Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I could never understand why Jack was giving Daniel the order to blow up the ship instead of Davis (after all, Daniel wasn't in charge there). And even when Jack did order Davis to give the order, Davis hesitated and looked at Daniel for guidance, instead of following the order of a superior officer.

Good thing, though, since if Davis had given the order, the ship would have been blown up before Thor could rescue Jack and Teal'c.

Dramatic effect. Daniel's his friend so... *shrugs*

Although one has to wonder if the reason why Major Davis is perpetually a Major is because he just can't follow a simple order from a superior officer.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
      OT Pets
      Spoiler:
      We lost our little puppy last night. After making it through the night, and an 80 mile transfer between clinics, and an emergency surgery, he let go last night.

Many hugs and thanks to everyone who was thinking and praying for my family. You're support is so greatly appreciated.
      ((((((jess)))))) -

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Oh yeah! The replicators are still the scariest of the SG1 bad guys, IMHO. They're so unhuman, just unstoppable. Plus, you know, bugs are always creepy
      indeed....esp. the ones with a million legs....a quite disgusting sight to behold...

Comment

First off

(((((((JESS)))))))

Pet OT:
        Spoiler:
        I still feel a little twinge when my mouse Pinky died and that was like eight-ten years ago. My mom still gets choked up about Major her pet German Shepherd from when she was a kid. We had to put down our black Lab named Trouble a few years ago (and I wasn't even there cuz I moved up here). So :: hugs :: Pets are part of the family

Okay I'm putting out a request - I need (and don't gasp) something fluttery. I need gutter (like you'd need to just link to the author) and it needs to be fluffy - or I'd take angst that ends in flutter.

Life OT
        Spoiler:
        I'm headed back to work. I've been a stay at home mom for the last year and half and I've loved every minute of it, but with the economy and my husband unable to work enough hours, I hold the better work experience so I contacted my old supervisor and she told me to put my resume through the regular channels (cuz that's how things go) and they would love to have me back. I'm not all tears or anything, it was a GREAT job and I loved the people and my son will be home with Dad all day (talk about gender roles reversed) but it still makes my heart ache.

Every woman has to decide what's right for her family and being with my boy has been a blessing... going back to work is just temporary (albeit it might be a few years temporary...) but... still... hard y'know?

So I just need fic to CHEER ME UP! :: huggles I love you guys :: <-- that might be the wine talking LOL

Comment

*Huggles Twilight*

OT
          Spoiler:
          Oh I know it's hard. You know we have boys about the same age both birthdays in February too I think) and I know how I felt when I went back only part time when he was 9 months old. I hated it so much. I missed him dreadfully. I stuck it out for 6 months then quit. Lived on nothing much and a mortgage holiday for another 6 months then lucked my way into an awesome job. If it paid more it would be even more awesome... it pays well but 14 hours a week pro rata I barely make ends meet.
          I don't know if I could bear to be parted form him again for long periods.
          HUge hugs. At least he will be home with his awesome daddy and, maybe when he starts school, you can re-evaulate the situation again and hubby can go back out to work and you can cut back?

The only one that comes to mind, you've probably read is "Torment of Tantalus" by Karibou (linked to her account because the story is M rated.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

For me, the journey is great and yes, reaching a destination is a bittersweet moment of grief in something ending but it is also mixed with the joy of achievement. And as the tag line for the new series of Doctor Who goes, the end is just the beginning...
            that's how i see it. i think that's how i've always seen it. *sighs dreamily*
            sally

sigpic

Comment

*huggles Twi*

Will look at some fic for ya soon, but I think the one Cags mentioned is pretty good...or any other of that writer!

As for Replicators being scary. I always thought they were more funny than scary. I didn't see a real mechanism for them to destroy us and found them more annoying like bugs always are, but just step on them and your problem is temporarily gone...
              I think IMHO the Wraith where the scariest(in ways what they could...really suck the life outta ya...or partly) but that's from SGA. In SG1 I never really saw the bad guys as scary...more as funny or annoying...
              sigpic

Comment

*hangs head in shame*

I've gone and done if, folks. I've written The Fic I always swore I wouldn't. Well, one of them anyway. My beta, bless her heart, is still laughing her backside off at me, I'm sure

But.

There you are.

It's actually a second chapter of my "No Substitutions", found on my ffnet page here. It's rated M so I won't link it here.

I'd like to post it to lj for Day of Indulgences, or whatever it's called, but I need info on when/where that is if anyone can PM me?

Thanks

*skulks off in shame*

EDIT: Twilight, this is possibly the sort of thing you're looking for, even though short.

EDIT2: OT Life:
                Spoiler:
                We've gone through a similar thing here, with John having been in car sales, and unemployed now except for seasonal work at a local cannery, for a year. I went back to work full time which isn't as bad as it would have been before the kidlings were back at school, and they're with their dad of course (I work second shift mostly) but still.. it's hard. And like you said, talk about role reversal...

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  *Huggles Twilight*

OT
                  Spoiler:
                  Oh I know it's hard. You know we have boys about the same age both birthdays in February too I think) and I know how I felt when I went back only part time when he was 9 months old. I hated it so much. I missed him dreadfully. I stuck it out for 6 months then quit. Lived on nothing much and a mortgage holiday for another 6 months then lucked my way into an awesome job. If it paid more it would be even more awesome... it pays well but 14 hours a week pro rata I barely make ends meet.
                  I don't know if I could bear to be parted form him again for long periods.
                  HUge hugs. At least he will be home with his awesome daddy and, maybe when he starts school, you can re-evaulate the situation again and hubby can go back out to work and you can cut back?

The only one that comes to mind, you've probably read is "Torment of Tantalus" by Karibou (linked to her account because the story is M rated.
                  Karibou is always good!

OT
                  Spoiler:
                  Him being home with Dad is probably going to be the only thing that keeps me sane! Elijah's going to still job hunt, but we won't be desperate. Plus, this will keep me from being so stressed out about finances - I'm the banker/accountant in our house. It's definitely painful. I will probably write lots and lots of angsty fanfic.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  *huggles Twi*

Will look at some fic for ya soon, but I think the one Cags mentioned is pretty good...or any other of that writer!

As for Replicators being scary. I always thought they were more funny than scary. I didn't see a real mechanism for them to destroy us and found them more annoying like bugs always are, but just step on them and your problem is temporarily gone...
                  I think IMHO the Wraith where the scariest(in ways what they could...really suck the life outta ya...or partly) but that's from SGA. In SG1 I never really saw the bad guys as scary...more as funny or annoying...
                  The Borg were freaking scary to me (well until they humanized them in Voyager :: rolls eyes :: ) - the Replicators as bugs were creepy. The humans... well... they were kinda just bad guys. The Wraith were just plain UGLY.

Hmmm, Jack trapped with a Replicator Sam... the possibilities... evil evil Sam...

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                    *hangs head in shame*

I've gone and done if, folks. I've written The Fic I always swore I wouldn't. Well, one of them anyway. My beta, bless her heart, is still laughing her backside off at me, I'm sure

But.

There you are.

It's actually a second chapter of my "No Substitutions", found on my ffnet page here. It's rated M so I won't link it here.

I'd like to post it to lj for Day of Indulgences, or whatever it's called, but I need info on when/where that is if anyone can PM me?

Thanks

*skulks off in shame*

EDIT: Twilight, this is possibly the sort of thing you're looking for, even though short.

Spoiler:
                    We've gone through a similar thing here, with John having been in car sales, and unemployed now except for seasonal work at a local cannery, for a year. I went back to work full time which isn't as bad as it would have been before the kidlings were back at school, and they're with their dad of course (I work second shift mostly) but still.. it's hard. And like you said, talk about role reversal...

Loved it Jenn!!

OT Life
                    Spoiler:
                    It's nice to know I'm not the only one. It's a good job that I'm going back to - regular hours, M-F office job with good management and excellent benefits. So for all that I could complain, I do have to say that I'm really lucky too. It's just hard to leave my little one!

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post

PTB, take notes. Lots and lots of notes. We're waiting. Still. Sometimes patiently, even. Make it worth our wait! Our long, angst-ridden over-a-decade wait!

Big Honkin' Kiss!
                      Big Honkin' Kiss!
                      Big Honkin' Kiss!
                      oh my gosh, how did i accidently take this quote and accidently repost it? well, if there just happens to be a power that be reading here today...

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                        *hangs head in shame*

But.

There you are.

Thanks

*skulks off in shame*

Spoiler:
                        OMG Jenn-I can't believe you wrote that! LOL! Not that I was surprised about the writing, just the scenery! Again-lol!

(((Twilight))) I know it will work out for you and your family.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                          I made that gif, and many of the others posted here. I kept the image tags on just to look at it again.

Love your gifs Bev I was just having a discussion about your gifs recently with another shipper.

I remember those days. Also the days where all the shippers here contributed to the letter we all sent to TPTB.

I also remember the anticipation leading up to the first airing of "Threads". Expectations were high that we would finally see Sam and Jack together. What we got was a disappointment for many, many shippers. Shippers that had been through it all here (and the old Delphi Forum). This was when we lost a great many posters.
                          The Boys at Bridge knew RDA was leaving, so why couldn’t we have seen some on-screen confirmation? Even if they were thinking about the movies, I fail to see how Sam and Jack being together would interfere with the action of the storyline. Even the most ardent shippers wouldn’t expect to see Sam and Jack making-out every two minutes. (much as they would love it )

I think s9 made things worse. Much as I think Cooper wrote some good episodes, I also think he was a terrible show-runner. He didn’t know what to do with AT/Sam, especially as he now had some new ‘fun’ characters to play with. Jack was never mentioned by his friends (and lover). This is the same Cooper that said we all had ‘issues’ when the fans – shippers and non-shippers – complained about the stalker character of Pete.
                          They can say all they want now about the ship in interviews, but none of it matters to me until I see it.

I need to see on-screen confirmation. I’ve been through the wringer with these guys, a roller coaster of a journey that, much as I enjoyed it for the most part, I want to get off the ride now. I’ve been strung along for twelve years, and I want to see my big honkin’ kiss!
                          Glad you came by. Agree with your last paragraph so much............... I want a BHK and nothing less We deserve it for all our patience I wonder, if everyone emailed an old shipper, how many would reappear on the thread to talk about shippy old times
                          sigpic

Comment

SAM/JACK BIG HONKIN' KISS FOR MOVIE 3!!!

i just had to get that out of my system. again.

silly ot -

Spoiler:
                            i saw a thread for buffy the vampire slayer, but i skimmed it and then thought about it... as 'vappy, the sunflower killer'... i'm not doing real well with reading today, as cags can tell you.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                              Glad you came by. Agree with your last paragraph so much............... I want a BHK and nothing less We deserve it for all our patience I wonder, if everyone emailed an old shipper, how many would reappear on the thread to talk about shippy old times
                              i can't email old shippers... i don't have their email addresses.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                i can't email old shippers... i don't have their email addresses.
                                There's lots of us still on GW, maybe not on the S/J thread
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X