Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
    I'm all for knocking out GW. I am sooooo ready to knock out GW!
    Yes! Knocking out GW is an important task that we must complete!

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    For those of you who don't read the fic thread but like fic . . .

Linking to the journal because of the rating. . . http://rowan-d.livejournal.com/

'Rocket Fuel'.

Holly Hannah was it good!
    Thanks for the link

What is canon in my world? The episodes, the movies, the deleted scenes and how the producers interpretate stuff (for example we ask for something to clarify(more than one kiss in WoO) and the answer of a PTB(JM saying multiple of those happened).
    Otherwise books, fanfic etc etc etc. Not canon IMHO.
    So IMHO most of what is seeable for the general audience is canon(you can even consider the PTB interprations then)

*shrugs* short answer, but I'm not complicated*cough*.

Subtle or non subtle ship: I don't care as long as I got ship. For this ship that is enough, but for another show I watch I only want blabant ship...so it depents on the show.

End of ship with confirmation/resolution: No. I like it to be resolved and it won't change the meaning for me...except for being happier and being glad that our PTB finally saw the light . I know we've waited for so long that some of us are enjoying the wait and in one way like the anticipation and will miss that, but I sincerely think that the 3rd movie will be the last SG1 one and thus it will be all or nothing there. Anyhow I think that because of the wait we've lost shippers(and also gained) but every story needs it ending right? I mean for the people who read fanfiction in here...most of aren't going to read a WIP/story without it being complete right? So I want my ending. Happy...or *shudders* not.
    sigpic

Comment

Darn It, I leave for a day and I'm 6 pages behind!
      Originally posted by Pol View Post
      Respectfully snipping so I can comment - and taking it out of spoilers as I do so...

Ah, me too. I agree about them adding depth and texture. I especially love it when they're written by the same person who wrote the episode/show.

Oh yes, that was a terrific book and is the only of my ST:TNG books that I kept when I purged my library. And it's sequel.

Hmmm...I have all of the SG1 novels and have yet to read them. I really want to read Swallow's book but have this thing about reading books in order. My trouble is that I can't seem to get through book 1. Add to that I really want to read APA's follow-on to that book. Gah...so many books/fics, so little time! But your synopsis has me really intrigued now.

I'm in favor of anything confirming the 'ship, as long as we get to see it on screen as well. I, too, liked the extension of the "Air" scene, like Bren said, there's nice mirroring there.
      Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      <snipped for space>

Pol and Shannon, well whatdya know. I too kept "Imzadi" when I cleared out my old ST-TNG novels. Awesome book. The sequel I liked less but still kept that one too. If only Peter David would write Stargate novelisations. *shippy sigh*

Assuming it's taken me so long to post this you've done it...

Congratulations on your 6000 posts Jenn!

I'm with you guys I have it as well. Great book!

Actually I think I read it for school. We had to pick a book taking place in the 1900's and he said "Well...ST was made in the 60's...so go for it." And with TNG being ST still...he let me read it.

Can you say, Coolest. Teacher. Ever.

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
      Nooooooooooo!!! Don't say that. Don't even think like that!!!!

[URL=http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/UhSir/season3/pastpresent/?action=view&current=lalalala.jpg]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/UhSir/season3/pastpresent/th_lalalala.jpg/URL]

Fluffy.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/UhSir/season3/pastpresent/th_scuseme.jpg http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/UhSir/season3/pastpresent/th_Interesting.jpg
      Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy
      http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/UhSir/season3/nemesis/th_sam-loofasmile.jpg http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/UhSir/season3/nemesis/th_jack-loofas.jpg
      Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy Fluffy
      I'm so with you!!! Fluff all the way!!

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      I vote for subtle but unequivocal. I want no room for the anti's to wiggle. None. Zip. Zero. Nada.

Absolute confirmation (a ring, a long look, a 'honey, pick up milk on the way home' or 'pick up dog food for YOUR dog. No, it's YOUR dog' kind thing).

No wiggle room, but lots of...well...wiggling.
      <g>
      *nods* And that's exactly how I want it to. Something that will prove that they are together that has that subtleness to it, but something that gives us 100% proof.
      Anti's? Here's what shippers do with anti's...

And here's what Sam and Jack do...
      Target practice!
      http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/...Sam-Jack-1.jpg
      *img tag left in for reference.

I totally had this image of the Penguin in the back ground going.

Wife: *sighs* Honey, are you done yet?
      Husband: *bangs the name of the things I can't remember together loudly* Er....Yes Sweetheart! Be there in a moment!
      Wife: *mumbles* Just give them they're confirmation will you!

Sorry for the randomness.

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
      I'm all for knocking out GW. I am sooooo ready to knock out GW!
      And when that gets knocked down...there's always facebook!

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
      And for those that are vaguely interested, I ended up doing a round-up of all my fic from 2009.

2009 Review/2010 Goals

Also dropping off the latest Aftershock which has Sam/Jack UST. TAG to S6's Disclosure.

Continuing Admissions
      Okay...methinks I need to go do a rewatch...I could not for the life of me remember what episode that was.

Oh and...more randomness!

I was reading fic on my eReader yesterday and my dad goes...

Dad: What are you reading?
      Me: Sam/Jack fanfiction
      Dad:...is there a lot of that out there?
      Me: Oh you have no idea how much.

Congrats on 6000 Jenn!!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

LOL! I'll try, but I'm pooped from making that video. But even if I can't think of captions, I'll keep posting pics. Until I pass out. Cuz is worth it!!!
        Pics are good too

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post

Ah, the Shippiness in the episode titles. I remember way, way, waaaaaay back when the samandjack yahoo group was alive and thriving, we had a discussion or six on the various Shippy interpretations of episode titles.

Like, after Grace, the next episode was titled Fall Out, which lead directly into Chimera, the illusion/fantasy, and indeed, that arc was fall out from her head-injury induced hallucinations. It was but an illusion for Sam, one that couldn't hold a candle to her relationship with Jack, and one she easily saw through when Fifth transported her consciousness directly into that fantasy world to manipulate her. Unfortunately, it took her a lot longer in *Real Life* to see the chimera for what it was...

Then there's Shades of Gray -- the murky waters slowly blurring the regs line between Sam and Jack, maybe?

Oh, and Small Victories -- they saved the world, spent a week stranded with only Teal'c for chaperon, and yet she still wouldn't accept that fishing invitation. Small victories indeed.

Hmmm... Oh, yes, the obvious Beneath the Surface implications are all fabulous. Beneath the surface of the proper soldiers are a man and a woman inevitably drawn to one another. Beneath the surface of the memory stamps, they still remember feeling *feelings*. Beneath the surface of one little three letter word lies an impenetrable, invisible wall of duty, honor, and Air Force regulations.

And one of my favorites, Desperate Measures. For this one, I'm gonna use pictures...

Sam goes missing, and Jack will do anything to find her...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...eMeasures1.jpg
        Bargain with a homeless guy...

[url]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/DesperateMeasures2.jpg[url]
        Deal with Maybourne...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...eMeasures3.jpg
        Even put on the clothes he abhors (but looks so good in!) and deal with another Washington suit he can't stand...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...eMeasures4.jpg
        He manages to rescue her in the nick of time...

And promptly gets himself shot for his efforts...
        http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...eMeasures5.jpg
        I swear, it seriously looks like she's copping a feel in this cap... Or is that my foggy Shipper lenses acting up again?

[url]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63/BrenRen1/DesperateMeasures6.jpg[url]
        At any rate, she's right there by his bedside after his injury, in case he needs her (if she only knew how much he does!)...
        *grabs shippy glasses* hmmm, nope there is absolutely nothing wrong with your shippy glasses whatsoever. They are in perfect working condition *hands shippy glasses back to Bren*
        sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone

Ok, i'm gonna quote myself now (is that even possible?), 'couse really want to know. Sorry for asking again but:

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
          hallo, how's everyone today?

I was wondering if there's any record of this missing dialogue of Sam&Jack from D&C, you know, the force field scene? Maybe someone has the script or something. I'm just dying to find out what they said to each other!

Someone help me!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone

Ok, i'm gonna quote myself now (is that even possible?), 'couse really want to know. Sorry for asking again but:

They didn't say anything in that scene, did they? Didin't they just stare at each other?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
              I was reading fic on my eReader yesterday and my dad goes...

Dad: What are you reading?
              Me: Sam/Jack fanfiction
              Dad:...is there a lot of that out there?
              Me: Oh you have no idea how much.

Congrats on 6000 Jenn!!
              So...now you're loading S/J fic on his eReader right? He must read S/J fanfiction too!

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              They didn't say anything in that scene, did they? Didin't they just stare at each other?
              They only stared...if I remember correctly they were supposed to say something but AT and RDA decided to go for this just like seasons later in Lost City... ...I don't know *what* they were supposed to say though...
              sigpic

Comment

Well, yes but i think that was AT's and RDS's choice. I think in the script there was a dialogue but actors decided to act it with eyes only...Am i making something up Hope not
                sigpic

Comment

As far as I know, nobody around here has gotten ahold of the original script of D&C. That's something that I'd love to see as well.

And no, you're not imagining it. Originally, that scene did include some lines, but I'm forever grateful that Rick and Amanda chose not to say them.
                  sigpic
                  The Return of King Arthur
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                  acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    So...now you're loading S/J fic on his eReader right? He must read S/J fanfiction too!

They only stared...if I remember correctly they were supposed to say something but AT and RDA decided to go for this just like seasons later in Lost City... ...I don't know *what* they were supposed to say though...
                    Ah yes, that's right I think AT and RDA made a wise choice in D&C. It made for a far more emotional and powerful scene IMO.

Well, yes but i think that was AT's and RDS's choice. I think in the script there was a dialogue but actors decided to act it with eyes only...Am i making something up Hope not
                    No, I think you[re right. As starlover said, there was supposed to be dialogue but RDA and AT thought it would be better without, and I have to agree with them I have no idea what the dialogue was supposed to be though
                    sigpic

Comment

That's exactly right, they decided the scene wood be better without the dialogue. And it was

Comment

OT Pets
                        Spoiler:
                        We lost our little puppy last night. After making it through the night, and an 80 mile transfer between clinics, and an emergency surgery, he let go last night.

Many hugs and thanks to everyone who was thinking and praying for my family. You're support is so greatly appreciated.
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          OT Pets
                          Spoiler:
                          We lost our little puppy last night. After making it through the night, and an 80 mile transfer between clinics, and an emergency surgery, he let go last night.

Many hugs and thanks to everyone who was thinking and praying for my family. You're support is so greatly appreciated.
                          OT
                          Spoiler:
                          awww I'm so sorry to hear that It can be pretty heartbreaking losing a pet, especially one so young. They become a part of the family. I think I can safely say most of us have been there at some point so know you are not alone
                          sigpic

Comment

That is what I just said...

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Ah yes, that's right I think AT and RDA made a wise choice in D&C. It made for a far more emotional and powerful scene IMO.
                            I agree! any words in that scene would have perhaps "broke" it. The glances like this were just heartwrenching! *sob*
                            As for where the dialogue could be said...perhaps in one of the Companion Guides...that I don't have!(only S7 and S8)
                            sigpic

Comment

There was scripted dialogue but RDA and AT scrapped it in favor of nothing... the dialogue has never been known... it's sort of made it into shipper legend now. If you listen really quietly you can hear the sound of... well nothing cuz they didn't say anything.

EDIT: I think it's perfect they didn't say anything BTW

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                                OT Pets
                                Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                Oh honey, I'm so terribly sorry. I wish there was something I could do to help.
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X