X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    Sanctuary OT and spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    It was good, but quite a few episodes they've done have been better. EoN certainly was. Seeing people talking into monitors isn't as interesting as you'd think it might be... No matter how awesomely cool some of the shots MW used during those scenes were. Though it's possible we've been spoiled by the rest of the season.. "I'm not *crying* yet..." Not sure I could have survived more of that, come to think of it.

Though considering at this point her work is nearly all Helen has left, we might possibly get that heartwrenching angst in the season opener.
    And On topic, the episode of the week being The Light...

I have to say it's one of those few episodes in which I think the UST between Sam and Jack really comes to the surface. The scene on the beach:

(spoilered for size):
    Spoiler:

CARTER
    Forget it.
    O'NEILL
    That would be, "Forget it, Sir."
    CARTER
    Oh, please—you think I'm keeping that up if we're stuck here forever?
    O'NEILL
    Listen, Major…
    CARTER
    No way.
    O'NEILL
    That's "No way, Colonel."
    CARTER
    I'm supposed to accept that. That's the way it's going to be?
    O'NEILL
    That's the way it is.
    CARTER
    What difference does it make? It's not up to you.
    O'NEILL
    Carter! You're in withdrawal.
    CARTER
    Oh, I'm in withdrawal?!
    O'NEILL
    Yes! So am I.
    They're so not talking about simply The Light here...

Great fic based on this concept, btw. Can't link it cause it's mature, but its on this page, titled "Into the Light."
    That fic is one of my favorites - and not because it's gutter - the guttery stuff is what makes it so painfully angsty and I think really captures what they were experiencing. Very recommended.

And that scene in "The Light" - so much subtext. I always wanted *more* but... y'know... you get what you get

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      That fic is one of my favorites - and not because it's gutter - the guttery stuff is what makes it so painfully angsty and I think really captures what they were experiencing. Very recommended
      Well, as I've said before, the reason I prefer to read or watch angst to fluff and gutter is because angst is the conflict... Fluff and gutter are the reward. And without the longing for fluff or gutter, the angst wouldn't even exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
        I'm not seeing it. Is it because I don't have an FF account? The only thing at the top righthand corner is: View, Add, Login, and Sign Up.
        I don't know if you need an account. I just tried it again, and didn't see the translate button. However, the advertising page popped up while I was pondering what to do, and the "translate" button was at the top righthand corner of the ad, so I clicked on "translate" and it translated the fic story into English. Maybe try it again, and wait for the advertising screen to pop up and see if the "translate" button shows up. If it does, click on it, wait a moment, and then click on the "skip ad" button to go back to the story.

Comment

i read in joseph malluzi that he answer to a question that he think the movie will film in 2010...
          maby there is hope..
          i'm not so sure anymore
          roni

Comment

Originally posted by roni123 View Post
            i read in joseph malluzi that he answer to a question that he think the movie will film in 2010...
            maby there is hope..
            i'm not so sure anymore
            roni
            There will be a film... when is the big question. Joe has assured us multiple times via his blog that he hasn't heard anything but the intention to have a movie - but the current economy is rough and the movie industry is feeling it too. With DVD sales in a slump, you don't want to release a direct to dvd movie when it won't be as successful (especially if you want it to look good to the execs so you can push to make more movies!). Patience is key. Patience is key

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
              You have to go to "google translator" and then put the link of the site and it will be translated, well maybe it will not be perfect but it's better than nothing:

http://translate.google.it/translate?hl=it&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fanfiction.net%2Fs%2F4749210%2F1% 2FOn_The_Road

AND YOU HAVE TO READ HER FFs!!!!

EDIT: I noticed that the one of the most common mistakes of the translator is to use always "his" instead of "her"
              Wow, I didn't know that google translator was that good! O.o
              Thanks for the hint and for the fic rec!
              "Are you like, a crazy person?"
              "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                Wow, I didn't know that google translator was that good! O.o
                Thanks for the hint and for the fic rec!
                Hey, you're welcome!
                Even though the translation has several mistakes...but it's better than nothing
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

You have to go to "google translator" and then put the link of the site and it will be translated, well maybe it will not be perfect but it's better than nothing:

http://translate.google.it/translate?hl=it&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fanfiction.net%2Fs%2F4749210%2F1% 2FOn_The_Road

AND YOU HAVE TO READ HER FFs!!!!

EDIT: I noticed that the one of the most common mistakes of the translator is to use always "his" instead of "her"
                  Thanks XFChemist, that helped. I can now read it in English. I have to put it aside right now though. I am trying to finish Twilight506's, Supposed Crime and Professional Boundaries stories. You should read those, they are great (Why do I always sound like Tony the Tiger when I say that?).
                  sigpic
                  I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

There will be a film... when is the big question. Joe has assured us multiple times via his blog that he hasn't heard anything but the intention to have a movie - but the current economy is rough and the movie industry is feeling it too. With DVD sales in a slump, you don't want to release a direct to dvd movie when it won't be as successful (especially if you want it to look good to the execs so you can push to make more movies!). Patience is key. Patience is key
                    At least we know there is going to be a film. lol Patience is a virtue i learned because of stargate and shipping Sam and Jack.
                    sigpic
                    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

I agree with Twilight506. The more you wait, the better it will be. I would rather it be well thought of, which means great writing, and money saved up to give them the ability to show what they really want to on screen. Really great sets, in a particular bedroom.
                      sigpic
                      I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                        Speaking of Out of Mind... I once had a conversation with a friend from YT and she pointed out to me that unless they stole the underwear from those guys they stole the clothes from,
                        Spoiler:
                        they're completely nekkid underneath....
                        just saying.
                        So, isn't anyone gonna write a hot guttery fic about this?

*looks at ff writers*

Yes, you know who you are.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh but I can wait...but...but..AT is still amazing, instead RDA...
                          sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Oh but I can wait...but...but..AT is still amazing, instead RDA...
                            Explain comment?
                            sigpic

Comment

In case some of you were still thinking...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                                Explain comment?
                                Well, did you see his latest pictures? He's overweight, and maybe I'm selfish, but in the 3rd I want to see my "old" Jack. It was so athletic!
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X