Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i don't count any of her 'interests' as *others* either, b/c like you said, it was mostly one-sided. i don't even 'get' the black widow curse, *because* almost all of these guys weren't love interest/in relationships with her.
    I never understood that "black widow" thing, since there were a bunch of other guys attracted to her that didn't die. Like:

Lt. Graham Simmons
    Rodney McKay
    Malcolm Barrett
    Jay Felger

and probably one or two others that I don't remember at the moment.

sam's only boyfriends we saw were jonas hanson (ex bf) and pete. jonas was, it seemed, a bit of a control freak, and pete was... a bit of a control freak.
    She did say in "First Commandement" that she left Jonas because of his control issues.
    Last edited by hedwig; 18 January 2010, 09:27 AM. Reason: I forgot to add one :D

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      Wait? Who? Did I miss him?? :: is so lost :: WHERE'S CLIFF SIMON???

We'll chalk it up to Sam's brain being frozen and the fact that she secretly wanted to handle Jack's sidearm.
      I don't think Jack's brain was any warmer either....my fron would certainly be frozen if I was spending some alone time with such a gorgeous beauty....

Comment

sam's only boyfriends we saw were jonas hanson (ex bf) and pete. jonas was, it seemed, a bit of a control freak, and pete was... a bit of a control freak.
        Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        She did say in "First Commandement" that she left Jonas because of his control issues.
        Yeah. She does seem to have a thing for control freaks. You should see the guy she's with now. He keeps insisting she call him 'sir' in public.

Actually...

Sometimes he insists on 'sir' in private too.

You probably didn't need to know that, though, did you?

Comment

Hey, I let her give him a new name, haven't you heard?

So, what's valenship? I'm assuming it's some kind of Valentine's Day thing for Jack/Sam?
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferjf View Post
            yeah. She does seem to have a thing for control freaks. You should see the guy she's with now. He keeps insisting she call him 'sir' in public.

Actually...

lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              Yeah. She does seem to have a thing for control freaks. You should see the guy she's with now. He keeps insisting she call him 'sir' in public.

Actually...

Gutter:
              Spoiler:
              I'm sure that Sam has *no* problem with that bit of control. In fact... I'm pretty sure there's a few times Jack's found himself demoted...

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

So, what's valenship? I'm assuming it's some kind of Valentine's Day thing for Jack/Sam?
                Your assumption is correct! Valenship is one of our four annual celebrations:

Valenship (in February)
                Ship Day (always held on July 28, to commemorate the first U.S. airing of Divide & Conquer)
                Shipsgiving (in November)
                Shipmas (in December)

We have lots of fun at them!

Comment

Actually...

Along with Shipmas, Shipgiving, and the annual Ship Day on July 28 (the day that "Divide and Conquer" first aired), we've pretty much got the whole calender covered for S/J celebrations!
                  sigpic
                  The Return of King Arthur
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                  acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

*snort* I was gonna ask about bike riding, but there are kids here... And, yes. It's a day long celebration of everything Sam and Jack... It's... you pretty much have to see it to believe it. Let's just say I logged 300 posts on Shipmas

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I never understood that "black widow" thing, since there were a bunch of other guys attracted to her that didn't die. Like:

Lt. Graham Simmons
                      Rodney McKay
                      Malcolm Barrett

and probably one or two others that I don't remember at the moment.

*Raises Hand* Uh, Simmons is dead. I think. *Goes to rumage through case of DVDs that were not packed away for the move* No! It's not here!

Yes, it's a special holday just for us crazy devoted shippers
                      There's also Shipsgiving, Shipmas, ans the most inportent: Ship Day.

EDIT: Darn! You people are just to fast!

EDIT 2: (Regarding Simmons) You weren't talking about who I thought you were talking about were you?
                      sigpic

Comment

Continuing my way through the SGU Novelization. I haven't found any shippy bit, or even with both Jack and Sam in the same scene. But I figured I'd share a couple of bits anyway. They all either have Jack or Sam in them.

In spoilers for length, SGU spoilers, and because it's not really ship-related:
                        Spoiler:
                        Scene before Jack and Rush knocks on Eli's door:

He folded the report closed and dropped it on the seat next to him, before pausing to flick a tiny piece of lint from the front of his uniform jacket. “You’re sure this is the one, Doctor?”

The man sitting opposite him in the limo made a face. “You saw the report.”

“I saw that some kid busting the high score on Donkey Kong is apparently a reason to get me out of bed at oh-dark-thirty hours.”

“It’s a little more complicated than that, General. The decode test requires a unique mindset and no little skill to complete. You read the boy’s academic records. High IQ, low self esteem, intelligent but an under-achiever. Potential without purpose. Just the kind of resource the program needs that gets lost in the cracks.”

“If you say so. I just thought we had enough brains on board without having to do this whole Sword in the Stone thing.”

“As I said,” continued the doctor, his tone cooling, “it’s more complicated than that.”

“It so often is.” The general reached for the door handle. “Wait in the car till I call you,” he said.

“Uh, sir . . .”

He ignored the other man, picking up his service cap and setting it squarely on his head. “Don’t worry, the uniform makes a strong first impression.” He tapped the file. “I got a read on this kid. Believe me, I know the type pretty well.”

“Geniuses?”

“Geeks.”

{Fast forward through the scene that's already on the episode}

"Right. I think I want my lawyer to look at it first..."

The door was already closing. “Why don’t we just go ahead and agree that I will call you?”

Then O’Neill and Rush were standing alone on the stoop. “I can see you’ve done this recruiting thing a lot, General,” said the doctor, with no little sarcasm. “Good job.”

“Just priming him, is all,” he replied, reaching into his pocket for an encrypted cell phone. “Now we make with some shock and awe.” He tabbed the speed dial for a number that did not and would never exist in any kind of public record, and waited a moment.

When the line connected, he spoke a terse codeword and gave his orders. “Walter? Contact Carter. Tell her she has a go.”

Spoiler:
                        Missing scene - near the beginning of "Air, Part 1":

She rapped on the hatch with her knuckles, and from within came a distracted voice. "Come in."

Entering the cramped visiting officer's quarters, she saw Rush bent over a laptop and a scattering of papers, his attention buried deep in his work. Before she could speak, he gestured at a covered tray from the ship's kitchen on a nearby shelf. "I'm done with that," he said.

Her lips thinned. "I'll be sure to have one of my crew square that away for you, doctor."

Rush looked up in surprise. "Colonel Carter." He recovered quickly and gave her a flat smile. "I'm sorry." Immediately, he was closing the lid of the laptop. "What can I do for you?"

LOL, just thought that was a bit funny.

Spoiler:
                        Scene where Rush (in Telford’s body) is explaining the situation to Jack:

When the two of them were alone, O’Neill asked the question that Young knew was coming. “So...how bad is it?”

“It’s bad,” he replied.

“You should know we’ve already had an emergency briefing about all this,” said the general. “Strom and the rest of the IOA are afraid that the attack on Icarus was just the opening shot in something much bigger. They think those Lucian Alliance creeps might be making a move on us.”

“Is that likely?”

O’Neill shrugged. “A day or so ago I would have said no way, but right now...” He paused. “The Daedalus, the Odyssey, Sun Tzu, and Apollo are all on high alert. I’ve got people in the field trying to figure out if there’s more coming, or if this was just an attack of opportunity.”

“Anyone I know?”

“Jackson’s out with Vala chasing up her former contacts in the Alliance. Mitchell and Teal’c are sharing what intel we have with the Free Jaffa Nation. In the meantime, Carter’s on station at the moon base with the Hammond while we patch it up. I know she’s already talked to McKay and his people about ideas for getting you all back, but don’t get your hopes up.

LOL, well we know that James Swallow was interpreting the moon base literally.
                        sigpic
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

*snort* I was gonna ask about bike riding, but there are kids here... And, yes. It's a day long celebration of everything Sam and Jack... It's... you pretty much have to see it to believe it. Let's just say I logged 300 posts on Shipmas
                          So many many guttery ways to take things. Sheesh. LOL So... now we have fishing, bike riding... perhaps we should include the equestrian sports as well? My my Jack and Sam sure are the athletic type aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                            *Raises Hand* Uh, Simmons is dead. I think. *Goes to rumage through case of DVDs that were not packed away for the move* No! It's not here!

EDIT 2: (Regarding Simmons) You weren't talking about who I thought you were talking about were you?
                            Colonel Simmons is dead (Episode "Prometheus" I believe)

Lieutenant Simmons (from "Message in a Bottle") is not.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              Colonel Simmons is dead (Episode "Prometheus" I believe)

Lieutenant Simmons (from "Message in a Bottle") is not.
                              It seems there is a limited pool of names from which they may pick. Jonas, Jonah, Jonas... Simmons, Simmons...

But only one Sam and Jack that are so married

Comment

So...everyone gets a vote on when they want to hold Valenship. Here's where the votes stand so far:

VALENSHIP:

Saturday, February 6 (1)
                                Saturday, February 13 (2)

Be sure to cast your vote!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X