      LOL, but I had hoped she had just closed the door and said that the camera's were off

Originally posted by Tachyon View Post
      LMAO! Sorry es! - no Stargates there. (Unfortunately).

EDIT// Though, I signed a non-disclosure agreement where I agreed not to reveal anything about the base or confidential things I see and/hear, so therefore I couldn't tell you if there was one, even if I wanted to. Tee hee.
      ...you're teasing us aren't you? How evil!

And I think I might have an idea for a Shipmas ...thing...
      sigpic

Comment

Cell phones (or mobiles as we call them here in the UK)...

There are a few times they use the cell phones at the SGC and I guess I always assumed that they had done something technical to boost something technical that I technically didn't need to know about so they could...

They do make a joke of it in '200' when Marty (who's constantly taking calls on his mobile) complains about the signal.

I have to admit I only have two 'ships' that I'm obsessed passionate about enough to write fanfic about them: Hawke/Caitlin (Airwolf) and Sam/Jack (SG1).

And even then I would say, Sam/Jack is the only one where I've actively participated in the fandom and shipping.

Right, off to continue writing Shipmas fic.
        sigpic
        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

EDIT// Though, I signed a non-disclosure agreement where I agreed not to reveal anything about the base or confidential things I see and/hear, so therefore I couldn't tell you if there was one, even if I wanted to. Tee hee.
          Not even per PM?
          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

It is snowing in here...and since that doesn't happen too often...I post snow pics in honor of the snow!

And an old S/J snow siggie
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              It is snowing in here...and since that doesn't happen too often...I post snow pics in honor of the snow!
              It's not snowing here, and since that doesn't happen very often, I won't.

We were watching Rudolph last night, and during the 'terrible snow storm' my kid asks, totally serious, "Why's that storm so bad?"

But I was really coming here to clap excitedly, "I haz Christmas sig for Shipmas..." (and I'm almost done betaing the most awesomest angstiest Christmas story ever )

Comment

starlover
                Haven't seen those before O.o
                What the heck were they doing at the North Pole?!

Comment

We were watching Rudolph last night, and during the 'terrible snow storm' my kid asks, totally serious, "Why's that storm so bad?"

But I was really coming here to clap excitedly, "I haz Christmas sig for Shipmas..." (and I'm almost done betaing the most awesomest angstiest Christmas story ever )
                  *pouts* Don't be evil to my snow*huggles it* ...if you want you can send some more to me!

Yay for Shipmas sig...are we going to see it now?

Yay for Christmas story! I want to see it!

Originally posted by es! View Post
                  starlover
                  Haven't seen those before O.o
                  What the heck were they doing at the North Pole?!
                  North Pole: they were there for SG: Continuum(you know the second SG1 movie) ...they had a few scenes there...AWESOME!
                  Some of the others are from an event a couple of years ago in Louisiana(sp?)
                  sigpic

Comment

Lovin' those Continuum North Pole pics!

I love winter. FINALLY we have a good old Nordic winter here; snow and sub zero temperatures. It's been awhile since the last time (two years at least).

Comment

I love winter. FINALLY we have a good old Nordic winter here; snow and sub zero temperatures. It's been awhile since the last time (two years at least).
                      That's scary if you haven't had snow or sub zero temperatures for two years
                      sigpic

Comment

*Yay for Shipmas sig...are we going to see it now?
                        2 days till Shipmas

Yay for Christmas story! I want to see it!
                        Sent it back with final edits... So she should have it ready for Shipmas, too. *Happy angsty/fluffy sigh*

Comment

North Pole: they were there for SG: Continuum(you know the second SG1 movie) ...they had a few scenes there...AWESOME!
                          Some of the others are from an event a couple of years ago in Louisiana(sp?)
                          Thankee for the explanation!

I hate winter. It is cold. And difficult. And we've got subzero temperatures and loads of snow in Austria, too
                          2 days till Shipmas
                          Oh my.
                          *runs away to finish the vid*

Comment

What happenned? Sorry, I was too lazy to read every pages I've missed, so why did the thread changed? It means that we're not hitting the 10,000 anymore *pouts*

Erm, so it's snowing in Paris too! And it's been pretty rare this last decade. So I'm happy. And they call it global warming!

Anyway, I'm soooo late for my Shipmas artwork! But I'm late with university work too, so... I'll probably do it in the night of Friday to Saturday. *sighs*

So, still no news for the 3rd movie. As people are saying in the movie thread, it would be a darn beautiful christmas gift! TPTB, please!

Comment

Originally posted by never_on_earth View Post
                              What happenned? Sorry, I was too lazy to read every pages I've missed, so why did the thread changed? It means that we're not hitting the 10,000 anymore *pouts*

We broke it with sheer awesomeness.

Oh? :: raises eyebrow :: angsty Xmas story? :: ears perk up ::

And yes, I'm so happy when it doesn't snow. Snow lost it's magical quality once I had to start living with it. It makes a much better mistress than wife.

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                              Cell phones (or mobiles as we call them here in the UK)...

There are a few times they use the cell phones at the SGC and I guess I always assumed that they had done something technical to boost something technical that I technically didn't need to know about so they could...

They do make a joke of it in '200' when Marty (who's constantly taking calls on his mobile) complains about the signal.
                              Soooo maybe they were on a show of "Pimp My Mountain" sort of like "Pimp My Ride" LOL

Yeah, chances are they wouldn't be able to use their cells (especially with photo capability!) but... hey... intergalactic transit, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                                Yeah, chances are they wouldn't be able to use their cells (especially with photo capability!) but... hey... intergalactic transit, why not?
                                Yep, it kind of amuses me. People can accept the flying around in spaceships and travelling through wormholes but receiving cell phone calls underground in the SGC? Apparently not so much.

And to be vaguely on topic, I'm heading back to my Shipmas fic.
                                sigpic
                                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Working...
                                X