Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    Hmmm...

L&C fanfic was the first fanfic I ever really wrote.... and most of it was online. But you said *good* fanfic, and I was Very Young then so probably not mine lol. Though I've been considering dragging some of it back out if it's better than I suspect it is.

Yeah... That's what my beta said. Only she was a little more demanding

I don't own the stenos. They own me. OTOH, there is a suspicious looking one lurking in *that* corner there I'm a bit concerned about... so stay tuned.
    Regarding the first... PLEASE?!! Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please PPPPPPppppppPPPPPPPlease!

As for the stenos... Go Steno Go! Go Steno Go!!!

Hmmm... Five things Jack learned from Sam...
    Make sure the General's not looking
    when you're six-grabbing.
    Empty closets are much more comfortable.
    When all else fails, remember magnets and reverse the polarity.
    It doesn't count when a time-loop resets the memory.
    If you keep the invitation open, eventually you will go *Fishing*.together.

I'm sure yours are much better. My mind does tend to wander in one General direction...

Love and hot fudge,
    Bren Ren
    ~
    My stories!
    ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
      What an awesomely Shippy way to start the day! Those are some great stories... though I was definitely feeling my age somewhere along the way. (Put it this way, I got my junior-high-sci-gi-shipping start with Riker and Troi on ST TNG. Nuff said.)
      *huggles Bren back*

And wonders if she should mention she'd been tempted to point out earlier she remembers looking forward to the premiere of ST:TNG in her sophomore year of High School... only I know others can be even more.. uhm... impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
        I'm sure yours are much better. My mind does tend to wander in one General direction...

So does Sam's... Only I think we've got that the wrong way 'round.

That's not his mind.. Jenn...

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          So does Sam's... Only I think we've got that the wrong way 'round.

That's not his mind.. Jenn...

I think we've arrived at the middle of this conversation...

{Sorry. Blame that on a Red Dwarf flashback...Oh, those wicked time bubbles...}
          Love and hot fudge,
          Bren Ren
          ~
          My stories!
          ~

sigpic

Comment

Ok here is my story...
            Spoiler:
            First of all I have been a shipper (in general) and a sci-fi fan since I can remember.
            I watched Stargate for the first time just before season 9 started, the worst thing about it though is that I watched the episodes out of order (which is really rare for me) and I refused to watch season 9 (still havent done that ). Of course I saw the ship from the very first episode I watched but I see ships everywhere . After causually watching for a while I moved to a new school and on my second year there I found a friend who was also into Stargate he guided me towards GW but at the time (2008), I had just stopped hanging on POTC forums and had started hanging on Shark forums so I did not get into GW. If I would have noticed the ship section I would be telling a very different story...
            I started watching the earlier seasons avoided watching anything beyond season 8 but I kind of just got separated from Stargate. I appreciated the ship but I was not that hooked.
            Then, I start college and a friend of mine intruduces me to her friend who graduated high school a few years before us. One day we are talking about one of my favorite topics (tv series) and Stargate comes up. We decide to watch all of Stargate with my friend because she hadn't seen any of it.
            I remember I had a GW account and I was curious to see if it got deleted... thankfully it wasn't Then I fell hard for the ship again and so fast too
            I found all the GW threads in which I post and I have continued my rewatch (currently in season 8)
            And the story continues...

Yep so my love for the ship family is new but is BIG I swear
            Last edited by yessika; 05 January 2010, 11:03 AM.
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Hi everyone. Since I'm log on, can I tell you my story as well?

Spoiler:
              So let's start from the beginning: back in '97 I was big and very dedicated X-Files fan and wasn't really interested in other shows. As a sci-fi fan, I was familiar with original Stargate movie (had watched it with my dad some years ago), even enjoyed it but when I heard about SG1 for the first time, I wasn't interested at all. It all changed couple months ago when my boyfriend finally talked me into watching first season. So I watched all of them and really liked it. As far as ship is concerned, well... i won't be popular if i say it, but i'm gonna say it anyway . at the beginning i thought it was just marketing thing, that after such a big success of the x files producers of all tv shows would try to do the same thing: build this sexual tension and illusion of potential relationship between two main characters. Throughout whole first season i just didn't pay attention And than In the Line of Duty happened and I'm here So i guess all sins are forgiven, yeah? am I right? hmmm?
              Last edited by kusanagi; 05 January 2010, 11:54 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                GW Family story:
                {{snipped}}
                and I found YOU (I wish I could find my first post... I'm just deathly curious as to what I said and if it could be used against me in a court of law...).
                {{snipped}}
                Is this what yer lookin' for?

Comment

I'll sing my story!
                  *clears throath*
                  *looks around*
                  In poem?
                  *looks around*

Fine...

How I became an on line poetry writing and squeeing S/J Shipper:

Spoiler:
                  I have been Shipping S/J eversince my brother used me, his sweet little sister to watch the pilot ep of what was once known as ''that new sci-fi show''. The genre wasn't popular in this household, but with me being a young sci-fi fan, the balance came. I was about 10 years old and I still had the notion that all stories would get a happy ending eventually. I saw Jack and had the ''Hey, he's the cool guy'' mooment. Then later Sam walked into that briefing room and immediately became my female hero (I thought that the reproductive organs line was really, reallyl cool.) Sam and Jack smiled at eachother, went on this awesome journey and my Ship was born. I shipped a lot of people, so it was very simple for me.

The reason why it stuck (where other ships failed and now seem very silly) is that when I grew up, I started to see all the extra layers to the Ship and continued to like Stargate. Instead of growing out of this phase, I grew into it... At one point, when the Dutch TV stations started to do all kinds of strange things to the broadcasting, I started to wonder if the show was still being made and went on line to look for it. I came to gateworld and found out that it was. I noticed the forum, looked at it and thought that people talking about a show so much were odd.

Two years later, in 2006, I took another look at the forum, and stumbled upon the S/J Ship family. I read some pages and got a kick out of seeing people think exactly the same things I did. I did, however, still have a funny feeling about actually joining. I had never even seen a fan forum, let alone one of these proportions. I lurked a while (during Shipmas, even) and build up enough courage to join and post. Looking back, I'm glad we didn't have the whole probie system, because I would have chickened out )

After that, I became obsessed. *nods* It's all your fault.

Yeah... One day you wake up realising you've been Shipping half your life and that you have become a GW oldtimer to some people... And that you have quirks and odd behaviourisms.
                  *joins the Lady on the Parkbench*
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    <snipped>

I, too, was on Haven, but spent most of my time on ATXF. Wrote a bunch of fanfic under the name "Setmedic," and then was fascinated by the Gossamer site (which led me to my Master's thesis on fanfic). I had, at one point, found Sally Reeve's Counterbalance and enjoyed it but that was my only foray into SG fanfic.

<snipped>
                    You are Setmedic?

Really?

Wow!

I loved your work. Really loved it.

Spoiler:

Didn't you write one where Mulder was taken hostage in a bank or something? Was that you? Gah I loved it.

Of course that was back in the day when I was too shy to email people to say how much I loved their stories. These days... nah, I don't hold back.

And just because I am having an XF nostalgia trip - one which includes trawling through my pics and seeing lots of neatly labelled folders with names like "Mulder close up" and "handholding" "kissing" etc. I typed in Gertie's shippers and, yep, that site is still there too.

Gosh I can't believe there once was a day I'd eagerly await the Gossamer update date and I'd read every single story posted, start to finish. And there were a LOT of them. When did I ever find the time?

I am loving all these amazing Shipper stories. Thank you everyone for sharing.

I have a question / request. I am loving all these stories so much I am thinking they deserve their own special little place in the internet. Would anyone mind much if I lovingly take them to one side - gather them up if you will - sprinkle on a dusting of angst, a smidgeon of gutter and a whisper soft kiss of fluff... and find them a safe new home where we can go back and read them over and over? Just a webpage of their own, or something? If there's no objections? Obviously, if you would prefer I don't, shout and I won't, no worries. I just think, heck, they deserve it.
                    sigpic

Comment

^That sounds cool Cags!
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

My story (Cus everyone else is doing it.)
                        Spoiler:
                        It all started when my mom bought the Ten season dvd box set and watched them with me. I saw Sam enter into the breafing room and that was it! I remember staying up late thinking about how Sam/Jack made so much sense!
                        So anyway, the ship itself (The fact that it was there) Became real for me when I saw The Broca Divide. I remember smiling from ear to ear during "The Scene"
                        And then I discovered GW about a month after that. I learned that I was not alone in SJness. And that SJ was the most popular ship out there! And I read as many spoilers as I could get my hands on. Including and WoO kiss. Good times, good times.
                        I aslo remember begging my mom to skip 'Chimara' when we got up to it. But because I didn't have a very valid reason (To my mom) we watched anyway. More like she watched and I blocked my eyes. And then came my 13th birthday. I was so excited. It was three days after my actual bday and my registering (sp?) Why? Because me and my friends all went to camp starting on my bday and going to till three days after.
                        And here I am now.

So that's it!
                        sigpic

Comment

It's all yours Cags!!!. Good luck
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            I have a question / request. I am loving all these stories so much I am thinking they deserve their own special little place in the internet. Would anyone mind much if I lovingly take them to one side - gather them up if you will - sprinkle on a dusting of angst, a smidgeon of gutter and a whisper soft kiss of fluff... and find them a safe new home where we can go back and read them over and over? Just a webpage of their own, or something? If there's no objections? Obviously, if you would prefer I don't, shout and I won't, no worries. I just think, heck, they deserve it.
                            No problem for me!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

All your awesome stories have triggered this :

Dear PTB,

How's life? It must be great to be you. To be your friends. To be your shoes or left sock... I bet your feet don't smell funny.
                              It's been a while since the last letter and I'm sorry. I wood never want you to feel left out. I know you miss me when I don't write. I think that's what you guys have written in the letter back that unfortunately never reached me because I think the mailman stole it out of envy...

Anyway. The Ship Appreciation Thread, better known as the Ship Family Thread, but that prefers to be callled ''The Thread Formerly Known as The Ship Family Thread'' or TFKTSFT (pronounced as it stands, not as seperate letters). has been remininiscing. *nods* Your favorite bunch of Shippers has been posting sories from when they were little in terms of Ship. And I believe that you should read them to get to know us better. To see where we come from.

Some of us have started Shipping recently and some of us have known the joys and lows a little longer. I myself have posted a story which is fairly boring, but fair. I blame others for my obsession and it's true. It's your fault to, PTB. If it weren't for Martin's sexy Shorts, Coopie's radiant smile or Brad's... shall we say ...romantic abilities, I could have said goodbye. If it wasn't for Rick and Amanda, I could have saved myself hours of typing and finding new words to rhyme with ''Ship''.

The first PTB letter, the first behind the scenes, the first HubbaHubba poem and the first ickybah have all found their roots here on the Ship Thread. Some of us grew up, some have started to feel gravity pull and some of us have said things about Ship or PTB while PMSing which are true but harsh. Some of us set their inner Hippy free and some have let loose their plotbunnies and flying pigs.
                              You, PTB, and us The Shippers are stuck in a rollercoaster, like birds of a feather, stargating and so happy together. We will sing for you if you promise to dance for us. Nekkid.

Long story short... We invested time. You invested time. We're oddly attracted to eachother and there are signs of mutual love. We have stared at eachother from opposite sides of the room, we have sniffed hair and talked bum. I think it's time for that sexy kind of togetherness... The Sam and Jack Togetherness! That way, you won't have to read all our backstory. Our melancholic non smelly farts of the past. No, you will get to read our succes stories! The happily ever afters ( Or the bubbly bums. that sounds kind of catchy...). I think that if you do it wright (hehe, pun), even the most annoyed Shippers might put in a line of appreciation... Because You Are Awesome!

Love, Hugs and Kisses,
                              Nad

P.S.: The Lady on the Parkbench has a Ship story too. It starts in nineteenfiftysomething and it's even written in black and white. There was ''dancing''. *wiggles eyebrows* I said that wasn't Sam and Jack, but she said that everyone was named Sam and/or Jack back then and that it was too...
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                                My story (Cus everyone else is doing it.)
                                Spoiler:
                                It all started when my mom bought the Ten season dvd box set and watched them with me. I saw Sam enter into the breafing room and that was it! I remember staying up late thinking about how Sam/Jack made so much sense!
                                So anyway, the ship itself (The fact that it was there) Became real for me when I saw The Broca Divide. I remember smiling from ear to ear during "The Scene"
                                And then I discovered GW about a month after that. I learned that I was not alone in SJness. And that SJ was the most popular ship out there! And I read as many spoilers as I could get my hands on. Including and WoO kiss. Good times, good times.
                                I aslo remember begging my mom to skip 'Chimara' when we got up to it. But because I didn't have a very valid reason (To my mom) we watched anyway. More like she watched and I blocked my eyes. And then came my 13th birthday. I was so excited. It was three days after my actual bday and my registering (sp?) Why? Because me and my friends all went to camp starting on my bday and going to till three days after.
                                And here I am now.

So that's it!
                                I'm so glad your first taste of shipping is a positive one. May you grow into adulthood and never have to mutter curses when you think of a particular ship (Star Trek Voyager, J/C :: mutter mutter :: )

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                                Is this what yer lookin' for?
                                OH for crying out loud. How did you FIND that???

:: headdesk :: Would you all believe that I said I wasn't as avid all the rest of you. Right. Three years later I'm writing fanfic and analyzing the ship to death.

:: foot in mouth :: MMMpppfffh mmmpph :: removes foot :: 'er Yeah did I actually argue that they couldn't be in a relationship after S. 8? Right. Hadn't seen that far in the DVDs just read. :: pats her poor poor naive and uneducated self on the head :: "It's okay, they will teach you little one"

Comment

Working...
                                X