Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    I've heard them describes as Jam, Sack, and Jarter as well (though I think Jarter has been used to describe John/Sam more often.)
    Ew! Is there really such a pairing? *rinses mouth out with soap*
    sigpic
    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
      Apparently.
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        And check our sigs - a lot of us have links to our fiction there (shamelessly points to her own sig) See? I'm such a nerd... :: goes off to write more fanfiction ::
        Nerd!

Kettle!

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
          Yep. There is ... though not near as popular as ours.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            You gotta remember it was for a Very General Stargate audience. What I find interesting is that she used the present tense to refer to O'Neill's still being in Sam's life and not dead... and the past tense for the rest. Because it does fit with the events of Grace and Affinity especially and up to the point Jack left the show as a regular. Affinity especially showed Sam was trying to convince herself her feelings for Jack were *only* based on the fantasy of perfect romance... And I'd say the Sam we've seen since S8 is definitely changed, and a good way of looking at it is, unlike the early season Sam, after Threads she really didn't act sexually shy and naive but seemed very self-confident including in displaying her sexuality (take Sam in S10 after shopping with Vala compared to her awkwardness in the Blue Dress in Emancipation...)
            hehe I didn't notice that! And I love the "hasn't gone away" part...because he's not going to.

And yes I love that change in Sam after threads, she's more personal (touches people more, laughs more, makes jokes more) and she just seems *happier*. It's so nice to see...and a part of you really has to wonder if it has to do with Jack.

I agree. She's definetely talking about the earlier seasons. In fact, this whole section of the article was Amanda's thoughts on Sam's relationships with Jack, Jacob, Janet, Cassie, and her other love interests during SG-1's run.

'Cause we all know what AT think about the status of Sam/Jack's relationship *now*.
            Amen!

I totally agree!! I wish someone reaching their 2000 mark would do 100 looks of Sam I love that pic (you know which one, that cat with the canary!!) in S. 9 and I think comparing Sam in S. 10 shopping at VS with Vala and who Sam was at the beginning of the series (trying too hard to be "one of the guys" in some ways). I kind of feel like her relationship with Pete was not only her trying to convince herself she could move on - but also a way for herself to explore who she was as a woman. I think what made Pete so alluring to her was the way he looked at her and treated her. Jack looked at Sam too but he always fell back to a platonic or commander/subordinate relationship. Pete gave her the chance to pull out the clothes she never wore and put on the impractical heels and to forget for five minutes that the world was about to be invaded (again).

OT LJ first:
            Spoiler:
            Was messaging back to Loquita and it made me think - I've never asked *why* LJ? Is it better than ff.net and why?

Second OT - Mike Rowe and Dirty Jobs
            Spoiler:
            All you women wanting to kiss him. I don't think you would after watching this episode. I didn't know *that's* how they castrated sheep. :: shudders ::
            To your LJ OT
            Spoiler:
            I know a_loquita still posts her stories on FF obviously, but LJ is a bit more personal. So it's sort of like over here, how we can get to know you and then go and read your fanfic...if you know what I mean.

There's also a bunch of communities as well, where you can find artwork and fic and things like that. I've also noticed for me anyway, I'm more inclined to leave a review on LJ then FF...I'm not sure why but I guess because it's more personal so I can said "squeee!! I loved this *happy sighs*" while I can't really say that so much in an FF review.

Also if you make artwork, there's awesome challenges and things over there.

If you have any questions send me a PM/Email so I know exactly what you're confused about.

Originally posted by Leucothea29 View Post
            Booth/Brennan... *sigh* Let's put it this way. If asked 'Which came first, the TV Show or the Fanfiction?' I'd probably say fanfiction.

*waves* Thanks...

Another comment - Has anyone else noticed (yes, of course you have, but I just now noticed that - ) that the icon for 'love' is ? They were totally fated for each other.

Off to read more fanfiction
            Yup! Got to love that!
            Yes, we feel very special that our couple is the icon!!!

And check our sigs - a lot of us have links to our fiction there (shamelessly points to her own sig) See? I'm such a nerd... :: goes off to write more fanfiction ::
            Yup, gotta love those sigs! *nods head at her own sig*

Apparently.
            *glares pointedly at Jann*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
              And yes I love that change in Sam after threads, she's more personal (touches people more, laughs more, makes jokes more) and she just seems *happier*. It's so nice to see...and a part of you really has to wonder if it has to do with Jack.
              LOL, that reminds me! I got the SGA Commander Colonel Carter action figure for Christmas. It took me the longest time to realize something that made her different from my other Sam action figures (other than the hair, and the uniform . . . ).

Her figure nails have been painted pink!

LOL, that's *definitely* Jack's doing!
              sigpic
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

And just one last new bit for tonight. (In case it's not apparent, I just spent a buttload at Barnes and Noble! I think I bought out their entire Stargate section!)

I know that a lot of people were interested in reading the extended version of the Jack/Sam scene in James Swallow's Stargate Universe "Air" novelization.

So without further ado:

Under spoilers for SGU "Air" Spoilers and for length:
                Spoiler:
                Harriman nodded. "We received a garbled subspace signal that cut out before we could make sense of it. All the evidence points to heavy localized jamming. All communications in that area have been completely cut off. The SGC can’t reach them either, but we managed to get in contact with the Hammond.” He tapped a few controls on a keypad and the screen switched to a standby mode. “I have Colonel Carter for you, sir.”

The general turned to the display as Samantha Carter’s face appeared on it. Behind her, O’Neill could see a slice of the Hammond’s bridge, and what appeared to be members of a damage control party working at blown-out consoles. What the hell happened out there? he wondered.

Carter looked grim, and she wasted no time with preamble and got straight to the point. “General, we barely got away,” she said. “The enemy came out of nowhere with an invasion force, hit us before we could react.”
                “Who did this?” he demanded.

She frowned. “We think it was the Lucian Alliance.”

“What about Icarus Base?” He was dreading the answer.

The colonel’s lips thinned. “We now have visual confirmation. The planet was destroyed. Vaporized.”

“Good grief,” whispered Sharpe, from behind him.

“That explains why we haven’t been able to dial in.” O’Neill’s mind was already racing, thinking quickly on every possible outcome, every ripple that could spread out from the center of this terrible incident.

Carter went on. “We managed to beam aboard most of our people from the surface before jumping to hyperspace. We believe that the enemy forces were also destroyed in the planetary collapse.”

That meant no prisoners, and no prisoners meant nobody to interrogate as to the reasons why the Lucian Alliance - if they were to blame - had come to Icarus with malicious intent.

“Any word on how they may have gained intel on our base?” Carter was thinking the same thing.

O’Neill glanced at Harriman, and the sergeant shook his head. “No. We don’t even know why the attack was launched.” The general’s frown deepened; the last they had heard of the Alliance, that loose gathering of interstellar criminal factions were in the midst of an internal struggle, fighting one another to fill a power vacuum largely created by the actions of SG-1. Maybe they solved their differences and turned on us instead, he thought grimly. He looked up at the screen. “Casualties on our side?”

“Twelve,” said Carter. “Eighty plus MIA. Icarus’s bunker shielding technology prevented us from beaming out anyone inside. How many got through the gate to Earth?”
                Harriman shook his head again.

“None.” And there it was; eighty people’s lives, cut down to one word.

The signal from the Hammond flickered, brief cosmic static washing across the image. “None?” repeated Carter, her brow creasing in confusion. “Our sensors indicated that their Stargate was active for a full six minutes before the planetary core went critical.”

“Well, they didn’t show up here.” O’Neill saw Harriman turn away and ask urgent questions of one of the desk operators.

“Then where did they go?”

“Good question,” said the general. “I’ll let you know when I have an answer.” He paused and offered his old friend a rueful smile. “Glad you’re okay, Colonel.”

Carter nodded. “Thank you, sir.”

“Safe trip home,” he told her, and she cut the connection.
                sigpic

Comment

LOL, that reminds me! I got the SGA Commander Colonel Carter action figure for Christmas. It took me the longest time to realize something that made her different from my other Sam action figures (other than the hair, and the uniform . . . ).

Her figure nails have been painted pink!

LOL, that's *definitely* Jack's doing!
                  I want pictures. That's just too cool She paints her pink to match the lacy... er... oh sorry wandering off into gutter world... we have young 'uns here I have to watch out for (Sorry Val - I just saw your profile and I'm starting to experience that "old" feeling LOL)

Comment

ROFL! Jess, I spent yesterday looking at the same thing.
                    Spoiler:
                    But I had to remind myself that that's not Canon...which I have to do quite often...and in Canon...she never called him sir! Woot!

Comment

And just one last new bit for tonight. (In case it's not apparent, I just spent a buttload at Barnes and Noble! I think I bought out their entire Stargate section!)

I know that a lot of people were interested in reading the extended version of the Jack/Sam scene in James Swallow's Stargate Universe "Air" novelization.

So without further ado:

Under spoilers for SGU "Air" Spoilers and for length:
                      Spoiler:
                      Harriman nodded. "We received a garbled subspace signal that cut out before we could make sense of it. All the evidence points to heavy localized jamming. All communications in that area have been completely cut off. The SGC can’t reach them either, but we managed to get in contact with the Hammond.” He tapped a few controls on a keypad and the screen switched to a standby mode. “I have Colonel Carter for you, sir.”

The general turned to the display as Samantha Carter’s face appeared on it. Behind her, O’Neill could see a slice of the Hammond’s bridge, and what appeared to be members of a damage control party working at blown-out consoles. What the hell happened out there? he wondered.

Carter looked grim, and she wasted no time with preamble and got straight to the point. “General, we barely got away,” she said. “The enemy came out of nowhere with an invasion force, hit us before we could react.”
                      “Who did this?” he demanded.

She frowned. “We think it was the Lucian Alliance.”

“What about Icarus Base?” He was dreading the answer.

The colonel’s lips thinned. “We now have visual confirmation. The planet was destroyed. Vaporized.”

“Good grief,” whispered Sharpe, from behind him.

“That explains why we haven’t been able to dial in.” O’Neill’s mind was already racing, thinking quickly on every possible outcome, every ripple that could spread out from the center of this terrible incident.

Carter went on. “We managed to beam aboard most of our people from the surface before jumping to hyperspace. We believe that the enemy forces were also destroyed in the planetary collapse.”

That meant no prisoners, and no prisoners meant nobody to interrogate as to the reasons why the Lucian Alliance - if they were to blame - had come to Icarus with malicious intent.

“Any word on how they may have gained intel on our base?” Carter was thinking the same thing.

O’Neill glanced at Harriman, and the sergeant shook his head. “No. We don’t even know why the attack was launched.” The general’s frown deepened; the last they had heard of the Alliance, that loose gathering of interstellar criminal factions were in the midst of an internal struggle, fighting one another to fill a power vacuum largely created by the actions of SG-1. Maybe they solved their differences and turned on us instead, he thought grimly. He looked up at the screen. “Casualties on our side?”

“Twelve,” said Carter. “Eighty plus MIA. Icarus’s bunker shielding technology prevented us from beaming out anyone inside. How many got through the gate to Earth?”
                      Harriman shook his head again.

“None.” And there it was; eighty people’s lives, cut down to one word.

The signal from the Hammond flickered, brief cosmic static washing across the image. “None?” repeated Carter, her brow creasing in confusion. “Our sensors indicated that their Stargate was active for a full six minutes before the planetary core went critical.”

“Well, they didn’t show up here.” O’Neill saw Harriman turn away and ask urgent questions of one of the desk operators.

“Then where did they go?”

“Good question,” said the general. “I’ll let you know when I have an answer.” He paused and offered his old friend a rueful smile. “Glad you’re okay, Colonel.”

Carter nodded. “Thank you, sir.”

“Safe trip home,” he told her, and she cut the connection.
                      SGU novel
                      Spoiler:

OLD FRIEND?! OLD FREAKING FRIEND?? NO AUTHOR LET ME THE SHIPPER CORRECT YOU.... the CORRECT term would be "WIFE" and/or "LOVER" not "FRIEND" :: falls over twitching ::

I know, I know, I know... the authors aren't privy to TPTB brain. OFFICIALLY we haven't been told they're married or whatever... but... but... but... but...

THEY SO ARE.

Okay my hissy fit is done.

What was I saying about young 'uns? Maybe I'm not so old after all :: giggles ::

Comment

Yes, we feel very special that our couple is the icon!!!

Same *Points to link in sig* I don't have much, but I will soon!!
                        (<<--True Love!!)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                          ROFL! Jess, I spent yesterday looking at the same thing. But I had to remind myself that that's not Canon...which I have to do quite often...and in Canon...she never called him sir! Woot!

Spoiler:
                          I was actually pretty surprised that even in the extended version, she still only calls him "sir" once, and personally, I think that the one time she did was with good reason. He says "I'm glad you're okay," and she says, "Thank you, sir." I can't really see her dropping that "sir", at least while on duty. It would sound too...not subordinate.

SGU novel
                          Spoiler:

OLD FRIEND?! OLD FREAKING FRIEND?? NO AUTHOR LET ME THE SHIPPER CORRECT YOU.... the CORRECT term would be "WIFE" and/or "LOVER" not "FRIEND" :: falls over twitching ::

I know, I know, I know... the authors aren't privy to TPTB brain. OFFICIALLY we haven't been told they're married or whatever... but... but... but... but...

THEY SO ARE.

What was I saying about young 'uns? Maybe I'm not so old after all :: giggles ::
                          Spoiler:
                          Totally agree. I rolled my eyes when I got to that part.
                          sigpic

Comment

SGU novel
                            Spoiler:

THEY SO ARE.

Spoiler:
                            DUDE! That's EXACTLY what I texted a certain someone (You know who you are ) while sitting in Barnes and Nobel!! lol Yeah I was like...blah. And to which said person texted back "That's exactly why we need confirmation"

Comment

Spoiler:
                              I was actually pretty surprised that even in the extended version, she still only calls him "sir" once, and personally, I think that the one time she did was with good reason. He says "I'm glad you're okay," and she says, "Thank you, sir." I can't really see her dropping that "sir", at least while on duty. It would sound too...not subordinate.

Spoiler:
                              Totally agree. I rolled my eyes when I got to that part.
                              Spoiler:
                              Ahh well. It is fanfiction after all...technically. Yes, it's extended but in the show, she didn't use a sir. Yes it was probably appropriate...but... lol

Edit-
                              Spoiler:
                              Technically....it wasn't written by BW or RCC (who wrote Air) so...no Canon...and I can continue to believe that she didn't say sir.

*is uber stubborn*

Edit- *realizes she is whining like a young'un*

You know...I used to be so innocent before this thread! I mean I actually have a cap of the Grace kiss in my PB where their mouths are closed! (relatively speaking ) because I thought it was "too guttery" for me to post!
                              Last edited by Regularamanda; 02 January 2010, 08:43 PM. Reason: Because I feel guilty about semi-ranting :o

Comment

A sad start to 2010:

OT
                                Spoiler:
                                Please keep my family in your prayers. Our little dog was admitted to the pet hospital tonight. He's got multiple things wrong with him, and the doctors don't know if he'll make it through the night. I'm beside myself with worry, but trying to give it to the Lord.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X