• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT School:
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    School OT
    What's funnier is I want to torture myself more. I got a BA in Spanish but I've always been more of a math/science person (long, long, long story as to how I ended up in Spanish) and so hopefully in the next couple years I'm going to go back and get my BS in Physics (which is what I wanted originally - again... long story, let's just say I think Calculus is FUN!)
    Which calls to mind my senior year Biophysical Chemistry course. It was, of course, all Calculus...

With a name like Biophysical Chemistry, it's got to be fun....

EDIT: If 3mg of the leaf burn completely to leave 1 mg of residue... what color were the plant's beans?

Yeah. Good times.

Comment

School OT
      Spoiler:
      What's funnier is I want to torture myself more. I got a BA in Spanish but I've always been more of a math/science person (long, long, long story as to how I ended up in Spanish) and so hopefully in the next couple years I'm going to go back and get my BS in Physics (which is what I wanted originally - again... long story, let's just say I think Calculus is FUN!)

And this is the look Jack would give Sam the moment she said something like that:

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p...Redemption.jpg
      I know that look!
      School and parenting
      Spoiler:
      I got that same look from my son when I, trying to encourage him to keep working at the really hard assignments in college and to take higher math even if he didn't think he'd use it, told him how thrilling it was for me to work out calculus problems long-hand, many pages long.

Comment

Bren - it's like I once said... Sam made life altering decisions while trapped, alone, with a concussion. The only thing she could have done worse was had a bottle of tequila, followed by vodka, and then maybe gotten high.

Of course then she probably would be in rehab and thus never have met Pete.

So it would have worked out in the end.

Not that I'm advocating alcoholism, getting drunk, or drug use.
        I am!
        Seriously, there's been at least two occasions in the last year when a litre of brandy shared with my best mate has been all that's got us through the toughest of emotional times. It doesn't help in the long run but it certainly takes the edge off if only for a moment.

UhSir, since Cyberspace has gobbled up my MQ, are you talking about the music when they arrive (which sounds a bit like a variation of "In The Mood") or the music when they are dancing (which sounds a bit like a variation of "In a Sentimental Mood") but neither of which is exactly that song? My guess is that it's original music written to emulate the style of Glen Miller/big band stuff of that era.

Having said that, my little foray into investigating it lead me to discover one interesting thing. While dancing with Pete, Sam Says "This is great" which she again says later when fishing with Jack. You know, she doesn't sound half and sincere or happy when she says it here. I'm just saying...

(Actually, for those who can bear it, go back and watch that scene and see just how happy Sam doesn't look in it. )

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        Well...

Jack being Jack, when he *finally* (because Sam was so miserable she had no choice) saw her standing there on his back deck, she didn't even have to clearly express the "I love you I need you Do you still love me Don't leave me" for him to understand it, overcome his own fears in full realization of her fear and pain, and to come through with flying colors.

((Jack))

That's my world and I'm living in it.
        You know, last night I think one of your stenos escaped and came and bit me on the b...arm. Because I woke up this morning with an odd "what if" scenario in my head. What if Sam had actually finished what she started to say - at least got as far as "I'm in love with you" and then Kerry had walked out the house (not having overheard). Oh the angsty places my mind went with that.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
          Having said that, my little foray into investigating it lead me to discover one interesting thing. While dancing with Pete, Sam Says "This is great" which she again says later when fishing with Jack. You know, she doesn't sound half and sincere or happy when she says it here. I'm just saying...

(Actually, for those who can bear it, go back and watch that scene and see just how happy Sam doesn't look in it. )
          I adore that dancing scene... because Sam absolutely does not look happy... She's trying to act happy, which is entirely different. The only times she really looks happy in that ep, imho, are a bit at the very beginning drinking coffee, when they're walking in the park and talking about the movies, and then at the very, very end. Otherwise she looks vaguely uneasy and uncomfortable...

There's a clue right there, hun. ((Sam)) /knocks her upside the head

Comment

BREN!!! - I pointed it out in my Jack Looks!! :: hunts for pictures :: Pictures makes everything SOOOO much easier...

Spoiler:

I find it interesting that from the moment Sam gets in the elevator Jack attempts to maintain a neutral expression and look everywhere except at her. Normally he takes advantage of these moments. I suspect that given his emotional reaction in "Grace" he's been slapped on the wrist so to speak. He's been forced to face the fact that the emotions he suffered from three years ago are still as deep as ever... of course... as the elevator goes we see that forced distance through their conversation about Sam's humming...

I want to also point out that yet again that although they aren't facing each other, they're still mirroring. Jack tries so hard in these scenes to look like he doesn't care, but his eyes always betray him. He's just not as hard as he perhaps once was.

Wow. Those 100 Looks come in handy
            This was great Twilight and I'd like to point out one other thing: when Sam reaches across to push the button, Jack sniffs her! I'm not taking credit for discovering it-I can't remember who it was-did it. Does anyone have the gif?
            sigpic
            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              UhSir, since Cyberspace has gobbled up my MQ, are you talking about the music when they arrive (which sounds a bit like a variation of "In The Mood") or the music when they are dancing (which sounds a bit like a variation of "In a Sentimental Mood") but neither of which is exactly that song? My guess is that it's original music written to emulate the style of Glen Miller/big band stuff of that era.

When they are dancing. And I'll bet you're right. I'll check that out. Thanks.

Not only watch that scene, but watch each of the Pete episodes one after the other. Mute the sound and fast-forward through the other stories. Sam does a lot of struggling.

Comment

Bren - it's like I once said... Sam made life altering decisions while trapped, alone, with a concussion. The only thing she could have done worse was had a bottle of tequila, followed by vodka, and then maybe gotten high.

*blinks* It does sounds better than Pete though

Just kidding.

OT school:
                Spoiler:
                Y'all like Chem and Math*blinks*

I think I should leave now *huggles her Economics and subjects about different cultures*

I'm not a language person and not a maths/calculating person...I try something in between

*goes further with her schoolsite*
                sigpic

Comment

I figured while I'm listening to the song I might as well cap it.

Warning: pics of Sam dancing with Pete.
                  Spoiler:
                  This is great.
                  It's nice to know people still stay together no matter what. Isn't it?

POW!!! That was a dagger straight to the heart.

Sam fights to keep the smile on her face.

And loses.

EDIT: My way of seeing it is that after Pete's remark Sam couldn't help but think about Jack... and herself... and what they have together... together no matter what. Oh the angst!!!
                  Last edited by UhSir; 10 January 2010, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                    I have never interpreted Jack's reaction to Sam calling him by name as a reprimand from him. What I see is Jack being surprised and giving a reflex response asking for confirmation of what he thought he'd heard followed by Sam realizing where she was and correcting herself.

Just the usual misinterpreting of mixed signals.
                    Originally posted by trupi View Post
                    I with you on this. After what Sam endured the last couple days, he was going to reprimand her,for calling him his first name???? He was so happy to get her back, I find that improbable. I don't care how much space he wants to between him and Sam, she's his comrade and friend first.
                    I agree with both of the above comments. I've never seen that particular scene as Jack shutting Sam down or reprimanding her for calling him "Jack". In my opinion, he was just surprised to hear her say his name instead of "sir", and he reacted to that. I think she could have called him "Homer" or "hey you" or some other off-the-wall name and he would have been fine with it, so long as she just woke up and spoke to him.

Comment

ROFL!!! Aww man Twilight, I had to reread that a few times to make sure that what you said was what I was thinking you said. And then I cracked up. WISH I could have greened you...made my day.

Well...

Jack being Jack, when he *finally* (because Sam was so miserable she had no choice) saw her standing there on his back deck, she didn't even have to clearly express the "I love you I need you Do you still love me Don't leave me" for him to understand it, overcome his own fears in full realization of her fear and pain, and to come through with flying colors.
                      ((Jack))

That's my world and I'm living in it.
                      Woot! You know...and sometimes this kind of knocks me over the head...but I love how even when they try to move on...it doesn't work. Sam even goes so far as getting engaged, it's not a passing thing for S/J...it's Always.

I adore that dancing scene... because Sam absolutely does not look happy... She's trying to act happy, which is entirely different. The only times she really looks happy in that ep, imho, are a bit at the very beginning drinking coffee, when they're walking in the park and talking about the movies, and then at the very, very end. Otherwise she looks vaguely uneasy and uncomfortable...

There's a clue right there, hun. ((Sam)) /knocks her upside the head
                      *nods* Yup

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I agree with both of the above comments. I've never seen that particular scene as Jack shutting Sam down or reprimanding her for calling him "Jack". In my opinion, he was just surprised to hear her say his name instead of "sir", and he reacted to that. I think she could have called him "Homer" or "hey you" or some other off-the-wall name and he would have been fine with it, so long as she just woke up and spoke to him.
                      Also agree with this!

So today I went to see a friends orchestra thing, and I thought about how nice it was to go and see it...and then thought of I wonder if maybe Jack would take her some place like that...just for a night out to suprise her, instead of just staying in (though I'm sure he'd love to stay in anyway! )

Yes, a plot bunny has hit me.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                        Being a fan requires one thing: devotion to a subject. Devotion such as someone who, when their cable provider removed SciFi from the basic lineup, asked me to record the episodes for them so they could keep watching because they couldn't afford to pay for the premium service.

We... are fanatics. We would have sold our souls to pay for the premium service just to keep watching this one show.
                        Tell me about it. The one and only reason I even have tv is for about 5 shows throughout the year.
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

loved this post
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                            This was great Twilight and I'd like to point out one other thing: when Sam reaches across to push the button, Jack sniffs her! I'm not taking credit for discovering it-I can't remember who it was-did it. Does anyone have the gif?
                            The sniff gif...

sigpic

Comment

I wonder what my profs would say if they knew I was putting this much effort into this... probably that I should have put that much effort into their very boring research paper assignments.

This is more fun.

And you know what sucks? That if I had been into this back in college I so could have written my Senior Thesis on this. Really, my prof would have been totally cool with it. :: headdesk :: Instead I wrote about an obscure dead language group. All the sources were in Spanish. And there like five books total. :: starts to have horrible flashbacks ::

School OT
                              Spoiler:

And this is the look Jack would give Sam the moment she said something like that:

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p...Redemption.jpg
                              you have very strange ideas about fun....

Comment

Hi, Ship Family!!!

Just a quick post to tell you I haven't felt very talkative lately. I seem to be on an art kick, and I've already created 9 things for Valenship!!!

But I'll be back in a couple of days...promise. In the meantime, I was just dropping by to tell you all that I love ya...and that I've invited a great new S/J author, AkamaiMom, to join us here. I hope she'll be stopping by soon! If you haven't read any of her stuff yet, it's here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2104107/

Hugs to all!

Comment

Working...
                                X