Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
    hey random question that might be a bit stupid, what is that braclet thingy that jack is wearing during the grace clip? from what i can tell he wears it almost all of season seven and i could swear sam is wearing a similar one that season too...??
    Sam's bracelet is actually AT's. She was given it by a group of soldiers in Afganistan when she visited there not long after the war started after 9/11. My mind is drawing a blank on the name of it, but it was made by the men and women who served out of parts of their uniforms and was meant to signify a bond between them. AT never took it off and was allowed to wear it on the show because they felt it was consistent with Sam's character that she would have one. Finally the bracelet fell off and after that you don't see it any more. If someone could recall exactly what those bracelets are called, I'd appreciate the reminder. They're not "friendship" bracelets, because the bond was supposed to be deeper and more meaningful than that.

RDA's bracelet was different. I think it was related to his charity for preserving sealife...ack...I'm drawing another blank. It's right on the tip of my tongue...I'm sure someone here will know it.

But no, they weren't meant to signify any kind of connection between the two characters.

EDIT: Yes...Hedwig's right about RDA's...that one was from Tibet. I'd forgottent about that. Thanks.

EDIT 2: The brain finally kicked in. AT's was called a Combat Bracelet.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Others who know better can correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the bracelet RDA wears something he got from his trip to Tibet (I think it was Tibet), and Amanda's has something to do with her visit to the troops in Iran/Afghanistan, and both are commemorative bracelets that they both chose to wear until the bracelets about fell apart?
      Ah thats really cool and makes total sense! my poor shipper brain was going crazy and thinking it was some angsty detail of a secret relationship but sane brain was telling me that probably wasnt the case haha thanks for clearing that up!

EDIT: and thanks to APA as well for the insight
      sigpic
      thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

(made by "brad" for desicomments.com)

(created by "ani" for desicomments.com)

(created by "linga" for desicomments.com)

(created by "Rajan Singh Patialvi" for desicomments.com)

(created by jaspreet for desicomments.com)

(made by 'steve" for desicomments.com)

I got carried away. I found this wonderful site with some wonderful New Year emoticons, and am posting them now in case I'm asleep at midnight (which is more than likely ...)
        Last edited by hedwig; 31 December 2009, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Ok...30 min left in here and probably won't be here at the time...

Happy New Year
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
            *pets plot bunny* Plot bunny noted!

\
            Actually wouldn't that be not so boring? After all they'd be angsty UST plot bunnies, because he'd still be turned on being that close to her and would want to fish with her...but he doesn't actually know what it feels like to...so not so boring right?

Happy New year!!!
            Amanda, sweetums, that was *boing* (as in popping up, bugs bunny-like sound), not b-o-r-i-n-g. Sheesh, kids these days! (huge grin)

Originally posted by Lady eliza View Post
            Ok, news update- granddad died this morning and I was with him with mum when he went.
            Eliza, I'm so sorry, and it was a blessing that you were with him.

Random thought. It was at this time last year that I was posting my first-ever long-ish Stargate fic. Not my first fic, but my first "long-ish" fic. If you wanna relive the thrill <grin>, it's here.

It was during our trip to Colorado Springs and our (my stepdaughter's and mine especially) odyssey of all things Stargate. (And, can I say that I find it really ironic that "Stargate" comes up as flagged for a spelling error on GW as I type?)

Flashback to pics from the trip:
            Spoiler:

Academy Drive sign in the Springs

'Nuff said.

It's me!

Jet shooting through sun behind Academy Chapel.

The gates through which the Cadet Corps march through on their first day.

Sculpture Garden behind Harmon Hall, facing the Chapel.

Edit: Hmm, this post is not so shippy, but for me it is 'cause it's about the Academy and Sam, and the Springs, which is where Jack lives, so...okay, maybe it's my math.
            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Remember I said I'd have something?

Here's a little... I don't now what it is.. is it a drabble? a one shot? I think it's a one shot. It's short whatever it is. Angsty. It's a moment in continuum explaining why she buys Froot Loops regularly...

Breakfast

Pol - I think it's incredibly shippy. After all it's where they met for crying out loud!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post

Here's a little... I don't now what it is.. is it a drabble? a one shot? I think it's a one shot. It's short whatever it is. Angsty. It's a moment in continuum explaining why she buys Froot Loops regularly...

Breakfast

Pol - I think it's incredibly shippy. After all it's where they met for crying out loud!!!
                Oh, this was brilliant.

and thank you.
                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                  Amanda, sweetums, that was *boing* (as in popping up, bugs bunny-like sound), not b-o-r-i-n-g. Sheesh, kids these days! (huge grin)

Eliza, I'm so sorry, and it was a blessing that you were with him.

Random thought. It was at this time last year that I was posting my first-ever long-ish Stargate fic. Not my first fic, but my first "long-ish" fic. If you wanna relive the thrill <grin>, it's here.

It was during our trip to Colorado Springs and our (my stepdaughter's and mine especially) odyssey of all things Stargate. (And, can I say that I find it really ironic that "Stargate" comes up as flagged for a spelling error on GW as I type?)

Flashback to pics from the trip:
                  Spoiler:

<really lazy snip>
                  Sculpture Garden behind Harmon Hall, facing the Chapel.

Edit: Hmm, this post is not so shippy, but for me it is 'cause it's about the Academy and Sam, and the Springs, which is where Jack lives, so...okay, maybe it's my math.
                  *lifts eyebrow*

*goes to check*

Oh....I was gonna say!

And those pictures are lovely Pol! And I'd think the exact same thing.

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post

Breakfast

Awww Angst! And continuum! That was very good!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

(And, can I say that I find it really ironic that "Stargate" comes up as flagged for a spelling error on GW as I type?)
                    I've been amused by many a spelling-error flag, here and in MS Word. Loads and loads of commonly used terms relating to fandom have been added to my dictionaries:

Fandom, Fanfiction, Fanfic, Fic, Vid, Pic, screencap, ep, Waffy (Warm and Fuzzy Feelings, not one I've seen used much in this fandom, but often comes up in others...), Shippy, Goa'uld, Teal'c, Stargate, Angsty, Guttery, Gutteriness, Yeahsureyabetcha... the list goes on and on and on...
                    Love and hot fudge,
                    Bren Ren
                    ~
                    My stories!
                    ~

sigpic

Comment

Oh, this was brilliant.

and thank you.
                      Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                      *lifts eyebrow*

Awww Angst! And continuum! That was very good!
                      You all are going to spoil me! LOL :: huggles Amanda & Pol ::

Comment

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR, SHIPPER FAMILY!

... AND LOTS OF SHIPPY GOODNESS IN 2010
                          "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                            Just came in to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
                            from me too....

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                            I'd buy that one ... as long as it had all the versions of the kiss from WoO and all the retakes of the kiss in Grace and what happened at the cabin after Threads/Moebius ...

oh, and maybe all the retakes (assuming there were any) of the kiss from Broca Divide ...
                            all the retakes period....I love watching bloopers....

Originally posted by Lady eliza View Post
                            Ok, news update- granddad died this morning and I was with him with mum when he went.
                            *squishy huggles* - so sorry to hear that....

Comment

The '2010' 2010 Fic, Vid and Artwork List

In honour of the dawning of a new year, 2010, The Penguins have compiled a list of their '2010' work

Please copy the last posted list and add your own fanfiction, music videos or artwork based on the episode/timeline '2010'.

Fanfiction
                              Fate & Free Will - Twilight506
                              Butterflies - Bekki
                              2010 - Bekki
                              The Wrong Timeline Trilogy - Rachel500 (prequel to 2010)
                              Back on Track - Rachel500 (TAG to 2010)
                              24 in 2010 by vss
                              Videos
                              2010 - The Sam & Jack Show - BrenRen
                              2010 - No Happy Ending - XFchemist
                              2010 - akachan
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Tg2Lh8X302010 - Tribute - by yessika *not available in all countries*

Artwork
                              Wallpaper - Josiane
                              Wp one 2010 - Starlover
                              Wp two 2010 -Starlover

In thumbnails for this post(so you can see those ugly wps if you want) :
                              Last edited by yessika; 01 January 2010, 03:29 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I'm ready to start celebrating the impending beginning of the New Year!

Since today is all about the final countdown, I thought I'd do a countdown of my own... So without further ado, I present to you:

My Top Ten Favoritest Sam & Jack Moments

# 10

The Serpent’s Lair Hidden Hug

I love this moment because it is so beautifully subtle. They’re feeling mighty victorious, having saved the world without killing Daniel again, and as the camera switches to viewing the scene through the wormhole, if you watch very carefully, you’ll see Jack and Sam hug. After a nice little embrace, Jack keeps his arm around her shoulder for a bit longer, and she briefly wraps her own arm around Jack’s waist. Jack’s arm drops away briefly before returning to rest on Sam’s shoulder as we fade to black. <Great big Shippy sigh!>

Love and hot fudge,
                                Bren Ren
                                ~
                                My stories!
                                ~

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X