Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Well, bless your little whoopie-counting heart. Thanks!

But if you listen to the director's commentary for the "unending" episode (the final one, right? I stopped watching them over and over when Jack left), they hint that Sam and Teal'c are together for that. So....should that count?
    I would say no to that. I think it can be taken either way, depending on how any given person wants to see it. Amanda said somewhere (maybe a commentary) that she and Chris Judge decided to play it as though that possibility were there, but also play it so it could be interpreted either as they did or they didn't. I say no, they didn't.

(*I have no idea if that made any sense. It's late. I had to visit the dentist today, and I'm thinking I'll be going back because my tooth is feeling very strange, and it's probably making me say weird things.* )

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
    Oh heck no!! That is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Why does everyone think that this person must have had sex with that person because they were there for so long and it was just them and they like each other a lot and it's only natural for...

*shuts up before she says something really stupid*
    I tend to agree with you. But Amanda was heard to talk about the possibility that Sam and Teal'c had "something" together during those 50 years, because who goes 50 years without having sex (more or less her words, not mine). I still say they didn't. After all, Cam didn't. And for however long Landry was around, he didn't. So I'm going with the idea that Teal'c didn't, and Sam didn't. So I guess only Daniel and Vala did.

Comment

I agree, though. One of the things that I like about the Jack/Sam thing is their self control. And I think that they would have carried that with them for as long as they needed to on that ship! I was just saying. I heard that and kinda went--"Uh-no." Sam and Teal'c--cue banjo music here--a little too brother/sister in their relationship. And I think that Teal'c would know that's the one thing that would get O'Neill seriously mad at him.
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

And besides, if we aren't counting AUs, then "back in times" don't count either, right?
        sigpic
        My Stories AO3

Comment

I agree, though. One of the things that I like about the Jack/Sam thing is their self control. And I think that they would have carried that with them for as long as they needed to on that ship! I was just saying. I heard that and kinda went--"Uh-no." Sam and Teal'c--cue banjo music here--a little too brother/sister in their relationship. And I think that Teal'c would know that's the one thing that would get O'Neill seriously mad at him.

And besides, if we aren't counting AUs, then "back in times" don't count either, right?
          Yup. And assuming (which I do) that Sam and Jack were a couple at the time of "Unending" (married, living together, or in whatever other way they could be a committed to each other couple), I just can't see either Sam or Teal'c "cheating" on Jack even if they were stuck like that for 50 years.

Other than Teal'c remembering those 50 years, for everybody else those 50 years didn't happen. Weird.

And I'm of the faction that considers Sam and Jack sooooo married.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i just clicked on the 'discussion' thread by mistake!

i like the 'appreciation' thread more, b/c it doesn't take too much thinking.

Why do you think I hang out in here? For someone without a brain appreciation is way easier!

AUs: Like discussed earlier. I'm the oddball(sp?) in here and like them! I like the "what if" scenario. Of course TPTB mess with us in them, but that's a part of what they are supposed to do...mess with us

As for the team kirking around the universe...I find it funny that even after all this time they still did all these people...but I'm sure that S/J are way in the lead these days...but then again they are cheaters Doing eachother

No deep thoughts. Too little sleep. Too early in the morning!
            sigpic

Comment

what i appreciate about sam/jack -

1 - Extreme chemistry between the leads, amanda tapping and rda!

2 - That even though I'm sure they were tempted, they waited until they were out of each others chain of command. Speaks greatly of their integrity!

3 - The wonderful angst they have given us!

4 - And the wonderful fluff they've given us! After all together=fluff.

5 - The looks they give each other

6 - The stolen moments they've been able to have. *sighs*

7 - The possibilities, oh! the possibilities!

8 - All the kisses and hugs that we can rewatch.

9 - A lot more than I'm supposed to...Always.

10 - The 'grace' kiss!! *drools*

11 - The WoO kiss! And Jack's look afterward!

12 - The Heroes hug. I love it sooo much.

13 - "This is Carter we're talking about..." "I know, Jack....you have to prepare yourself for the possibility that she might not be coming back" From DM...because Maybourne knows!

14 - "We'll send dozens of them, one after another. I don't care what it does. Leave her...now." From Entity...because RDA acted this line with so much emotion!

15 - attraction to feelings to love = soooo married!!

16 - "I wont tell anyone about your feelings for..." *enters Sam* - from Citisen Joe.
              sigpic
              Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

1 - extreme chemistry between the leads, amanda tapping and rda!

2 - That even though I'm sure they were tempted, they waited until they were out of each others chain of command. Speaks greatly of their integrity!

4- And the wonderful fluff they've given us! After all together=fluff.

5- The looks they give each other

6 - the stolen moments they've been able to have. *sighs*

10 - the 'grace' kiss!! *drools*

13 - "This is Carter we're talking about..." "I know, Jack....you have to prepare yourself for the possibility that she might not be coming back" From DM...because Maybourne knows!

14- The acceptance of each others faults
                sigpic

Comment

14 - "We'll send dozens of them, one after another. I don't care what it does. Leave her...now." From Entity...because RDA acted this line with so much emotion!

16 - "I wont tell anyone about your feelings for..." *enters Sam* - from Citisen Joe.

17. The Broca Divide Kissssssssssssssss! yeah!
                  sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

18. Fishing.

~~~~~~~~~

I was surprised to see that wasn't on it yet
                    sigpic

Comment

*fixing with trupi's (that got lost somewhere) and adding my own*

What I Appreciate About Sam & Jack.

1 - Extreme chemistry between the leads, Amanda Tapping and RDA!

5 - The looks they give each other.

15 - Attraction to feelings to love = soooo married!!

18. Fishing.

19. The acceptance of each others faults.

20. All the times Jack said or did something just to make Sam flash that megawatt smile that's reserved just for him.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, bless your little whoopie-counting heart. Thanks!

But if you listen to the director's commentary for the "unending" episode (the final one, right? I stopped watching them over and over when Jack left), they hint that Sam and Teal'c are together for that. So....should that count?
                        Oh.. No!! don't go there. The last time we went there it almost tore this place apart..

But... no. ATs don't count. Let's just keep it at that lol. Plus there's a long distance between feelings and companionship and the physical..

Comment

What I Appreciate About Sam & Jack.

1. Extreme chemistry between the leads, Amanda Tapping and RDA!

2. That even though I'm sure they were tempted, they waited until they were out of each others chain of command. Speaks greatly of their integrity!

3. The wonderful angst they have given us!

4. And the wonderful fluff they've given us! After all together=fluff.

5. The looks they give each other.

6. The stolen moments they've been able to have. *sighs*

7. The possibilities, oh! the possibilities!

8. All the kisses and hugs that we can rewatch.

9. A lot more than I'm supposed to...Always.

10. The 'grace' kiss!! *drools*

11. The WoO kiss! And Jack's look afterward!

12. The Heroes hug. I love it sooo much.

13. "This is Carter we're talking about..." "I know, Jack....you have to prepare yourself for the possibility that she might not be coming back" From DM...because Maybourne knows!

14. "We'll send dozens of them, one after another. I don't care what it does. Leave her...now." From Entity...because RDA acted this line with so much emotion!

15. Attraction to feelings to love = soooo married!!

16. "I wont tell anyone about your feelings for..." *enters Sam* - from Citisen Joe.

18. Fishing.

19. The acceptance of each others faults.

20. All the times Jack said or did something just to make Sam flash that megawatt smile that's reserved just for him.

21. For the technobabble

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                            Oh.. No!! don't go there. The last time we went there it almost tore this place apart..

But... no. ATs don't count. Let's just keep it at that lol. Plus there's a long distance between feelings and companionship and the physical..

I've been missing out! Why didn't I click on "forum" before? Sad days.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

Just when you thought it was safe...

Jennifer posted another chapter of her Sam-on-Atlantis fic. Peripheral Visions: Passing Notes.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                                Just when you thought it was safe...

Jennifer posted another chapter of her Sam-on-Atlantis fic. Peripheral Visions: Passing Notes.
                                *throws hands up in air*
                                (spoilers for fic)
                                Spoiler:
                                What did the note SAY?! You can't leave us hanging like that! *head desk*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X