No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admit, i do see them as an active couple. Perhaps they could both retire to one of the reknowned active adult communities here in Arizona.

And the funny thing is, I wrote the line with something completely different in mind. Didn't figure it out until the first review, and then I went--Uh-oh.

And of course Sam wears the pants--and Jack would look silly in a skirt.

Can't wait until Valenship! Sounds fun!
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      I admit, i do see them as an active couple. Perhaps they could both retire to one of the reknowned active adult communities here in Arizona.
      Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I totally took this in a very dirty, dirty direction. I need to go to bed, I'm helpless against the gutter

Comment

Yes, go. Bed. Sleep off the gutter. I keep being taken out of context!!!

Sometimes a Bike is just a BIKE!
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
          Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I totally took this in a very dirty, dirty direction. I need to go to bed, I'm helpless against the gutter
          omg, so did i!

~swims the backstroke in the lovely waters of the gutter~
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Cast your vote:
            VALENSHIP:
            Saturday, February 6 (1)
            Saturday, February 13 (3)

smilies by zuz

Comment

Night Shippers!!!

I luvs ya!
              sigpic

Comment

Cast your vote:
                VALENSHIP:
                Saturday, February 6 (2)
                Saturday, February 13 (3)

I will be in the middle of a very very long car drive on the 13th
                sigpic

Comment

Cast your vote:
                  VALENSHIP:
                  Saturday, February 6 (2)
                  Saturday, February 13 (4)

I need more time to make vids
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Cast your vote:
                    VALENSHIP:
                    Saturday, February 6 (2)
                    Saturday, February 14 (5)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                      Continuing my way through the SGU Novelization.
                      Spoiler:
                      I haven't found any shippy bit, or even with both Jack and Sam in the same scene. But I figured I'd share a couple of bits anyway. They all either have Jack or Sam in them.

In spoilers for length, SGU spoilers, and because it's not really ship-related:
                      Spoiler:
                      Scene before Jack and Rush knocks on Eli's door:

He folded the report closed and dropped it on the seat next to him, before pausing to flick a tiny piece of lint from the front of his uniform jacket. “You’re sure this is the one, Doctor?”

The man sitting opposite him in the limo made a face. “You saw the report.”

“I saw that some kid busting the high score on Donkey Kong is apparently a reason to get me out of bed at oh-dark-thirty hours.”

“It’s a little more complicated than that, General. The decode test requires a unique mindset and no little skill to complete. You read the boy’s academic records. High IQ, low self esteem, intelligent but an under-achiever. Potential without purpose. Just the kind of resource the program needs that gets lost in the cracks.”

“If you say so. I just thought we had enough brains on board without having to do this whole Sword in the Stone thing.”

“As I said,” continued the doctor, his tone cooling, “it’s more complicated than that.”

“It so often is.” The general reached for the door handle. “Wait in the car till I call you,” he said.

“Uh, sir . . .”

He ignored the other man, picking up his service cap and setting it squarely on his head. “Don’t worry, the uniform makes a strong first impression.” He tapped the file. “I got a read on this kid. Believe me, I know the type pretty well.”

“Geniuses?”

“Geeks.”

{Fast forward through the scene that's already on the episode}

"Right. I think I want my lawyer to look at it first..."

The door was already closing. “Why don’t we just go ahead and agree that I will call you?”

Then O’Neill and Rush were standing alone on the stoop. “I can see you’ve done this recruiting thing a lot, General,” said the doctor, with no little sarcasm. “Good job.”

“Just priming him, is all,” he replied, reaching into his pocket for an encrypted cell phone. “Now we make with some shock and awe.” He tabbed the speed dial for a number that did not and would never exist in any kind of public record, and waited a moment.

When the line connected, he spoke a terse codeword and gave his orders. “Walter? Contact Carter. Tell her she has a go.”

Spoiler:
                      Missing scene - near the beginning of "Air, Part 1":

She rapped on the hatch with her knuckles, and from within came a distracted voice. "Come in."

Entering the cramped visiting officer's quarters, she saw Rush bent over a laptop and a scattering of papers, his attention buried deep in his work. Before she could speak, he gestured at a covered tray from the ship's kitchen on a nearby shelf. "I'm done with that," he said.

Her lips thinned. "I'll be sure to have one of my crew square that away for you, doctor."

Rush looked up in surprise. "Colonel Carter." He recovered quickly and gave her a flat smile. "I'm sorry." Immediately, he was closing the lid of the laptop. "What can I do for you?"

LOL, just thought that was a bit funny.

Spoiler:
                      Scene where Rush (in Telford’s body) is explaining the situation to Jack:

When the two of them were alone, O’Neill asked the question that Young knew was coming. “So...how bad is it?”

“It’s bad,” he replied.

“You should know we’ve already had an emergency briefing about all this,” said the general. “Strom and the rest of the IOA are afraid that the attack on Icarus was just the opening shot in something much bigger. They think those Lucian Alliance creeps might be making a move on us.”

“Is that likely?”

O’Neill shrugged. “A day or so ago I would have said no way, but right now...” He paused. “The Daedalus, the Odyssey, Sun Tzu, and Apollo are all on high alert. I’ve got people in the field trying to figure out if there’s more coming, or if this was just an attack of opportunity.”

“Anyone I know?”

“Jackson’s out with Vala chasing up her former contacts in the Alliance. Mitchell and Teal’c are sharing what intel we have with the Free Jaffa Nation. In the meantime, Carter’s on station at the moon base with the Hammond while we patch it up. I know she’s already talked to McKay and his people about ideas for getting you all back, but don’t get your hopes up.

LOL, well we know that James Swallow was interpreting the moon base literally.
                      Spoiler:

Spoiled only for space.

Thanks for posting this. Not shippy but its an interesting read especially with the SG-1 film supposedly taking place right around this time . . .
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Cast your vote:
                        VALENSHIP:
                        Saturday, February 6 (2)
                        Saturday, February 13 (6)
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          LOL, well we know that James Swallow was interpreting the moon base literally.
                          Originally it was suppose to be on our moon but TPTB decided to changed the location. So James must be going according to the first script.
                          sigpic

Comment

Cast your vote:

VALENSHIP:
                            Saturday, February 6 (2)
                            Saturday, February 13 (7)
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Cast your vote:

VALENSHIP:
                              Saturday, February 6 (2)
                              Saturday, February 13 (8)
                              sigpic
                              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                i have a feeling that sam would be wearing the pants in this relationship, and jack would be enjoying it every step of the way!!
                                Am I the only one certain Jack does, in fact, take the lead in their personal life? I see him as far too much of an Alpha-male type to do anything else.. and I think that's part of why Sam's attracted to him (see Broca Divide.. I don't think her choosing him was simply the virus). It's also - while it might not look like it initially - a reverse of their non-intimate life where, except in rare instances when he 'pulls rank', generally he actually follows her lead.

I think part of the reason they had trouble, going all the way back to D&C, was because Sam *was* waiting for Jack to take the lead and he - almost blatantly - continually refused the role. In fact, her standing there on his deck in Threads was, really, almost her *asking* him to step forward and take that position - her admission she didn't know what to do and she *needed* him to help her find their way. Basically, it was her attempting to put him in charge - I mean, she was asking one man what she should do about her engagement to another, effectively. If she'd wanted to take charge in their relationship, she'd have stormed in there and *told* him what she wanted and what he should do.

And, ultimately, it was Jack who finally took the lead and went in to her as Jacob was dying, who told her to 'c'mere' and put his arms around her. That may have been the first time he (finally) took the lead, but I don't think it was the last.

I'd argue, even, that one of the things that was out of place between her and Pete was that he didn't take charge (and no, buying a house is the wrong kind of 'taking charge') but idolized her and put her on a pedestal. And her otherwise generally ending up with assertive and/or powerful men tends to support, I think, that that was what she was looking for. She'd just chosen poorly in the past, because there's a fine line between 'taking the lead' and 'control freak'.

Comment

Working...
                                X