Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
    Your assumption is correct! Valenship is one of our four annual celebrations:

Valenship (in February)
    Ship Day (always held on July 28, to commemorate the first U.S. airing of Divide & Conquer)
    Shipsgiving (in November)
    Shipmas (in December)

We have lots of fun at them!

It still amazes me how well organized all shippers are! I just love the operation plan for this year
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
      Cool icon! It will go well with your new sig... and you'll be able to use it when you reach 2000 posts! Which should pass in no time

A wallpaper can be... 1024/768 or 1280/1024 or 1280/960 or 1920/1280 or... you get the picture, though I think the most common size is the first one.
      most of those are for square screens though. I think most common atm is 1280x800 (or that is the format most people on the artwork thread work with)

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I totally took this in a very dirty, dirty direction. I need to go to bed, I'm helpless against the gutter
      Gutter is good! Nothing bad on it....or...bed....oohhhhhh

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Yes, go. Bed. Sleep off the gutter. I keep being taken out of context!!!

Sometimes a Bike is just a BIKE!
      Sleep off the gutter Never. It's very healthy to be deep in the gutter!

Cast your vote:

VALENSHIP:
      Saturday, February 6 (3)
      Saturday, February 13 (8)
      sigpic

Comment

Cast your vote:

VALENSHIP:
        Saturday, February 6 (3)
        Saturday, February 13 (9)
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm, no one here........so quiet.........I'm so bored

Last edited by kusanagi; 18 January 2010, 03:57 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
            Okay, I blame Regularamanda for sending me back to these old links.

Quizilla time!!!!!
            Realize that these are old. Play along. No cheating!

What type of Sam/Jack shipper are you?

Are you a Sam/Jack Shipper?

Can you really call yourself an Stargate SG-1 Jack/Sam shipper?

My results:
            True Believer
            Devoted J/S Shipper
            Ultimate Shipper
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
              I see Ba'al! Those watching '24' will see Ba'al
              Yes!! Before they ran the list of actor - had to check to make sure it was him - Cliff M. Simon - first time I saw his middle initial used.
              sigpic
              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

No, I think that they would share pretty well. Has anyone noticed that Sam is much stronger during Seasons 9 and 10? I think that she's growing in the relationship, and coming into her own, so to speak. I can just see them deciding on a couch, new appliance, or which dog to get from the pound. I do think that they would be fairly evenly matched as a couple.

And I agree with Jennifer on the Pete thing. . .even he knows that he wasn't good enough for her--or strong enough. He as much as admits that in Threads. And if there was a guy anxious to be subservient, it's a guy who goes to the caterer on his own to pick his own cake. . .
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Now... Those of you who've been around a long time and know me, quite possibly saw this post and thought, "Gawd... here she goes again..." *snort*
                  Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  No, I think that they would share pretty well. Has anyone noticed that Sam is much stronger during Seasons 9 and 10? I think that she's growing in the relationship, and coming into her own, so to speak. I can just see them deciding on a couch, new appliance, or which dog to get from the pound. I do think that they would be fairly evenly matched as a couple.
                  Oh, absolutely. I meant, really, specifically, in certain situations... She'd let Jack be in charge.

And Sam's change in attitude is one of the primary reasons I'm convinced they're together after Threads. There's almost an immediate turn around in her attitude after S8.

I *could* launch into my entire theory on Grace as an adjective and that Sam's revelation in Threads wasn't simply that she and Jack should be together and find a way to make that work because her personal happiness should be just as important as her professional success. Instead, if you *really* care, I wrote about it in this post here and this here and that's probably enough to give you an idea But feel free to reply to either of those if you want to discuss it further (cause... *some* of us can never discuss this concept enough )

But the point is... yeah. The Sam we see after Threads is the 'real' Sam... She's no longer trying to meet anyone's molds or expectations for who and what she should be and is finally content and satisfied just to be her and is, therefore, less timid about herself and her accomplishments (and her fears and failures) because she now knows those don't define her....

I watched The Quest 2 last night, and there's that moment when Cam turns to her and asks her if she can fix the dialing program to get it to stop and she sort of smiles and shrugs and says, "I hope so..." That's one of my favorite examples of this 'new' Sam...

IMHO, of course.

And.. man. One of these days I'm going to have to take all my thoughts on Grace and Sam's personal journey from S7-now and put them into one single LJ comment like I did with my evidence that they're together now. It'd save me such loads of time. *sigh*

Comment

Cast your vote:

VALENSHIP:
                    Saturday, February 6 (4)
                    Saturday, February 13 (9)
                    sigpic
                    Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      Now... Those of you who've been around a long time and know me, quite possibly saw this post and thought, "Gawd... here she goes again..." *snort*
                      Oh, absolutely. I meant, really, specifically, in certain situations... She'd let Jack be in charge.

And Sam's change in attitude is one of the primary reasons I'm convinced they're together after Threads. There's almost an immediate turn around in her attitude after S8.

I *could* launch into my entire theory on Grace as an adjective and that Sam's revelation in Threads wasn't simply that she and Jack should be together and find a way to make that work because her personal happiness should be just as important as her professional success. Instead, if you *really* care, I wrote about it in this post here and this here and that's probably enough to give you an idea But feel free to reply to either of those if you want to discuss it further (cause... *some* of us can never discuss this concept enough )

But the point is... yeah. The Sam we see after Threads is the 'real' Sam... She's no longer trying to meet anyone's molds or expectations for who and what she should be and is finally content and satisfied just to be her and is, therefore, less timid about herself and her accomplishments (and her fears and failures) because she now knows those don't define her....

I watched The Quest 2 last night, and there's that moment when Cam turns to her and asks her if she can fix the dialing program to get it to stop and she sort of smiles and shrugs and says, "I hope so..." That's one of my favorite examples of this 'new' Sam...

IMHO, of course.

And.. man. One of these days I'm going to have to take all my thoughts on Grace and Sam's personal journey from S7-now and put them into one single LJ comment like I did with my evidence that they're together now. It'd save me such loads of time. *sigh*

I love this theory . And yeah, I think putting all this thoughts in one comment is great idea (would be much easier than jumping from one post to another )
                      And if I can add something here: I think the fact that Sam was ok with Cam being in charge after Jack's promotion proves that as well. There is someone at her side taking care that everything is fine with her self esteem , so she doesn't feel this need to prove everyone who she really is (on of the best soldiers in SGC, great leader, gifted scientist and beautiful and sensitive woman).
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                        And if I can add something here: I think the fact that Sam was ok with Cam being in charge after Jack's promotion proves that as well. There is someone at her side taking care that everything is fine with her self esteem , so she doesn't feel this need to prove everyone who she really is (on of the best soldiers in SGC, great leader, gifted scientist and beautiful and sensitive woman).
                        Exactly. It was far more important to her fans than it was to her . Same thing with her losing command of Atlantis, actually.

Oh.. I'm totally gonna self-pimp here.. Intimacy Chapter 2. Just cause I love Samantha 2.0. And it touches on that idea that she knows she's awesome

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          In spoilers for length, SGU spoilers, and because it's not really ship-related:
                          Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          Scene before Jack and Rush knocks on Eli's door:

He folded the report closed and dropped it on the seat next to him, before pausing to flick a tiny piece of lint from the front of his uniform jacket. “You’re sure this is the one, Doctor?”

The man sitting opposite him in the limo made a face. “You saw the report.”

“I saw that some kid busting the high score on Donkey Kong is apparently a reason to get me out of bed at oh-dark-thirty hours.”

“It’s a little more complicated than that, General. The decode test requires a unique mindset and no little skill to complete. You read the boy’s academic records. High IQ, low self esteem, intelligent but an under-achiever. Potential without purpose. Just the kind of resource the program needs that gets lost in the cracks.”

“If you say so. I just thought we had enough brains on board without having to do this whole Sword in the Stone thing.”

“As I said,” continued the doctor, his tone cooling, “it’s more complicated than that.”

“It so often is.” The general reached for the door handle. “Wait in the car till I call you,” he said.

“Uh, sir . . .”

He ignored the other man, picking up his service cap and setting it squarely on his head. “Don’t worry, the uniform makes a strong first impression.” He tapped the file. “I got a read on this kid. Believe me, I know the type pretty well.”

“Geniuses?”

“Geeks.”

{Fast forward through the scene that's already on the episode}

"Right. I think I want my lawyer to look at it first..."

The door was already closing. “Why don’t we just go ahead and agree that I will call you?”

Then O’Neill and Rush were standing alone on the stoop. “I can see you’ve done this recruiting thing a lot, General,” said the doctor, with no little sarcasm. “Good job.”

“Just priming him, is all,” he replied, reaching into his pocket for an encrypted cell phone. “Now we make with some shock and awe.” He tabbed the speed dial for a number that did not and would never exist in any kind of public record, and waited a moment.

When the line connected, he spoke a terse codeword and gave his orders. “Walter? Contact Carter. Tell her she has a go.”

Spoiler:
                          Missing scene - near the beginning of "Air, Part 1":

She rapped on the hatch with her knuckles, and from within came a distracted voice. "Come in."

Entering the cramped visiting officer's quarters, she saw Rush bent over a laptop and a scattering of papers, his attention buried deep in his work. Before she could speak, he gestured at a covered tray from the ship's kitchen on a nearby shelf. "I'm done with that," he said.

Her lips thinned. "I'll be sure to have one of my crew square that away for you, doctor."

Rush looked up in surprise. "Colonel Carter." He recovered quickly and gave her a flat smile. "I'm sorry." Immediately, he was closing the lid of the laptop. "What can I do for you?"

LOL, just thought that was a bit funny.

Spoiler:
                          Scene where Rush (in Telford’s body) is explaining the situation to Jack:

When the two of them were alone, O’Neill asked the question that Young knew was coming. “So...how bad is it?”

“It’s bad,” he replied.

“You should know we’ve already had an emergency briefing about all this,” said the general. “Strom and the rest of the IOA are afraid that the attack on Icarus was just the opening shot in something much bigger. They think those Lucian Alliance creeps might be making a move on us.”

“Is that likely?”

O’Neill shrugged. “A day or so ago I would have said no way, but right now...” He paused. “The Daedalus, the Odyssey, Sun Tzu, and Apollo are all on high alert. I’ve got people in the field trying to figure out if there’s more coming, or if this was just an attack of opportunity.”

“Anyone I know?”

“Jackson’s out with Vala chasing up her former contacts in the Alliance. Mitchell and Teal’c are sharing what intel we have with the Free Jaffa Nation. In the meantime, Carter’s on station at the moon base with the Hammond while we patch it up. I know she’s already talked to McKay and his people about ideas for getting you all back, but don’t get your hopes up.

LOL, well we know that James Swallow was interpreting the moon base literally.
                          Green! Thanks a lot for sharing. Not shippy bits, but they have Sam and Jack, so good enough.
                          sigpic

Comment

[SIZE="5"]Cast your vote:
                            VALENSHIP:

smilies by zuz
                            ugh....I HATE Valentines day *skulks off to the cavern*

Okay, I blame Regularamanda for sending me back to these old links.

Quizilla time!!!!!
                            Realize that these are old. Play along. No cheating!

What type of Sam/Jack shipper are you?

Are you a Sam/Jack Shipper?

Can you really call yourself an Stargate SG-1 Jack/Sam shipper?

Ooh a quiz *clears throat* My results
                            Impatient little bugger moi *adjusts halo*

Sam/Jack shipper

Ultimate Sam/Jack shipper
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              Am I the only one certain Jack does, in fact, take the lead in their personal life? I see him as far too much of an Alpha-male type to do anything else.. and I think that's part of why Sam's attracted to him (see Broca Divide.. I don't think her choosing him was simply the virus). It's also - while it might not look like it initially - a reverse of their non-intimate life where, except in rare instances when he 'pulls rank', generally he actually follows her lead.

I think part of the reason they had trouble, going all the way back to D&C, was because Sam *was* waiting for Jack to take the lead and he - almost blatantly - continually refused the role. In fact, her standing there on his deck in Threads was, really, almost her *asking* him to step forward and take that position - her admission she didn't know what to do and she *needed* him to help her find their way. Basically, it was her attempting to put him in charge - I mean, she was asking one man what she should do about her engagement to another, effectively. If she'd wanted to take charge in their relationship, she'd have stormed in there and *told* him what she wanted and what he should do.

And, ultimately, it was Jack who finally took the lead and went in to her as Jacob was dying, who told her to 'c'mere' and put his arms around her. That may have been the first time he (finally) took the lead, but I don't think it was the last.

I'd argue, even, that one of the things that was out of place between her and Pete was that he didn't take charge (and no, buying a house is the wrong kind of 'taking charge') but idolized her and put her on a pedestal. And her otherwise generally ending up with assertive and/or powerful men tends to support, I think, that that was what she was looking for. She'd just chosen poorly in the past, because there's a fine line between 'taking the lead' and 'control freak'.
                              I've never thought of Sam as taking the lead (unless they're being a little kinky while fishing). I don't know about anyone else, but I know as a strong willed woman I find a great sense of peace at my own husband "taking care of me". It's not about control (as you mentioned Jenn, there's a difference between a control freak and taking the lead) - it's about having someone finally say "it's okay, relax" - giving permission so to speak.

Personal example
                              Spoiler:
                              When my husband was in school I was working full time and we had our son. I went back to work after six weeks and was trying to pump and breastfeed. I felt like if I didn't I was a failure. Elijah, seeing my frustration and exhaustion finally just said one evening "You know, I think we should just switch to formula. I don't want you to stress anymore." And suddenly the weight was lifted from my shoulders. My husband's affirmation that I was more important than some ideal helped me let go

Jonas was a control freak. Pete followed rather than led. Yes, he bought the house without talking to her, but he bought it with her specifications. What about what Pete wanted? No talk of a man cave? Jack on the other hand insists on bringing her into his world - let's go fishing.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              ugh....I HATE Valentines day *skulks off to the cavern*
                              I hate Valentine's Day too - Valenship day however... what a great chance to write some ANGST

Comment

OMG!!! New look for the forum!
                                (And now I don't find anything anymore! )
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X