Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
    FYI my 3 year old neice can get those open. Rosa can open doors right now (almost 2) but not those with the turny knob covers only because she's to short to reach, squee, twist and pull.
    ...and I remember a certain European girl that had a lot of trouble with those turny knob covers as well...it took her a few days before she could open them!

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    First GW, then the world...mwahahahahaha...*cough cough*

I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwww I promised to have my SJ vid finished by Shipmas but I haven't had time to sit down and get cracking on it cause I was making sure my gran was okay. Helping her out and stuff but I'll try my hardest to get it finished in time, but no promises

I don't work well under pressure
    Re bolded: You know the world is mine...I'm not sharing.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Yep, my reputation does say that

*giggles* I so gutterized that!

Aahhhhh finally home *falls down*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
      O.o o.O I give happy endings only after I know that I have thoroughly tortured you all. And you will be tortured with this fic.

And when it comes to fluff, I prefer to live in denial. I will NOT admit how awesome that pic is.
      See! Now I'm nervous.

And HA! You do think that picture is awesome. *smug grin*
      Originally posted by yessika View Post
      I'll take the torture as long as there is fluff in the end and there is gutter somewhere

I don't think anybody is capable of such denial!
      Same...but there *has* to be a happy ending.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      *whacks Amanda with a cod fillet* Angst is good for the soul

*iz excited*
      Ouch! Fluff is good for the heart!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        Kids and the gutter OT
        Spoiler:
        My little boy will be 3 in Feb... we discovered he knew how to open doors when while he was supposed to be taking a nap and Elijah & I were thinking about fishing and suddenly our bedroom door opens and "Hey there!" he says in his cheery little voice. We live in an old building and the bedrooms don't have locks O.O

Yes - now that's what S/J kid fics need - the kids walking in on them.

Oh yes... umm. I'm still waiting for that day myself...

OT kids
        Spoiler:

My little boy is three in February too. He cannot get in and out of rooms at the moment because our door handles are really high. He wakes up in the morning and, if we're not already up, he knocks on the door. It's sort of cute!

And OT your friend.

Spoiler:
        I am sorry to hear that. So sad. Depression is indeed a funny thing. I lost a cousin to suicide several years ago now, although in his case drugs played a big part of the problem.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Exactly, that's why I bolded it

Which in fact should not be necessary if any kind of accuracy is to be achieved, because she can be exactly who she is and still have difficulty in dealing with such a situation. Especially if it's true that Jonas treated her that way and then it happened again with another partner, because that's even harder to get your head around and deal with.
        I can actually see Jonas as having been, at least, verbally abusive towards Sam. Abuse can be extremely subtle and creep up very slowly. Often it's only people on the outside looking in that can see the situation for what it is. I'd not rule Sam out as a potential sufferer of abuse just because she doesn't seem the type.

I do think though, if you really must write something like rape or abuse it should be extremely well researched or, preferably, something you have some first hand experience of. I do understand that some people might want to write a fic around this as a catharsis for dealing with their own personal experience (there was a very good X Files fanfic author who did just this with Scully's character once - again someone you would not imagine could be a sufferer of abuse.) However, I think we all have our no-go areas when it comes to fic and if the subject matter is too personal and it's not done with respect and knowledge then it can be something of an insult to those reading it who have experienced it. In other words, tread lightly if you want to venture into that territory in your writing.

Anyhoo... it's time for:

Today's Advent calender Artwork is brought to you by

Achaja

For more information about the origins of the Advent, on which this calender is based, go to this site .

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          ...and I remember a certain European girl that had a lot of trouble with those turny knob covers as well...it took her a few days before she could open them!
          Gar, go away with those knobs, we got proper door handles over here. And the ones that you can lock with the little turning thing on the knob... Couldn't get the hang of these, people kept on barging in when I'd rather have them not to.

I'm sick in bed and feeling slightly better (=can watch TV all day rather then just sleep) and I have been scrolling through the drag that is season 8. There is so much relationship-stuff going on in that season that it bothers even me as a die-hard shipper... Couldn't they just have them kiss after one too many close calls rather than this soap opera season?

And I've finally watched Continuum:
          Spoiler:
          Sam buying Jack's favourite cereals and looking sad. Awwww. It was quite shippy, but why no on-screen confirmation? *rolls eyes*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Woohoo my first post on new/temp thread.

Really excited about Secret Santa. Want to say HUGE thanks to Twilight for reading through it.

Quick question: Am I supposed to post it on FF.net once the assignments are sent out? I wasn't going to...yet.

Also, I have a Shipmas fic I would like to post for the 19th, do I just post it on the day or does somene collate it? My first fic for a Shipy day so I'm a bit lost.
            sigpic
            I Believe
            My FanFiction

Comment

Originally posted by Mis.Understood View Post

Really excited about Secret Santa. Want to say HUGE thanks to Twilight for reading through it.

Quick question: Am I supposed to post it on FF.net once the assignments are sent out? I wasn't going to...yet.

Also, I have a Shipmas fic I would like to post for the 19th, do I just post it on the day or does somene collate it? My first fic for a Shipy day so I'm a bit lost.
              Secret Santas, you keep private until it's been sent on to your SS (presuming you have sent Eve the file in text/word format). Then, if you want, you can post on FF.net.

Shipmas, well, anything goes really. If you want to post it earlier go ahead. Failing that, post on the 19th.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                Oh yes... umm. I'm still waiting for that day myself...
                <snipped for space>
                In other words, tread lightly if you want to venture into that territory in your writing.

Anyhoo... it's time for:

Today's Advent calender Artwork is brought to you by

Achaja

http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/a.../cardpeace.jpg

For more information about the origins of the Advent, on which this calender is based, go to this site .

And label it if you do! Clear and concise so that people know what's in it ahead of time in case they don't like that sort of thing.

I'd wait till the secret santas are out before posting

And for the shipsmas fic, you just post on that day. If you're not going to be able to make it, let one of us know who will be here and we'd be happy to post it for you!

Comment

^^ You know Amanda from now on you are known as Eve's Secret Santa helper I love how you answer a lot of the questions about it It means I don't have to repeat myself

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    Secret Santas, you keep private until it's been sent on to your SS (presuming you have sent Eve the file in text/word format). Then, if you want, you can post on FF.net.

Shipmas, well, anything goes really. If you want to post it earlier go ahead. Failing that, post on the 19th.
                    Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    I'd wait till the secret santas are out before posting

And for the shipsmas fic, you just post on that day. If you're not going to be able to make it, let one of us know who will be here and we'd be happy to post it for you!
                    Thanks guys. Really appreciate it. But what I mean is do I HAVE to post it on FF.net at all. I wasn't going to.

You looking forward to your gifts??
                    Last edited by Mis.Understood; 13 December 2009, 02:10 PM.
                    sigpic
                    I Believe
                    My FanFiction

Comment

Oh! new thread !

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                        ^^ You know Amanda from now on you are known as Eve's Secret Santa helper I love how you answer a lot of the questions about it It means I don't have to repeat myself
                        Sweet! lol Glad to help

*adjusts elf hat*

Edit- Miss. Understood, nope you don't have to post it on FF if you don't want to.

Comment

Thanks guys. Really appreciate it. But what I mean is do I HAVE to post it on FF.net at all. I wasn't going to.

You looking forward to your gifts??
                          Nope, you don't have to post it anywhere but to your Secret Santa.
                          sigpic

Comment

Just dropping by with the latest Aftershock.

It's a TAG to Metamorphosis (so yes, lots of Sam/Jack UST).

Preservation

And the good news is that I may now be able to write something for Shipmas...although given I have a busy work week, goodness knows when I'll find the time...

Who needs sleep...right?
                            sigpic
                            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                              Who needs sleep...right?
                              Sleep is for the weak. And the well-rested.

Comment

I just finished the Secret Santa...so...bring it on....*giggles* I would almost feel sorry for the person that I got ...almost...but not quite yet...

And since I haven't seen this for 10 whole pages...I need to post it again!

Woohoo our thread is 10 pages long ...if you don't respect the small victories you'll never deserve the big ones... it's a dutch saying...just...translated...because...it's cute...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X