No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or, it could have just given him an education. Poor guy--hasn't his dry spell been longer than O'Neill's?
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Daniel/Sam: Just no...They're like brother/sister... Otherwise I think the others have explained it very well. No need to anything...

Originally posted by ddc View Post
      Maybe because Jack claims he doesn't have a desk. More likely is that Jack's office is the same sort of basic office we see as Sheppard's in "The Return" - fairly small; standard issue desk, filing cabinet, etc; no interseting doohickeys. Much more interesting in Sam and Daniel's labs - larger, lots of things to fiddle with.
      *blinks* but I thought Jack's office was for Sam's and Jack's fantasies...*cough* Nevermind.

But I agree the offices of Sam and Daniel are more interesting because of the things in it. They almost live in them thus there are many...doohickeys...there.
      Still I would have loved to see another location as well...the ramp of the gateroom for example Just kidding.

So...why is the thread so quiet today?
      sigpic

Comment

Hi y'all

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        I really don't. He was still very much in love with Sha're when they first met, and really by the time she was out of the picture I think his relationship with Sam had become very solidly sibling-like already.
        Good point.

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
        I think that its possible, but IMHO i dont think so since he was probably still in love Sha're at that point. it takes awhile for a borther/sister relationship to develop, as it does with any relationship and couple that with the fact that sam is an attractive woman, by any standards and i think thats where you get the broca divide response from. daniel may have just been aware of how good-looking sam was and kidding in a way that jack shouldnt complain an incredibly inteligent and goreous woman like sam did try to seduce him. then again its also possible that daniel was probably just trying to process the idea that sam tried to seduce jack in general.

I'm not really sure how jack would have reacted had anything evolved between daniel and sam. my guess would be that he wouldnt do anything to intervene and get her for himself since him and sam were not technically free to be together if he did admit his feelings about her due to the chain of command rules and just let Sam be happy, if indeed she was happy with daniel. but other than that *shrugs* i can't really say. im sure somebody else will have a better clue.
        Sounds good.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        Hey! I'm back! How are ya, family?! Any news? Any new news? Shipfirmation??? Huh? Huh?

I'm back, there should be cake.

And...just 'cause I miss him. Hammond of Texax *Bra'tac-style head swoop*
        Welcome home Pol **bear.. er... penguin hugs Pol**

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
        YAY! Pol is back! *hugs* Because I had another idea for an Embrace Me today.

Cake you say?

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...andom/cake.jpg

Oooooo!

That is kwel!!!!

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        I stand corrected LOL

I second Jenn's statement. Do I think he recognized her as attractive? Sure. So in a way he's looking at Jack saying "You got jumped by a beautiful woman? How pitiful for you." LOL
        Agreed.

Hehe. My sister in law made it for me for my 16th birthday.

Finally finished writing one of my fics. It's all nice and angsty for those of you that like angst. It's a Continuum tag. (So you know...Canon-ish. )

The Christmas Without Jack O'Neill

Sorry, Twilight that you didn't get a chance to beta it. I just wanted to get it done and posted before I changed my mind.

Edit- Holy...! I'm the only one on the thread! Oh...that's because it's almost 3 am my time...
        Yay!! Amanda fic. **saves for later**

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
        I'll agree with the others that I think Daniel was still in love with Sha're for the most part of his early time on the team. So I don't think he looked at Sam as anything but a good friend.

By the time Sha're died it's fairly obvious Sam and Jack are developing something and although I think Daniel acts clueless about it sometimes, I don't think he is clueless about it (he's the anthropologist in the team after all and I think his assumption that it was Sam who made a move on Jack in D&C is actually a hint that he *knows*).

But I always think Daniel maybe wonders occasionally. Sam is a beautiful woman, intelligent and they're good friends. I can see him occasionally thinking in theory they should be good together - especially at the beginning of S7 when he really has no memory of previous dynamics and is meeting Sam for the first time again (he evens asks her if I recall correctly). In the main though, I can't see Daniel doing anything with the thoughts that he might be attracted to Sam because like I say, I think he's all too aware of the state of play between Sam and Jack, and wouldn't want to hurt either of them by getting in the middle of it.

How would Jack respond? Overall, I think he would just accept it very much as he did with Pete and try to be happy Sam was happy especially because I think Jack thinks that someone like Daniel is who Sam should and would end up with. I can see however his friendship with Daniel cooling a little. Perhaps not immediately or overtly but definitely over time.

I have a fic which kind of considered the question - Rifts and Chasms. It involves a AU Daniel turning up who was married to Sam - and how our Sam and Jack responded to the idea.
        Very well said Rachael. I think you hit all the points. Daniel did recognize some connection with Sam when he practically asked her if they had been together, but it was the genuine platonic love they both feel for each other that he was picking up on.

It would be interesting to see how Jack would have responded had the tables been turned with him in Daniel's position and Sam having that conversation with him.

I'm sure there were fleeting moments when Daniel looked at Sam and recognized her as a woman and not just a friend, all those years how could he not, but I don't think he ever really seriously considered pursuing it.

After all, Daniel knows, like we all do that there is only OTP
        sigpic
        sig by Mada
        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Hehe. My sister in law made it for me for my 16th birthday.

Finally finished writing one of my fics. It's all nice and angsty for those of you that like angst. It's a Continuum tag. (So you know...Canon-ish. )

The Christmas Without Jack O'Neill

Sorry, Twilight that you didn't get a chance to beta it. I just wanted to get it done and posted before I changed my mind.

Edit- Holy...! I'm the only one on the thread! Oh...that's because it's almost 3 am my time...

Super angsty Amanda *grabs tissue*
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
            Super angsty Amanda *grabs tissue*

*points at Jenn and Twilight* Blame them!

I haven't written a nice fluffy fic in forever...

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

OK,
              I know I've been here for awhile, and this is an extremely newbie question but.

Do you sign up to be a member of MOP, or are you automatically made a member when you post on this thread for long enough???

Sorry if this is sooooooooooooo newbie, I was gonna ask so many times before, but I just kept forgetting.

Oh, and if not, I would like to be a member
              sigpic

Comment

*points at Jenn and Twilight* Blame them!

I haven't written a nice fluffy fic in forever...

That's ok cause it's good angst, but maybe we need a fluff to balance it off.

**is hopeful**
                sigpic
                sig by Mada
                As a matter of FIC

Comment

*grabs food and sits and waits*

Done yet?

I guess while you type away at whatever you're writing. *chants* please let it be an EM, please let it be an EM, please let it be an EM, I suppose I should at least try to finish one of the 4 fics started on my computer.
                  *prods Amanda with a Swordfish*
                  sigpic

Comment

*pops in*

Just dropping off equal parts Angst and Fluff...

Snurchable, but please credit me if you use.

*sneaks back out*
                    sigpic

Comment

mmmm lovely sweet angst Can't get better than that
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        Oh! Very nice.

Loved how you one against the other.

Great job!
                        sigpic
                        sig by Mada
                        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                          OK,
                          I know I've been here for awhile, and this is an extremely newbie question but.

Do you sign up to be a member of MOP, or are you automatically made a member when you post on this thread for long enough???

Sorry if this is sooooooooooooo newbie, I was gonna ask so many times before, but I just kept forgetting.

Oh, and if not, I would like to be a member
                          I don't know if I'm the right person to answer this but I don't think that MOP is still active.

It was a campaign we held one year(or 2?) ago to get our confirmation from TPTB. This was just before/during or after Continuum came in the stores(I think). We made all kind of stuff at the time for the MOP and send it. It was just a campaign. It's on non-active atm.

I have no idea if you can still become a member, but I'm sure someone will put you on a list(if we still have one) somewhere.

Told ya, I'm probably not the right person to answer the question...but I tried

Someone feel like watching an episode tonight?
                          sigpic

Comment

MOP is no longer in active duty. The site is still up with all the pretty art, though. We had a blast.
                            sigpic

Comment

I wrote a comment fic over on the Live Journal community sj_everyday, and I figured I'd share it here to.

It was in response to this picture. And it's angsty.

(spoilered for length)
                              Spoiler:

It finally struck her in an instant of stark clarity. She'd known it all along but only now did it hit her.

This wasn't her Jack.

This Jack hadn't flirted with her at their first meeting. Hadn't asked her out to lunch shortly after that. Hadn't kissed her long and deep on her porch after their first official date. Hadn't married her nearly a year later.

He wasn't the one that had wrapped his arms around her late at night, his lips placing a small kiss at the back of her neck. He wasn't the one that she'd been planning to have children with.

He wasn't the one that brown eyes had turned lifeless and dull right before he had crumbled into her arms.

Her eyes filled with tears and she heard his softly whispered "Come here."

This might not be her Jack...but he looked so much like him. Those were the same mocha brown eyes that would look at her with tenderness. The same salt and pepper brown hair that she'd run her fingers through. The same lips that she'd pull down to meet hers. The same smile that could make her knees grow weak. The same arms that would tenderly cradle her late at night. The same aftershave that she'd smell every morning after he shaved.

"Oh, I miss him," she chocked out.

His arms held her and just for a moment, she allowed herself to imagine that this was her Jack. The Jack who knew and loved her.

The Jack that she'd never see again.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                MOP is no longer in active duty. The site is still up with all the pretty art, though. We had a blast.
                                Strange, there's not me in that list... And I became a penguin right before I joined the S.H.I.P.

Anyways Valerie I think nell might be the person to ask about being on that list.

I wrote a comment fic over on the Live Journal community sj_everyday, and I figured I'd share it here to.

It was in response to this picture. And it's angsty.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...-3x06-2496.jpg

(spoilered for length)
                                Spoiler:

It finally struck her in an instant of stark clarity. She'd known it all along but only now did it hit her.

This wasn't her Jack.

This Jack hadn't flirted with her at their first meeting. Hadn't asked her out to lunch shortly after that. Hadn't kissed her long and deep on her porch after their first official date. Hadn't married her nearly a year later.

He wasn't the one that had wrapped his arms around her late at night, his lips placing a small kiss at the back of her neck. He wasn't the one that she'd been planning to have children with.

He wasn't the one that brown eyes had turned lifeless and dull right before he had crumbled into her arms.

Her eyes filled with tears and she heard his softly whispered "Come here."

This might not be her Jack...but he looked so much like him. Those were the same mocha brown eyes that would look at her with tenderness. The same salt and pepper brown hair that she'd run her fingers through. The same lips that she'd pull down to meet hers. The same smile that could make her knees grow weak. The same arms that would tenderly cradle her late at night. The same aftershave that she'd smell every morning after he shaved.

"Oh, I miss him," she chocked out.

His arms held her and just for a moment, she allowed herself to imagine that this was her Jack. The Jack who knew and loved her.

The Jack that she'd never see again.
                                Beautiful angst Amanda. Now if there was some fluff to back up all that sadness...
                                sigpic
                                Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Working...
                                X