Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
    Really? *looks at own join date and total posts* Right. I did notice there are a couple of "shippy" S/J avatars now and I've been considering changing mine. But I like Maybourne too so I don't know. Maybe if I ever do get to that seemingly out-of-reach-for-me 2,000 requirement I'll do something. Well, not me since I don't know a thing about creating graphics.
    Well, it seemed to me like forever. O.K.? Also the fact that at the time I loved to play most of the GW games (SG sudoku, SG hangman and all those voting games) helped a lot.

I liked the "post shippy picture" games very much before they started to get ugly.
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
      How could I ever doubt in power of The Mods
      I don't think you should blame the Mods, they don't make the rules

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        I don't think you should blame the Mods, they don't make the rules
        But surely got the power

I'll get over it. Soon....Ok, done. I'm good now, no hard feelings... where is my DVD with Threads, oh and a glass of wine. Yes, i'm good now.
        sigpic

Comment

Ah hah! So the trick is to venture outside of the Sam/Jack Ship thread.

*quivers*

But...

(and I'll quote The Man himself)
          "But it's safe, right?"

Our Lady reassured him that it was so he
          made sure that he thanked her properly later.

Last edited by UhSir; 27 June 2012, 03:40 PM. Reason: fix pic links

Comment

*quivers*

But...

(and I'll quote The Man himself)
            "But it's safe, right?"
            http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/...safe-right.jpg

Our Lady reassured him that it was so he
            made sure that he thanked her properly later.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/.../WoO/Kiss3.jpg
            Just be careful where you go... tread lightly, carry a BIG SHIPPY STICK. LOL I've wandered onto other SG1 threads (non-ship related) only to find some major haters. There's the S/J discussion thread, the S/J fic rec thread... this one... I also hang out at an SGU thread and I think some other shows have their own threads but I never end up there.

Comment

Yet another fic rec. Really great follow-up to literatiwannabe's A Maneuvering Business ... for any who haven't read it yet ... or might like to read it again:

Visitors and Fish

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                I don't see it... But Helen does
                Wasn't Sam drinking or at least fixing tea in Urgo? The scene then where she spills the contents of the mug on her hand? *not in the mood to fight hubby for the tv to check out the scene* I might be wrong, but I vaguely remember the tea bag.
                sigpic
                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                  Wasn't Sam drinking or at least fixing tea in Urgo? The scene then where she spills the contents of the mug on her hand? *not in the mood to fight hubby for the tv to check out the scene* I might be wrong, but I vaguely remember the tea bag.
                  Yep. Urgo startled her (deliberately to try to distract her) and she spilled the hot tea on her hand ... and scolded him.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                    Just be careful where you go... tread lightly, carry a BIG SHIPPY STICK. LOL I've wandered onto other SG1 threads (non-ship related) only to find some major haters. There's the S/J discussion thread, the S/J fic rec thread... this one... I also hang out at an SGU thread and I think some other shows have their own threads but I never end up there.
                    True, true. I've been on one called What's your opinion now about SGU? and because people couldn't have healthy conversation, it's been closed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Canon versus Fanon...

{Lengthy discourse regarding that scene in the SGU "Air" novelization...}
                      Spoiler:

Personally, I definitely count the expanded-universe of the Official novelizations as part of the Canon universe. But I'm an oddball, I know, and I'm sure you all do too by now. So it shouldn't come as any surprise that I'm not exactly a strictly-adhering-to-the-rules kind of girl. I also have no objections to or problems with blurring the lines between the awesome fanfics I've devoured and the scenes as they played out in Onscreensville.

The thing is, I absolutely adore novelizations, be they written before or after being filmed. They add layers of emotional depth and character development, not to mention all the minutiae of details that got left on the editing room floor for the sake of catering to the short-attention-span-theater audience. One of my all-time favorite novels ever is the book "Imzadi", by Peter David, which explores the beautiful backstory
                      between Riker and Troi that was only vaguely hinted at during the Star Trek TNG series

So this "Air" novelization... First, I should admit, I haven't watched Universe yet. I'm still waiting for Sam & Jack to have that officially confirmed happy ending they deserve before I re-invest my heart with this franchise. I mean, seriously, has there ever been another tv couple whose relationship developed over *TEN* plus years together without ever sharing a REAL kiss on screen?

But.

James Swallow. This is the guy who wrote Relativity, the novel with perhaps the Shippiest plot of any of the SG1 novels yet published:
                      Bitter Old Jack of the Future and his Brilliant Blond Daughter mess with time travel to right the wrongs of the past--including Daughter's Mother's (i.e., Sam's) death. Tell me that ain't Shippy?! This guy gets the Ship. I have no doubt of that.

So when I was reading through the transcript of that expanded scene and got to the line about Jack smiling at his old friend, I took it as a very warm and yes, Shippy, endearment. Their friendship is the very foundation of their relationship, and as friends they have endured and survived many a harrowing experience. And Jack's line, "Glad you're okay." immediately called to my mind Sam saying those same words in Heroes, in one of the most poignant soul-baring moments ever seen on the screen between Sam & Jack.

Given that context, I am totally okay with the author's use of the term "old friend" there.

But I'm still not gonna read the book or watch the series till I see a Real Sam & Real Jack BIG HONKIN KISS!
                      Love and hot fudge,
                      Bren Ren
                      ~
                      My stories!
                      ~

sigpic

Comment

But surely got the power

I'll get over it. Soon....Ok, done. I'm good now, no hard feelings... where is my DVD with Threads, oh and a glass of wine. Yes, i'm good now.
                        See? Now there's a woman or man after my own heart. The power of Threads can not be underestimated.

So there, Bren

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          A sad start to 2010:
                          OT
                          Spoiler:
                          Please keep my family in your prayers. Our little dog was admitted to the pet hospital tonight. He's got multiple things wrong with him, and the doctors don't know if he'll make it through the night. I'm beside myself with worry, but trying to give it to the Lord.
                          Spoiler:

Praying for you and hope everything turns out okay.

Just because i don't know how to put two quotations in one post
                          If you see the icon next to where you can reply with 'QUOTE' (bottom right of every post) - the way to multi-thread is to click on the icon that looks like quotation marks on top of a sheet of paper. Do this for everything you want to quote. Then click the 'QUOTE' button for the last thread you want to reply to. It should act like normal and show you what you selected earlier. I don't know how clear this is, but if it makes no sense play around with it - it's possible!
                          Really? *looks at own join date and total posts* Right. I did notice there are a couple of "shippy" S/J avatars now and I've been considering changing mine.....
                          Have faith! It's got to be doable. Others have done it, so there.
                          If you have any other shows you enjoy, you could try their threads too. It's one way to avoid the haters. (Firefly is awesome, and they've got some 'Favorite __ line' games going too)
                          sigpic

Comment

See? Now there's a woman or man after my own heart. The power of Threads can not be underestimated.

So there, Bren
                            Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

Air novel and my thoughts about it: *sticks fingers in ears and hums loudly*

Honestly. Some people can stare at the Grace kiss forever. I get totally lost on that one...
                              Me, me, me, me! I love that kiss*happy sigh*

Don't ask me why though...perhaps just a teen thing lol!

Would believe I did all 1700 in the last six months? Yes, when I joined I was averaging 100 posts a year. A YEAR. Then something in my brain exploded.
                              Your sanity probably exploded!

*quivers*

<lazy snip>
                              Yeah...probably...although...you can get the post count in here too! I know that I got to 2,000 posts by almost only posting in the S/J thread(old one). These days I am in the artwork thread, MWHS thread(for PTB lovers), S/J rec thread(but reasonably quiet there) and sometimes when I'm really bored I venture out towards other threads...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                                My favorite scene? BTW, my 'muse' and I have decided to go with your interpretation of the Air scene

Comment

Working...
                                X