Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post

Thoughts on Jacob, Jonas, Jack, and Pete (J...J...J...P...???)

Spoiler:

Overall I think that Sam's dating Pete is, like life, complicated with a lot of different aspects. With my previous discussion contrasting Pete with the previous men in her life, I'm only pulling out one side of the reasoning. Humans are multi-faceted and many of our decisions are an entanglement of personality, previous experiences, future hopes, and current circumstances.

We don't know a lot about Jacob prior to "Secrets" - but the way he attempts to interfere with Sam's life, her exasperation with him, leads me to believe he was more controlling than post-Selmak. Somewhere along the way Sam learned to stand on her own two feet and pull away from her father, but it's clear that she still struggles to please him to some degree (I think it pains her that she can't tell him what she's doing, she wants him to TRUST her that she's doing what she wants and that it's amazing). She even comments that she knew that he would make it about him at some point. Jacob was a military man - he was emotionally distant from his family while still trying to control what they did (I'm sure that Sam's mother's death was the beginning of the rift for Mark/Jacob, but that Jacob's continued lack of emotional & physical presence created further resentment).

So in walks Jonas. While Jonas is certainly extreme - emotionally abusive, he unfortunately shares that controlling quality that her father has. I just imagine that Sam meets him, he's charming, and they date. She lets the relationship continue and doesn't read the warning signs because she's used to her father giving "orders" and dictating her life so to speak. Between her studies (which were no doubt intense) and her AF requirements she probably didn't quite realize what she'd gotten herself into until it was too late. Judging from the way she reacted in "First Commandment" he had some psychological power over her. Much like her father (although as I said in a more extreme way) - he also again, tried to plan her future (I mean, he wanted her to stay and be his goddess FCOL). I'm going to say he was probably emotionally distant as well.

Enter Jack. We know he's emotionally distant. He doesn't talk about how he feels and he avoids rocking the emotional boat. Jack was never abusive (neither was Jacob), but he holds a position of power in her life. He tells her what to do as her commander. While he would never dictate Sam's life... she doesn't know that. Up to Season 7, he's been her boss, telling her what to do when to do it and like a good officer she follows his orders. Not only to Sam and Jack have amazing chemistry, but I have to wonder if her attraction to him was also rooted in the "type" of man she had thus far had in her life.

When she meets Pete this is the first real relationship she's had where *she's* in the position of power. She has the cooler job. She's the one being pursued. I have to believe that while it irritates the hell out of us that he stalked her, if you take a look at Sam's track record, it's believable that she could overlook it. That Pete apologizes must play a part in her brain of sealing his place of being a "good guy" in her mind. Pete has some controlling qualities (buying the house, talking about a dog, etc) - but I think Pete would have backed off if Sam had said anything. I think her relationship with Pete taught her to do what she had only really started to do in "Secrets" and through dumping Jonas - have confidence, go for what you want, don't worry what everyone else will think - stop being a freaking people pleaser.

That last line is why I think it's HUGE what Jacob tells her in "Threads". He's telling her not to settle... and I think by the time we get to Season 8 Sam knows that Jack isn't like Jacob or Jonas. He may give her orders in the field but he never stands in her way. He shows confidence in her decisions and trusts her. THAT'S what sets him apart from (early)Jacob, Jonas, and Pete. JJ&P tried to form Sam into their ideal... and Jack sees Sam as she is and *that* his ideal

But until we get to "Threads" I think she sees Pete as the opposite of JJ&J - he's emotionally/physically present, doesn't hold the power in the relationship (again, I think if she had actually told him what she wanted with the house, he wouldn't have done it), and he behaved differently... but... he didn't know her, he didn't trust her... and that is the ultimate thing that set's Jack apart from him, Jacob, and Jonas (and in the alternate timeline, Joe - who also tried to control her...)

I still don't fully understand how this green works and I can't green you from some reason and I wanted to. Oh, anyway, that's great analysis!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
      You have a plotline!

Darn.

I'm still debating mine. I still have three possibles. And I am so not, repeat not, writing three fics.

At the moment, the baby!fic is slightly ahead of the stranded!fic which is ahead of the secret!fic in terms of outline...
      I love stranded!fic because it is the scariest thing about the Stargate - going through, not know what you'll find and perhaps never getting back home. And so a writer can explore the unknown (physical, mental, emotional) of our characters and of their new environment.
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
        I still don't fully understand how this green works and I can't green you from some reason and I wanted to. Oh, anyway, that's great analysis!
        Well when you like the post you can green me... however... you have to spread the green around before you can green me again. This is why we joke about "virtual" green

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
          Well when you like the post you can green me... however... you have to spread the green around before you can green me again. This is why we joke about "virtual" green
          Ok, virtual green, here it comes! llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
          Last edited by kusanagi; 10 January 2010, 08:48 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            Which I go into more detail in my fic Fear, the reason I wrote it being, really, to clarify Sam's journey through S7 and S8 for myself as well as anyone else who agreed with me
            Count me in!

I read it late last night, and... well..... for the first time since that fateful day Assininity Affinity first aired, I think... I... get... it.

I still do not like it. Not one teeny tiny bit. And *that* particular character still does not exist in my Shippy universe. Just so we're clear.

But for those rare occasions when I pay reality a visit... At least in makes some sort of sense now.

After sleeping on it, I'm still of the mind that all that P...... trouble began the moment Sam woke up in the infirmary at the end of Grace. I've said it before, and I have no doubt I'll repeat myself in the future: If Jack had replied, "Hey, Sam!" after she called out his given name, there would have been no arc. No need for the arc.

They *could* have taken the more challenging route of Sam tackling those fears head-on starting right then and there, with Jack by her side through it all. Not saying they'd have started going *fishing* at that point, mind you, but the shift in the dynamics of their relationship could have turned toward the Shippy direction without yet crossing those Regs-lines. And even if they had started taking baby steps towards a more personal relationship at that point, I could quite easily see it taking another year, all the way to Threads and losing Dad, for her to finally be ready to really take that big step over the proverbial line in the sand and go *Fishing* with Jack. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.... *That* is the great big AU-monster-fic I will someday tackle. (But first I've got to do something about this really noisy PlotBunny that's been screaming at me since it escaped the cages last night... for a story I never thought I'd write... a sequel... I don't do sequels... but if I were ever to break that 'rule', this would be the story I'd do it for--my one and only awards-winning fic, "Falling Through Grace"...)

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
            But given that nobody really knows how time travel works, I think I'm safe in saying that we both could be completely wrong.
            Or you could both be right.

I have to spread the whipping cream green apparently. But nice fic.
            ROFLMAO! Now that's what I call spreading the *love*!

Great vid. I haven't yet worked out how to leave comments on YouTube without having to open an account I have no interest in opening so... again would green but apparently I need to spread the love.
            As far as I know... there is no way to leave comments without an account. I actually have two, the first one that I opened just so that I could rate and leave comments... but I lost the password, so when I was ready to start uploading my own vids, I had to set up a new one.

Anyway, THANKS! Glad you liked! I've already watched it again twice this morning myself, lol, and I haven't even been up a full hour! How's that for narcissistic Shipping?

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            nooooooooooooooo.....Where would we get an idea like that
            Hmmm... maybe the six-grabbing captions? Or perhaps all those times I locked Sam & Jack up in the storage room on level 32? No, wait. I know what did it!

Spoiler:

Twelve Days of Shipmas

On the first day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
            A Kiss!

On the second day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
            Two tender hugs,
            And a Kiss!

On the third day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
            Three AU love scenes,
            Two tender hugs,
            And a Kiss!

On the fourth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
            Fourth Season ShipFest,
            Three AU love scenes,
            Two tender hugs,
            And a Kiss!

On the fifth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
            A Five-second Dip Kiss!
            More Fourth Season ShipFest,
            Three AU love scenes,
            Two tender hugs,
            And a Kiss!

On the sixth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
            Six-grabbing captions,
            Five seconds of dip kissing!
            More Fourth Season Shippiness,
            Three AU love scenes,
            Two tender hugs,
            And a Kiss!

On the seventh day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
            Seven storage closets,
            Six-grabbing captions,
            Jack dips and kisses!
            Time loops, memory stamps, both in withdrawal,
            Three AU love scenes,
            Two tender hugs,
            And a Kiss!

On the eighth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
            Eighth years of UST,
            Seven storage closets,
            Six-grabbing captions,
            She Kissed Him Back!
            Jack cares more than he’s supposed to…
            Three AU love scenes,
            Two tender hugs,
            And a Kiss!

On the ninth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
            Nine P3X-595 fics,
            Eighth years of UST,
            Seven storage closets,
            Six-grabbing captions,
            Wow. They’re still kissing. Joe wasn’t kidding when he said that was just the tip of the iceberg!
            Sam’s still got that black-widow curse,
            Three AU love scenes,
            Two tender hugs,
            And a Kiss!

On the tenth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
            Ten Seasons of teasing,
            Nine more P3X-595 fics,
            Eight *long* years of UST,
            Seven storage closets,
            Six-grabbing captions,
            Dip And Kiss.
            Jack had to kill the woman he loves.
            Three AU love scenes,
            Two tender hugs,
            And a Kiss!

On the eleventh day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
            SG-1 Movie Three! (Okay, wishful thinking…)
            Ten long years of ambiguity,
            Nine stacks of fics,
            Eight *LONG* years of UST,
            Seven storage closets,
            Six-grabbing captions,
            Dip! Kiss! Repeat!!
            Season Four, we honor you on Ship Day!
            Three AU love scenes,
            Two tender hugs,
            And a Kiss!

On the twelfth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
            Twelve convenient alien influence excuses,
            Spoilers for SG-1 Movie Three? Please?!
            Ten years of Shipping deserves some pay-off, don’t you think?
            Nine thousand fanfics devoured,
            Eight long, strange, wild, frustrating, captivating, heart-breaking years of Unresolved Sexual Tension,
            Seven storage closets,
            Six-grabbing captions,
            “So I can do this.” Shipper Bliss!
            Season Four’s ShipFest rocked us all!
            Three meant-to-be AU love scenes,
            Two tender hugs,
            And a Kiss as Sam and Jack go *FISHING*!!!!!!

Yup, that's gotta be it.
            Love and hot fudge,
            Bren Ren
            ~
            My stories!
            ~

sigpic

Comment

Bren - it's like I once said... Sam made life altering decisions while trapped, alone, with a concussion. The only thing she could have done worse was had a bottle of tequila, followed by vodka, and then maybe gotten high.

Of course then she probably would be in rehab and thus never have met Pete.

So it would have worked out in the end.

Not that I'm advocating alcoholism, getting drunk, or drug use.

Comment

I wanted to take a look, actually listen, to the Sam/Pete dancing scene to see what song is playing. I have a little bug chewing on my brain about it. I'm convinced it is relevent to the whole Jack/Sam/Pete thing or at the very least Sam/Pete. I've heard the song before, I grew up hearing a lot of big band (through my parents' love for it, I'm not that old ) but I suck at knowing titles and artists even for today's music. Does anyone know what song it is? I'm surprised they didn't note it in the credits. I thought they had to do that.

Also, when I popped in the DVD I went to the scene selections. There are 5 options.
                1. Couples - picture of Sam and Pete at the coffee shop
                2. Conflicting Feelings - picture of Daniel and whats-her-name
                3. Love in Jeopardy - picture of Sam and Pete at the party
                4. Stakeout - picture of Jack, Sam and Teal'c in the truck
                5. The Truth - picture of Sam and Pete when she's telling him about the Stargate program

Number 3 starts with Pete arriving at Sam's house and goes through the date, the bedroom scene and the morning after, up to Pete calling his buddy.

I just thought the subtitle for it is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                  Count me in!

I read it late last night, and... well..... for the first time since that fateful day Assininity Affinity first aired, I think... I... get... it.

I still do not like it. Not one teeny tiny bit. And *that* particular character still does not exist in my Shippy universe. Just so we're clear.

But for those rare occasions when I pay reality a visit... At least in makes some sort of sense now.

After sleeping on it, I'm still of the mind that all that P...... trouble began the moment Sam woke up in the infirmary at the end of Grace. I've said it before, and I have no doubt I'll repeat myself in the future: If Jack had replied, "Hey, Sam!" after she called out his given name, there would have been no arc. No need for the arc.

{{snipped}}
                  But there was a need for the Pete arc. Pete was completely unattached to her life in the Stargate program. In effect, he was an alternate reality in which Sam could explore and experience the "ideal" way of loving someone.

Besides, if they'd taken the route of exploring Sam and Jack at this point it would have become "The Sam and Jack Show" and then every scene with them in it there'd be that 800 pound gorilla in the room. It's fine for us shippers to bring the gorilla with us but for the PTB to do it? No way, nope, not gonna happen.

Comment

Hmmm... maybe the six-grabbing captions? Or perhaps all those times I locked Sam & Jack up in the storage room on level 32? No, wait. I know what did it!

Spoiler:

Twelve Days of Shipmas

On the first day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
                    A Kiss!

On the second day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
                    Two tender hugs,
                    And a Kiss!

On the third day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
                    Three AU love scenes,
                    Two tender hugs,
                    And a Kiss!

On the fourth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
                    Fourth Season ShipFest,
                    Three AU love scenes,
                    Two tender hugs,
                    And a Kiss!

On the fifth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
                    A Five-second Dip Kiss!
                    More Fourth Season ShipFest,
                    Three AU love scenes,
                    Two tender hugs,
                    And a Kiss!

On the sixth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
                    Six-grabbing captions,
                    Five seconds of dip kissing!
                    More Fourth Season Shippiness,
                    Three AU love scenes,
                    Two tender hugs,
                    And a Kiss!

On the seventh day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
                    Seven storage closets,
                    Six-grabbing captions,
                    Jack dips and kisses!
                    Time loops, memory stamps, both in withdrawal,
                    Three AU love scenes,
                    Two tender hugs,
                    And a Kiss!

On the eighth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
                    Eighth years of UST,
                    Seven storage closets,
                    Six-grabbing captions,
                    She Kissed Him Back!
                    Jack cares more than he’s supposed to…
                    Three AU love scenes,
                    Two tender hugs,
                    And a Kiss!

On the ninth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
                    Nine P3X-595 fics,
                    Eighth years of UST,
                    Seven storage closets,
                    Six-grabbing captions,
                    Wow. They’re still kissing. Joe wasn’t kidding when he said that was just the tip of the iceberg!
                    Sam’s still got that black-widow curse,
                    Three AU love scenes,
                    Two tender hugs,
                    And a Kiss!

On the tenth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
                    Ten Seasons of teasing,
                    Nine more P3X-595 fics,
                    Eight *long* years of UST,
                    Seven storage closets,
                    Six-grabbing captions,
                    Dip And Kiss.
                    Jack had to kill the woman he loves.
                    Three AU love scenes,
                    Two tender hugs,
                    And a Kiss!

On the eleventh day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
                    SG-1 Movie Three! (Okay, wishful thinking…)
                    Ten long years of ambiguity,
                    Nine stacks of fics,
                    Eight *LONG* years of UST,
                    Seven storage closets,
                    Six-grabbing captions,
                    Dip! Kiss! Repeat!!
                    Season Four, we honor you on Ship Day!
                    Three AU love scenes,
                    Two tender hugs,
                    And a Kiss!

On the twelfth day of Shipmas, my true love gave to me…
                    Twelve convenient alien influence excuses,
                    Spoilers for SG-1 Movie Three? Please?!
                    Ten years of Shipping deserves some pay-off, don’t you think?
                    Nine thousand fanfics devoured,
                    Eight long, strange, wild, frustrating, captivating, heart-breaking years of Unresolved Sexual Tension,
                    Seven storage closets,
                    Six-grabbing captions,
                    “So I can do this.” Shipper Bliss!
                    Season Four’s ShipFest rocked us all!
                    Three meant-to-be AU love scenes,
                    Two tender hugs,
                    And a Kiss as Sam and Jack go *FISHING*!!!!!!

Yup, that's gotta be it.
                    Or perhaps it was all of the above Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                      I wanted to take a look, actually listen, to the Sam/Pete dancing scene to see what song is playing. I have a little bug chewing on my brain about it. I'm convinced it is relevent to the whole Jack/Sam/Pete thing or at the very least Sam/Pete. I've heard the song before, I grew up hearing a lot of big band (through my parents' love for it, I'm not that old ) but I suck at knowing titles and artists even for today's music. Does anyone know what song it is? I'm surprised they didn't note it in the credits. I thought they had to do that.

Also, when I popped in the DVD I went to the scene selections. There are 5 options.
                      1. Couples - picture of Sam and Pete at the coffee shop
                      2. Conflicting Feelings - picture of Daniel and whats-her-name
                      3. Love in Jeopardy - picture of Sam and Pete at the party
                      4. Stakeout - picture of Jack, Sam and Teal'c in the truck
                      5. The Truth - picture of Sam and Pete when she's telling him about the Stargate program

Number 3 starts with Pete arriving at Sam's house and goes through the date, the bedroom scene and the morning after, up to Pete calling his buddy.

I just thought the subtitle for it is interesting.
                      Of course love is in jeopardy. There is another guy in Sam's life and we are all afraid that the only true love is not safe

Well spotted UhSir!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

They *could* have taken the more challenging route of Sam tackling those fears head-on starting right then and there, with Jack by her side through it all. Not saying they'd have started going *fishing* at that point, mind you, but the shift in the dynamics of their relationship could have turned toward the Shippy direction without yet crossing those Regs-lines. And even if they had started taking baby steps towards a more personal relationship at that point, I could quite easily see it taking another year, all the way to Threads and losing Dad, for her to finally be ready to really take that big step over the proverbial line in the sand and go *Fishing* with Jack. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.... *That* is the great big AU-monster-fic I will someday tackle.
                        See, but I think there's a very good reason Jack did what he did in Grace, because he'd been wrestling with his own demons for years. And I think coming close to losing Sam again in Grace, as he had in Entity (and D&C) reawakened those fears and led him to intentionally pull away from her again, realizing he'd again gotten to close (as we see by their renewed flirtatiousness in Evolution).

So we have their two fears dovetailing here, or feeding each other. And it wasn't until the point of Threads that they both finally realized what they had to fear the *most* was losing each other - because they were doing that anyway - without ever having actually *had* each other... Going the safe route hadn't made them happy, or protected from pain, but had in fact resulted in the absolute misery we see them in by the end of Reckoning/beginning of Threads.

Which is the point of the fic I've got going which if I ever get rid of all these Sanctuary stenos (which I've seen coming for weeks) I will get back to . Which will be soon, the amount I've been sleeping

/kicks stenos

EDIT: I should mention that I, too, generally loathe 'the other' scenario. What redeems this one, imho, is that it makes SENSE. Generally, when one person in a ship chooses 'the other' it's like they were suddenly out of their mind and taken over by .. um... Snakes in their brains? But here it's actually built up and, IMHO at least, makes SENSE from a character point of view and flows organically and naturally from long standing fears and the histories of the two characters. And of course there's the additional redemption in that they don't carry it beyond the point of rational sense - it ends with Threads and doesn't go back into a loop with him and Kerry.

Of course, not having been a shipper when watching S7 and S8 initially, I'll grant you I don't have quite the emotional reaction to Pete that some of you do , so I'm possibly coming at this backwards, as it were.
                        Last edited by JenniferJF; 10 January 2010, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          See, but I think there's a very good reason Jack did what he did in Grace, because he'd been wrestling with his own demons for years. And I think coming close to losing Sam again in Grace, as he had in Entity (and D&C) reawakened those fears and led him to intentionally pull away from her again, realizing he'd again gotten to close (as we see by their renewed flirtatiousness in Evolution).

So we have their two fears dovetailing here, or feeding each other. And it wasn't until the point of Threads that they both finally realized what they had to fear the *most* was losing each other - because they were doing that anyway - without ever having actually *had* each other... Going the safe route hadn't made them happy, or protected from pain, but had in fact resulted in the absolute misery we see them in by the end of Reckoning/beginning of Threads.

Which is the point of the fic I've got going which if I ever get rid of all these Sanctuary stenos (which I've seen coming for weeks) I will get back to . Which will be soon, the amount I've been sleeping

/kicks stenos
                          I have never interpreted Jack's reaction to Sam calling him by name as a reprimand from him. What I see is Jack being surprised and giving a reflex response asking for confirmation of what he thought he'd heard followed by Sam realizing where she was and correcting herself.

Just the usual misinterpreting of mixed signals.

Comment

I have never interpreted Jack's reaction to Sam calling him by name as a reprimand from him. What I see is Jack being surprised and giving a reflex response asking for confirmation of what he thought he'd heard followed by Sam realizing where she was and correcting herself.

I know... We have irreconcilable differences on that point based on our very different interpretations of Jack's personality and character . And yet.. no plates thrown! Possibly because we couldn't figure out how to divide Gateworld in the settlement should we divorce.

*hugs Uh!Sir*

Comment

But there was a need for the Pete arc. Pete was completely unattached to her life in the Stargate program. In effect, he was an alternate reality in which Sam could explore and experience the "ideal" way of loving someone.

Besides, if they'd taken the route of exploring Sam and Jack at this point it would have become "The Sam and Jack Show" and then every scene with them in it there'd be that 800 pound gorilla in the room. It's fine for us shippers to bring the gorilla with us but for the PTB to do it? No way, nope, not gonna happen.
                              As opposed to the two-ton elephant in the room ever since D&C -- or the whole ice-planet it had to roam after BtS.

"Become" the Sam & Jack show? You mean that's not what you were watching for 10+ years?

But... I sadly must concur, since how the series played out makes is painfully clear that TPTB would not tackle such a slippery slope.

I still don't think it was a necessary route for Sam up until Grace. This 'need for a life outside the Stargate program' didn't seem to me to be a huge life-issue for her. Yeah, she was thoroughly immersed in her work... but as she said to Jack in Nemesis, that was *fun* for her. Where else could she get her hands on such stimulating doohickeys? <SPLASH!!!> And she obviously had a few non-genius-astrophysicist interests, like rebuilding that wicked old Indian, for one thing.

But... the way Grace played out... That was really the first time I saw Sam struggling with that aspect of her life. But even then, it wasn't so much her being unsatisfied with not having a life outside the SGC as it was about her own personal inner-insecurity demons when it comes to her love-life. She had lost faith in Jack's feelings for her, and she knew deep down what HallucinationDad told her, that she deserves to love someone and be loved back.

So when she woke up in the infirmary and the first thing she saw was Jack at her bedside, with her emotional defenses down, she reached out to him instinctively and called him by his given name--for the first time since Jolinar let her out for a moment in her bid to convince Jack of her honesty, if I recall correctly. Sam, probably the absolute most terrified she's ever been in her entire life, practically screamed out his name and begged him not to leave her. But he did. Of course, he really didn't have much choice; based on their knowledge of the Goa'uld and their lack of knowledge of the Tok'ra, believing her just wasn't an option, no matter how much it tore him apart inside.

Fast forward five-ish years to Grace. She's weakened, vulnerable, and still quite insecure. She calls out his name. And what does Jack do? Same thing he did the last time she'd called him "Jack": he shuts her down. He kept things friendly but professional. And in that moment, she convinced herself that she'd been right, that Jack no longer 'cared about her a lot more than (he's) supposed to.' And so she did the only thing her concussed brain could: she decided to let go and move on.

Of course, that failed even more miserably than her conversation HallucinationJack.

Thank god.
                              Love and hot fudge,
                              Bren Ren
                              ~
                              My stories!
                              ~

sigpic

Comment

I with you on this. After what Sam endured the last couple days, he was going to reprimand her,for calling him his first name???? He was so happy to get her back, I find that improbable. I don't care how much space he wants to between him and Sam, she's his comrade and friend first.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X