Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    Thanks XFChemist, that helped. I can now read it in English. I have to put it aside right now though. I am trying to finish Twilight506's, Supposed Crime and Professional Boundaries stories. You should read those, they are great (Why do I always sound like Tony the Tiger when I say that?).
    Thank you for the compliment!! I worked very long and very hard on those LOL I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you're done

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    I agree with Twilight506. The more you wait, the better it will be. I would rather it be well thought of, which means great writing, and money saved up to give them the ability to show what they really want to on screen. Really great sets, in a particular bedroom.
    And we want it to do well... cuz maybe there will be more.. MORE

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    So, isn't anyone gonna write a hot guttery fic about this?

*looks at ff writers*

Yes, you know who you are.
    :: raises hand :: Okay okay, you got me, I'll do it... just... give me a few hours..

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      Well, did you see his latest pictures? He's overweight, and maybe I'm selfish, but in the 3rd I want to see my "old" Jack. It was so athletic!
      He's 60 years old in a week. He's never going to look like when he left and when he left the show he was sick, tired and is in constant pain because of his back and his feet. He's a large person and keeping that weight low (TV puts ten pounds on you) took a toll on his health. I saw him a month ago and he looks great. He has lost some weight because he's feeling better. Yes he weighs more then when he was on SG1 but he's healthier and happier and still a huggible teddy bear.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        :: raises hand :: Okay okay, you got me, I'll do it... just... give me a few hours..
        Really? *happy dances* That's great.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          So, isn't anyone gonna write a hot guttery fic about this?
          I'll confess.. I can't see anything hot or guttery about not wearing underwear. There's this though:

Spoiler:
          Jack shifted uncomfortably in his BDU pants, trying surreptitiously to disguise the fact he was adjusting his boxers with his free hand. Out of the corner of his eye, though, he caught Daniel looking at him. It only took one quick glare before the archeologist glanced away, back towards the recently activated Stargate at the top of the ramp.

Thank goodness Captain Carter wasn‘t…

“Ready to go, sir?” his second-in-command asked suddenly at his elbow.

Hopefully she’d just arrived. “Just waitin’ on you, Carter.”

“All set,” she replied.

“Then let‘s move out,” he said, and set off up the ramp, hoping no one noticed the brief wince which crossed his features as he stepped forward.

“Sore, sir?” she asked quietly.

He paused and turned to her, “Huh?”

Janet’s got a cream that really helps…”

He tried to look confused, which was an expression he’d gotten pretty good at around her, “Huh?” he repeated.

She smiled knowingly. “Those white uniforms could leave quite a rash…”

*headdesk*
          Last edited by JenniferJF; 16 January 2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

i'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! i'd try my hand at writing S/J but everybody here who writes is so good at it that i'm going to leave that up to the masters

Originally posted by trupi View Post
            He's 60 years old in a week. He's never going to look like when he left and when he left the show he was sick, tired and is in constant pain because of his back and his feet. He's a large person and keeping that weight low (TV puts ten pounds on you) took a toll on his health. I saw him a month ago and he looks great. He has lost some weight because he's feeling better. Yes he weighs more then when he was on SG1 but he's healthier and happier and still a huggible teddy bear.
            http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...a/ULRIKE-1.jpg
            Rick looks so good for somebody turning 60 shortly! I'm glad to know that he is feeling and doing better
            sigpic
            thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
              Well, did you see his latest pictures? He's overweight, and maybe I'm selfish, but in the 3rd I want to see my "old" Jack. It was so athletic!
              http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...a/ULRIKE-1.jpg
              The truth is I think RDA does look good for a man that's 60. I echo Trupi, he's never going to look like he did in early SG-1. I understand the attraction factor. Post S. 8, I don't find him as attractive - but I'm 27. I think he looks good for his age but I don't drool over him And that's okay. I think AT has also aged (and aged well) and so it still looks good to see them on screen together and I can still be totally into their chemistry.

Just think of this time as a chance for RDA to get ready for the role!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                I'll confess.. I can't see anything hot or guttery about not wearing underwear. There's this though:

Spoiler:
                Jack shifted uncomfortably in his BDU pants, trying surreptitiously to disguise the fact he was adjusting his boxers with his free hand. Out of the corner of his eye, though, he caught Daniel looking at him. It only took one quick glare before the archologist glanced away, back towards the recently activated Stargate at the top of the ramp.

“All set,” she replied.

“Then let‘s move out,” he said, and set off up the ramp, hoping no one noticed the brief wince which crossed his features as he stepped forward.

He tried to look confused, which was an expression he’d gotten pretty good at around her, “Huh?” he repeated.

She smiled knowingly. “That white wool could leave quite a rash…”

*headdesk*
                That so wasn't white wool I'm voting cotton.

Comment

I agree. And I have to say in the flesh, he's still makes grown, professional women like myself get tongue-tied with just how gorgeous he is.

Honestly, I'll just be happy to see a Stargate movie with Jack (and plenty of Sam) front and centre.

So, what have I missed?
                  sigpic
                  Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                  My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Jack shifted uncomfortably in his BDU pants, trying surreptitiously to disguise the fact he was adjusting his boxers with his free hand. Out of the corner of his eye, though, he caught Daniel looking at him. It only took one quick glare before the archologist glanced away, back towards the recently activated Stargate at the top of the ramp.

“All set,” she replied.

She smiled knowingly. “That white wool could leave quite a rash…”

*headdesk*
                    Aww, poor Jack.
                    sigpic

Comment

That so wasn't white wool I'm voting cotton.

BTW, am I the only one who loses large blocks of time laughing at the smilies everytime I click 'more'?

Comment

BTW, am I the only one who loses large blocks of time laughing at the smilies everytime I click 'more'?
                        No, sometimes I click on it and forget what I was doing/saying...

Comment

i have to vote cotton too actually

and no. i sometimes specifically try to avoid clicking "more" bc i know i'll disappear for a long time looking and laughing at them lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                            i have to vote cotton too actually
                            So I edited it to clear up the confusion

He's so proud of his big sword, isn't he?

Comment

Tsk tsk, I'm going to go write my guttery drabble JUST TO SPITE YOU.

Or because y'know... I'm waiting for Sanctuary to load.

Comment

So wrong, but so true!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X