Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
    Strange, there's not me in that list... And I became a penguin right before I joined the S.H.I.P.

Anyways Valerie I think nell might be the person to ask about being on that list.

Beautiful angst Amanda. Now if there was some fluff to back up all that sadness...
    I concur....

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      I wrote a comment fic over on the Live Journal community sj_everyday, and I figured I'd share it here to.

It was in response to this picture. And it's angsty.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...-3x06-2496.jpg

(spoilered for length)
      Spoiler:

It finally struck her in an instant of stark clarity. She'd known it all along but only now did it hit her.

This wasn't her Jack.

This Jack hadn't flirted with her at their first meeting. Hadn't asked her out to lunch shortly after that. Hadn't kissed her long and deep on her porch after their first official date. Hadn't married her nearly a year later.

He wasn't the one that had wrapped his arms around her late at night, his lips placing a small kiss at the back of her neck. He wasn't the one that she'd been planning to have children with.

He wasn't the one that brown eyes had turned lifeless and dull right before he had crumbled into her arms.

Her eyes filled with tears and she heard his softly whispered "Come here."

This might not be her Jack...but he looked so much like him. Those were the same mocha brown eyes that would look at her with tenderness. The same salt and pepper brown hair that she'd run her fingers through. The same lips that she'd pull down to meet hers. The same smile that could make her knees grow weak. The same arms that would tenderly cradle her late at night. The same aftershave that she'd smell every morning after he shaved.

"Oh, I miss him," she chocked out.

His arms held her and just for a moment, she allowed herself to imagine that this was her Jack. The Jack who knew and loved her.

The Jack that she'd never see again.
      *sob*

*grabs Kleenex*

That was good..and angsty! *looks suspiciously around to whom converted Amanda to the angst* I have some candidates!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        *sob*

*grabs Kleenex*

That was good..and angsty! *looks suspiciously around to whom converted Amanda to the angst* I have some candidates!
        I have no idea who could have done such a dastardly thing...

Though high-fives have been exchanged elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          I have no idea who could have done such a dastardly thing...

Though high-fives have been exchanged elsewhere.
          Says the main suspect

sigpic

Comment

Another revelation this time from BtS.

jack: I dreamed about mining... Nekkid.

Sam stares...

silence

Daniel: Thera?

Sam: ... uhm... *tries to focus* ...

sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

I wrote a comment fic over on the Live Journal community sj_everyday, and I figured I'd share it here to.

(spoilered for length)
              Spoiler:

It finally struck her in an instant of stark clarity. She'd known it all along but only now did it hit her.

This wasn't her Jack.

This Jack hadn't flirted with her at their first meeting. Hadn't asked her out to lunch shortly after that. Hadn't kissed her long and deep on her porch after their first official date. Hadn't married her nearly a year later.

He wasn't the one that had wrapped his arms around her late at night, his lips placing a small kiss at the back of her neck. He wasn't the one that she'd been planning to have children with.

He wasn't the one that brown eyes had turned lifeless and dull right before he had crumbled into her arms.

This might not be her Jack...but he looked so much like him. Those were the same mocha brown eyes that would look at her with tenderness. The same salt and pepper brown hair that she'd run her fingers through. The same lips that she'd pull down to meet hers. The same smile that could make her knees grow weak. The same arms that would tenderly cradle her late at night. The same aftershave that she'd smell every morning after he shaved.

His arms held her and just for a moment, she allowed herself to imagine that this was her Jack. The Jack who knew and loved her.

that so sad but so angsty and good. i liked it a lot
              sigpic
              thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Simply loverly! I love these angsty shippy moments. I find, however, that I don't really do the AU thing--like that particular Sam really annoyed me. I like MY Sam. I think I relate best to Teal'c in that way--that our universe is the only one that matters. Anyone else?
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  Simply loverly! I love these angsty shippy moments. I find, however, that I don't really do the AU thing--like that particular Sam really annoyed me. I like MY Sam. I think I relate best to Teal'c in that way--that our universe is the only one that matters. Anyone else?
                  I'm with you

Especially since those AU eps are just teasers for the shippers, that's my main reason for them annoying me. LOL.
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Me!! I don't really care how many times an AU or AT Sam and/or Jack kiss. I don't find it shippy at all (I do find Sam's reaction to that kiss, OTOH, shippy) This is also true for hallucinations, which is why the Grace kiss doesn't do a lot for me, either.. except in so far as it illustrates what Sam wants. However, since it turns out to be what she's too afraid to go after... it fall flat there, too. You'll notice I never use an AU pic as if it were really Sam/Jack in any of my sigs for that very reason.

So, no. You're not alone at all.

But (as discussed recently here), I'm such a purest that I generally don't even read AU fics that contradict canon because those aren't *our* Sam and Jack either. But to each his or her own

Comment

I'm completely with you on this! While i think that AU can be interesting, and only helps to point to the fact that *our* Sam and Jack do belong together, those aren't our Sam and Jack so its just not the same to me
                      sigpic
                      thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Or, it could have just given him an education. Poor guy--hasn't his dry spell been longer than O'Neill's?
                        Well, in the time period between Sha're and Vala, there was (and this is as bad in its own way as the O'Neill/Kynthia "incident") Hathor () and the youthened version of Linnea (also ), so Daniel's track record with women is almost as bad as Sam's is with men.

Comment

Or, it could have just given him an education. Poor guy--hasn't his dry spell been longer than O'Neill's?
                          speaking of which...

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but John (my husband) had this 'contest' going on in his head during the original airing of SG1 on which of the guys got laid the most (men!). Well, it included Sam, too, but he was mainly interested in the guys. Anyway... by his reckoning, Jack was *way* behind by Threads, with Sam sort of running neck-n-neck with the others. Then, when Sam showed up on the monitor with that big smile on her face while talking to Cam in Origin, John said, "Well. Game over then. Sam and Jack tied... but I think they cheated..."

lol

Of course, Sam and Jack didn't *actually* tie.. but relatively speaking, I'm sure their numbers are now very, very close

(John's next comment, btw, was "Of course she's not gonna come back. She's too busy sleeping with her General...)
                          Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Well, in the time period between Sha're and Vala, there was (and this is as bad in its own way as the O'Neill/Kynthia "incident") Hathor () and the youthened version of Linnea (also ), so Daniel's track record with women is almost as bad as Sam's is with men.
                          So is Teal'cs, if you think about it...

Comment

I can't read the AU fics either. I just don't get into them. Again the Teal'c reasoning is the most obvious reason. As great as the writing is sometimes, it's not OUR Sam and Jack.
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

(spoilered for length)
                              Spoiler:

This wasn't her Jack.

Ok!

Who are you and what have you done with Amanda!

**activates zat**

Seriously. Wonderful stuff girl.

Strange, there's not me in that list... And I became a penguin right before I joined the S.H.I.P.

Anyways Valerie I think nell might be the person to ask about being on that list.

Beautiful angst Amanda. Now if there was some fluff to back up all that sadness...

Exactly what I told her. We may be going into fluff withdrawal

**folds arms and taps foot impatiently while looking in Amanda's direction**

Another revelation this time from BtS.

jack: I dreamed about mining... Nekkid.

Sam stares...

silence

Daniel: Thera?

Sam: ... uhm... *tries to focus* ...

and can we blame her
                              sigpic
                              sig by Mada
                              As a matter of FIC

Comment

I think that's probably the point of the AU stuff--as warnings or "what coulda been" stuff. The only time they've shown AU is as a way of foreshadowing things that will happen if SG-1 doesn't get a move on. The AU Jack/Sam stuff is just in there to mess with our brains. Mean PTB Mean PTB!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X