Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    Oh gosh! I'd *love* a fic written as if Jack had come with them. The angst of Sam and Jack being split up, and add in Charlie? Oh, that just may satisfy my need for angst for a while!

That would be a great fic! It would be intresting to see how our Jack would meet their Charlie...and a Jack and Sam goodbye would be heartbreaking. Oh, a goodbye kiss...*sigh*...Maybe we should have a fanfic challenge where Jack does go with them. Have a lot of different takes on how and what would happen. It could be angsty fun...anywho...just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      Yes, its called : Revolution.

Not Resolution ?

J/K ...a desperate shipper here!
      sigpic

Comment

Continuum...

Did someone mention time travel?

I actually think time travel/alternate realities is a mainstay of sci-fi writing myself and I love the times Stargate has gone *there* with the exception of Moebius (primarily because we only had 2 more hours of *our universe/timeline Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and Jack* left and I wanted to spend it with them not with alternate timeline versions).

So I understand why some people don't like Continuum. Personally, I really love Continuum as a Stargate movie (I love it heaps more than the Ark of Truth). While it may seem like the characters lose the development of the angst of the time they spend in the year, I think what the year away shows is the journey that our characters have already been on and what is important to them because of the contrast between them in *that* timeline and this.

Focusing on Sam & Jack - we get to see who Jack would have been if Charlie had lived, and it's someone who's so much closer to the Black Ops guy (just without the suicidal note) that went on the first mission; having Charlie in his personal life hasn't rubbed off the hard edges of Jack in his professional life (minds out of the gutter, people!) in ways that *our* team has. It emphasises the importance of the team and by extension Sam is to our evolution of Jack.

And most importantly, we also get to see with Sam that when stripped of everything she loves, the thing she misses most in her life is Jack. That is still relevant when the big reset button is pressed because the Sam who walks away grinning at Jack about a moonbase still has him as the centre of her existence; still would be brought to a standstill if he were to die; still would miss him the most if she lost everything...and that's shippy to me and an important character development point.
        sigpic
        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

*popping in*

Hi from Florida! *waves*

it's 47(F) here & they're expecting snow! I *love* it! Yes!
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
            For all intents and purposes, our SG-1 listened to singing Tok'ra for three hours and then went home.
            But...

But...

They joked, and they flirted together. In uniform. All cute and comfortable without any hint of UST remaining. And then this happened:

It's an *awesome* movie even if you cut out all the stuff that didn't really happen. Which I may have done on a DVD I have

I've also got the final conference table scene in Threads, then the scene at the end of Moebius with them all in Daniel's lab followed by the final real fishing scene edited together on the same DVD cause I don't often really care about watching stuff that didn't really happen, either. Though frequently I will get in a mood to watch all of Continuum for various reasons, but if I just want a shippy shot I watch the edited version

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
              Yeah.

Can't you just see her lying in bed with Jack telling him that she punched Baal.

I'm sure Jack was very proud and rewarded her well
              Demons in the Dark by APA contains a wonderful little bit on that. It's brilliant. *sigh*

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
              It's for the Day of Indulgence. I'm indulging in something I've wanted to write for a while but haven't really thought about b/c it seemed a little... out there... but that's what the Day of Indulgence is all about! And my plot line features a Ba'al/Sam plotline... but it ends S/J... And Jann is all up in arms about it!
              lol. I've got a similar plotline I plan on getting to either after Being There or after the other major steno I've got involving Jack and Jacob and I've been sort of avoiding it for the same reason. It's not Sam/Ba'al, though by any means and as it's fully within canon (of course ) it's probably significantly different than yours. But now I'm thinking if we both at least have come up with that sort of idea maybe - that there's something *there* then it might not be as out there as I thought. Though I should add my Sam/Ba'al idea is *entirely* one-sided.

Comment

It's for the Day of Indulgence. I'm indulging in something I've wanted to write for a while but haven't really thought about b/c it seemed a little... out there... but that's what the Day of Indulgence is all about! And my plot line features a Ba'al/Sam plotline... but it ends S/J... And Jann is all up in arms about it!
                You have a plotline!

Darn.

I'm still debating mine. I still have three possibles. And I am so not, repeat not, writing three fics.

At the moment, the baby!fic is slightly ahead of the stranded!fic which is ahead of the secret!fic in terms of outline...
                sigpic
                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                  Continuum...

Did someone mention time travel?

I actually think time travel/alternate realities is a mainstay of sci-fi writing myself and I love the times Stargate has gone *there* with the exception of Moebius (primarily because we only had 2 more hours of *our universe/timeline Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and Jack* left and I wanted to spend it with them not with alternate timeline versions).

So I understand why some people don't like Continuum. Personally, I really love Continuum as a Stargate movie (I love it heaps more than the Ark of Truth). While it may seem like the characters lose the development of the angst of the time they spend in the year, I think what the year away shows is the journey that our characters have already been on and what is important to them because of the contrast between them in *that* timeline and this.

Focusing on Sam & Jack - we get to see who Jack would have been if Charlie had lived, and it's someone who's so much closer to the Black Ops guy (just without the suicidal note) that went on the first mission; having Charlie in his personal life hasn't rubbed off the hard edges of Jack in his professional life (minds out of the gutter, people!) in ways that *our* team has. It emphasises the importance of the team and by extension Sam is to our evolution of Jack.

And most importantly, we also get to see with Sam that when stripped of everything she loves, the thing she misses most in her life is Jack. That is still relevant when the big reset button is pressed because the Sam who walks away grinning at Jack about a moonbase still has him as the centre of her existence; still would be brought to a standstill if he were to die; still would miss him the most if she lost everything...and that's shippy to me and an important character development point.
                  And that would be *why* I love Continuum.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  *popping in*

Hi from Florida! *waves*

Glad to know you're safely there Pol! But dude even up here in Pennsylvania we're not expecting snow! *long suffering sigh*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

You have a plotline!

Darn.

I'm still debating mine. I still have three possibles. And I am so not, repeat not, writing three fics.

At the moment, the baby!fic is slightly ahead of the stranded!fic which is ahead of the secret!fic in terms of outline...
                    Heh. Same here. My really close-together-Jack's-having-some-issues-()-in -tight-quarters fic idea is slightly ahead of the Screwing (literally!)-the-regs fic for the day of indulgence.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                      lol. I've got a similar plotline I plan on getting to either after Being There or after the other major steno I've got involving Jack and Jacob and I've been sort of avoiding it for the same reason. It's not Sam/Ba'al, though by any means and as it's fully within canon (of course ) it's probably significantly different than yours. But now I'm thinking if we both at least have come up with that sort of idea maybe - that there's something *there* then it might not be as out there as I thought. Though I should add my Sam/Ba'al idea is *entirely* one-sided.
                      Mine's entirely one sided as well but there's some brainwashing that goes on. I've always thought that Ba'al was a Goa'uld with a bit of a softer touch, preferring strategy to all out explosions and who enjoys the finer things in life - including fine women LOL

I can't figure out how to fit it IC because the end implications would be so incredibly different and well I want to end it with S/J LOL

You have a plotline!

Darn.

I vote STRANDED fic. I don't like baby!fics.... LOL

*popping in*

Hi from Florida! *waves*

It's er 5 degrees here and if you wanted snow I would have mailed you some LOL

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                      Heh. Same here. My really close-together-Jack's-having-some-issues-()-in -tight-quarters fic idea is slightly ahead of the Screwing (literally!)-the-regs fic for the day of indulgence.
                      SCREW THE REGS!! WOOHOOO....

Comment

I can't figure out how to fit it IC because the end implications would be so incredibly different and well I want to end it with S/J LOL
                        That's because you have actual plots in which things happen which you make up. I just dance with the events which actually happen, interpreting them and inferring actions and reactions from them. We're doing totally different things, which is why we can both write one and have them be nothing alike.

Comment

That's because you have actual plots in which things happen which you make up. I just dance with the events which actually happen, interpreting them and inferring actions and reactions from them. We're doing totally different things, which is why we can both write one and have them be nothing alike.
                          That's true. But you're right that it does say something that we both get this "vibe" LOL

Comment

Originally posted by babancat View Post
                            Now, I can just imagine her not telling Jack and someone else *Cameron - cough* blurting it out some time later...

*watching the plot bunnies hopping madly and ignores them*
                            I could live with that as well

Don't fight the plot bunny power. It tends to overwhelm you at the most inopportune moments.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            ...but it has evil gutter. EVIL! Wrong! ...really...I got bad memories associated with that gutter...even though Ba'al is...hot...

*cough*

*does that thing to activate the shot gun and loosens the line of the attack dog* I'm immune for Zats...

I'll wait. ....impatiently
                            Evil Gutter

Hmm?

**drops Zat and grabs Staff weapon**

Random Q:

How do you think Jack would have reacted if he found himself in a PoV postion where he had to watch 'his' Sam kiss an AU Jack?

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            Yes, its called : Revolution.

Really?

You're not messing with us are you?

Please say no and we've really got an actual name for our resolution movie

**is hopeful**

*popping in*

Hi from Florida! *waves*

Wonderful!!

Demons in the Dark by APA contains a wonderful little bit on that. It's brilliant. *sigh*
                            Thanks!

You know I'll check it out.

You have a plotline!

Darn.

Oh come on Rachel.

You know you want to.

Write three fics.

What harm could it do.
                            sigpic
                            sig by Mada
                            As a matter of FIC

Comment

*huggles shippers*

Obviously this little shipper has been out of the loop for too long! What is the day of indulgence?
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm always amazed that you all can remember title of fics, their authors, and details of the plotlines! I can barely remember what I had for lunch! Okay, I'm not that bad; while I may not remember titles or authors, I do remember storylines I liked.

And I certainly appreciate all the awesome fics I've been reading lately! (I only read Sam/Jack stories.)
                                sigpic
                                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X