X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    Funny story about a guy I knew talking to me about pot:
    Spoiler:
    When I was in Mexico this one guy kept insisting that there was no danger to smoking pot. Here's how this convo went:

Me: Dude, smoking pot kills brain cells.
    Him: No man, no way. When I smoked pot, I did better in my classes and everything.
    Me: Still... I can't believe something like that doesn't have any side effects.
    Him: No, it's completely safe... *pause* Wait... what were we talking about? Sometimes when people are talking, I forget what we were talking about and you have to remind me... that happened after I started smoking the pot.

This is the story I'm going to tell my son if he decides he wants to use drugs recreationally.

Lay that smackdown! :: makes note not to get on your bad side ::

And yet you still read mine

As for pot: I could see it happening if Carter got accidentally hooked on something off world and as she was home jonesing she picked up some pot - but again, it's not her getting voluntarily addicted. I did stumble across a fic once that I read partway purely out of perverse fascination that had Sam smoking alien drugs in her lab. Yeeeeeaaaahhhh....
    ROFL at your story!!

OT pot story from my Psych class

Spoiler:
    So we're sitting there...and my teacher asks us how we deal with stress...and this guys goes...

Dude: Not to offend anyone...but I spoke pot to relieve stress...
    Teacher: *goes into Psychologist mode* I can understand why you'd do that...

It was hilarious

Which is why you should take that as a big compliment! *hugs*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      About to go read.. It's funny, Twi, cause a chapter in my Unending story Marking Time was titled Coda, too Cause it's an awesome chapter title...
      Yeah I knew it wasn't exactly original (one of my shippy J/C Star Trek Voyager episodes is named "Coda") - but it just FIT... y'know?

Comment

Random fic rec:

When the Stars Come Home (rated M) by Mrs. Pollifax (second on her list). Though, frankly, anything by her just about...

One of those writers who make me want to give up writing entirely

Comment

Yeah I knew it wasn't exactly original (one of my shippy J/C Star Trek Voyager episodes is named "Coda") - but it just FIT... y'know?
          Not complaining, cause it's the perfect title. Actually, DS al Coda for a chapter before that - THAT was the perfect title, for which I thank Caladria lol

Comment

Funny story about a guy I knew talking to me about pot:
            Spoiler:
            When I was in Mexico this one guy kept insisting that there was no danger to smoking pot. Here's how this convo went:

Me: Dude, smoking pot kills brain cells.
            Him: No man, no way. When I smoked pot, I did better in my classes and everything.
            Me: Still... I can't believe something like that doesn't have any side effects.
            Him: No, it's completely safe... *pause* Wait... what were we talking about? Sometimes when people are talking, I forget what we were talking about and you have to remind me... that happened after I started smoking the pot.

This is the story I'm going to tell my son if he decides he wants to use drugs recreationally.

<snip>
            Pot use:
            Spoiler:
            But that is an extreme case(I hve to say). I know a lot of people in here from who you would never suspect it that they use Pot. They don't look like drug addicts or so. They have a job a girlfriend/wife...sometimes even a small child but they do use drugs.

I'm not saying it is good or okay to use it. No it isn't. You do things under influence that you would normally not do and you regret it later(I do speak out of experience...and not only Pot) but still...sometimes the effects are exagerated when you use it irregularly or almost not.

Still if you can NEVER EVER USE POT! it messes with you, certainly when you are already screwed up

Back to regular shipping
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              Random fic rec:

When the Stars Come Home (rated M) by Mrs. Pollifax (second on her list). Though, frankly, anything by her just about...

One of those writers who make me want to give up writing entirely
              I love Mrs. Pollifax. And she loved my dogtags fic, which makes me love her more!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                I love Mrs. Pollifax. And she loved my dogtags fic, which makes me love her more!
                That would be because your dogtags fic was amazing!
                Last edited by Regularamanda; 14 December 2009, 11:02 AM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  Pot use:
                  Spoiler:
                  But that is an extreme case(I hve to say). I know a lot of people in here from who you would never suspect it that they use Pot. They don't look like drug addicts or so. They have a job a girlfriend/wife...sometimes even a small child but they do use drugs.

I'm not saying it is good or okay to use it. No it isn't. You do things under influence that you would normally not do and you regret it later(I do speak out of experience...and not only Pot) but still...sometimes the effects are exagerated when you use it irregularly or almost not.

Still if you can NEVER EVER USE POT! it messes with you, certainly when you are already screwed up

Back to regular shipping
                  Pot
                  Spoiler:
                  I really only have issues with pot as related to recreational us - I do think there's medicinal use for it, but that's another topic

Comment

*bounces into thread* Lookit what Eve made for me for SS!

*iz sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!* Thank you, Eve! I love them so much!

*goes off to watch vid* (YES! She did a vid, too!)

EDIT: WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Thanks, Eve! Sharing the love... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwYr95jlwBE
                    Last edited by Luvnjoe; 14 December 2009, 10:58 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

*sneaks in*

Hello, my dearest family!!!

I know i haven't been there foe ages... stupid uni

Just want to huge... endless quantity of time my dearest SS *hugs Amanda* for her wonderfull pressie. Soooooo love it! i can't stop smiling Gees, i can't do a report for uni in that condition... it's so damn cuty

Anyway... here is it. Baby fic warning

*hugs Amanda again*
                      *sneaks out*

PS: what did happen to the other SJ thread???
                      sigpic

Comment

Pot
                        Spoiler:
                        I really only have issues with pot as related to recreational us - I do think there's medicinal use for it, but that's another topic

Pot:
                        Spoiler:
                        I agree with the use for medicinal purposes. I have a friend who is disabled and in a lot of pain all the time, and the only thing that helps relieve the pain is marijuana. Nothing else seems to help much.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                          We broke it!

Comment

Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                            *sneaks in*

Hello, my dearest family!!!

I know i haven't been there foe ages... stupid uni

Just want to huge... endless quantity of time my dearest SS *hugs Amanda* for her wonderfull pressie. Soooooo love it! i can't stop smiling Gees, i can't do a report for uni in that condition... it's so damn cuty

Anyway... here is it. Baby fic warning

*hugs Amanda again*
                            *sneaks out*

Ha ha, I clicked on it because I was thinking "Well, Amanda read mine..." and then I remembered that I beta'd it. I was so traumatized by the fluffiness I blocked it from my brain.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              We broke it!
                              Don't look at me. I tried to fix it, but the tape wouldn't stick to my screen.

Comment

Ha ha, I clicked on it because I was thinking "Well, Amanda read mine..." and then I remembered that I beta'd it. I was so traumatized by the fluffiness I blocked it from my brain.
                                You poor poor woman........reading fluff

*runs away from Twilight*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X