No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone! I'm new here but have been following discussion for some time. Nice to finally be part of this biiiig family
    sigpic

Comment

Sam, Jack and undergarments

*checks halo is in place*

My view is that Sam is entirely practical (white/black/grey cotton, comfortable supportive bras) on duty especially offworld because frankly, (a) she needs the comfort and not to be distracted by a wire prodding in the wrong place or a ribbon getting caught in the uniform, and (b) its more likely that the circumstances that warrant her getting naked aren't going to call for sexy lingerie at the best of times, and would be the poorest choice ever to be wearing in the more extreme worst of times (think Turghan partaking of his purchase ).

She might upgrade to a pretty underwear set when wearing the service blues/dress blues but even then I think she'd stay neutral for the most part with white/off-white.

However, I can see Sam indulging her girly side with pretty and sexy lingerie when she's off-duty, and I can see her post-S8 turning up for briefings with Jack wearing her prettiest underwear under her service blues (because she wants to feel sexy and because she wants to surprise him when they get a moment alone or after the briefing).

As far as Jack is concerned I see his underwear as fairly irreverent (Simpsons, love hearts, world's greatest lover, etc), boxers usually with longjohns for cold weather, with the occasional commando when he's at the cabin and its good weather.

As far as his view of Sam's underwear is concerned, I can see him appreciating when she wears something pretty - but overall much more concerned about getting it off her.

Ahem.

And that's all I have to say about the matter.

*checks halo again - ignores the plot bunny that bounced across her mind*
      sigpic
      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
        Sam, Jack and undergarments

*checks halo is in place*

Spoiler:

My view is that Sam is entirely practical (white/black/grey cotton, comfortable supportive bras) on duty especially offworld because frankly, (a) she needs the comfort and not to be distracted by a wire prodding in the wrong place or a ribbon getting caught in the uniform, and (b) its more likely that the circumstances that warrant her getting naked aren't going to call for sexy lingerie at the best of times, and would be the poorest choice ever to be wearing in the more extreme worst of times (think Turghan partaking of his purchase ).

She might upgrade to a pretty underwear set when wearing the service blues/dress blues but even then I think she'd stay neutral for the most part with white/off-white.

However, I can see Sam indulging her girly side with pretty and sexy lingerie when she's off-duty, and I can see her post-S8 turning up for briefings with Jack wearing her prettiest underwear under her service blues (because she wants to feel sexy and because she wants to surprise him when they get a moment alone or after the briefing).

As far as Jack is concerned I see his underwear as fairly irreverent (Simpsons, love hearts, world's greatest lover, etc), boxers usually with longjohns for cold weather, with the occasional commando when he's at the cabin and its good weather.

As far as his view of Sam's underwear is concerned, I can see him appreciating when she wears something pretty - but overall much more concerned about getting it off her.

Ahem.

And that's all I have to say about the matter.

*checks halo again - ignores the plot bunny that bounced across her mind*

Oh oh oh!!! Rachel... a plot bunny? You don't tend to wander into the gutter very often. O.o Is there a conversion taking place??

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
          It's not that I don't think he'd appreciate a pretty bra/panty set or even a little garter belt from time to time, but in general I see him more as the kind of guy who sees her in her natural state (make up off, tank top, shorts) and finds *that* incredibly erotic.
          Yes! Remember that sweet little tank top number?
          sigpic
          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Sorry to double post, but my husband just informed me he stopped at a new gun shop today that sold class three weapons. My adult son wanted my husband to buy me a P-90 (which they did have for sale) because it is SG-1's weapon! He thought I could run around with it reenacting scenes from the show. However, I'd like to reenact the Moebius kiss scene myself!
            sigpic
            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              There is issued underwear... to enlisted, at least when I was in. Officer's, at least in the Army when I was in, never had to wear it. I suspect it's the same way now and in the past in the Air Force.

And fic rec. Believe it or not, from me, it's Flutter : Just Like Breathing.

At one time, army skivies were tan or khaki colored. Even bras.

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                Sorry to double post, but my husband just informed me he stopped at a new gun shop today that sold class three weapons. My adult son wanted my husband to buy me a P-90 (which they did have for sale) because it is SG-1's weapon! He thought I could run around with it reenacting scenes from the show. However, I'd like to reenact the Moebius kiss scene myself!
                *whistles innocently*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post

Starlover, very creative! Though, some of those are AT and RDA and my stubborn fron just can't see those few pics as Sam /Jack!
                  i can, so i'm happy with it!

i 'know' it's not really 'sam & jack', but i'm pretty sure amanda and rick don't mind how we go a bit wiggy with it and make them sam/jack. as long as we don't cross the line, and we all know the difference, it should be alright. (if the mods disagree, speak up now, or forever hold your modness. )
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                    At one time, army skivies were tan or khaki colored. Even bras.
                    Oh, I know. John still has a bunch (not of bras ). But I know as an officer I never had to wear them, not did anyone EVER check. In fact, we had to go read the regs to know what, theoretically, we were 'allowed' to wear. No one cared.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i can, so i'm happy with it!

i 'know' it's not really 'sam & jack', but i'm pretty sure amanda and rick don't mind how we go a bit wiggy with it and make them sam/jack. as long as we don't cross the line, and we all know the difference, it should be alright. (if the mods disagree, speak up now, or forever hold your modness. )
                      The point isn't about what's allowed, I think what they're saying is it's hard to feel all fluffy and shippy about pictures which are, really, AT and RDA as good friends messing around. Cause it's really NOT Sam and Jack's emotions being expressed there.

OTOH, as has been said, some of the intentional publicity shots are more significant in that it's at least reflective of how it's perceived people want to see the two interact.. so poses there that can be interpreted as 'shippy' are probably intentionally so.

Still don't do a THING for me, though *sigh* (wish they did.. I want to like the Comicon pic )

EDIT: OTOH, I was on a shippy high for about 4 hours this morning after seeing Sam flinch at the end of Kindred while watching Beckett get frozen, so I get that feeling.. I'm just more.. obscure . Though it was on a double ship high cause I couldn't get "Helen.." out of my head afterwards, either (thanks RegAm )

Comment

Shouldn't we have wished Sam a Happy 41st Birthday yesterday (based on the ID that shows her birth date as December 29, 1968)? As someone who shares that day (but closer to Jack's age than Sam's) I know how easy it is for a birthday between Christmas & New Year's to get overlooked.
                        DDC

Comment

The point isn't about what's allowed, I think what they're saying is it's hard to feel all fluffy and shippy about pictures which are, really, AT and RDA as good friends messing around. Cause it's really NOT Sam and Jack's emotions being expressed there.

OTOH, as has been said, some of the intentional publicity shots are more significant in that it's at least reflective of how it's perceived people want to see the two interact.. so poses there that can be interpreted as 'shippy' are probably intentionally so.

Still don't do a THING for me, though *sigh* (wish they did.. I want to like the Comicon pic )
                          I'm sort of agreeing with you, I'm not to crazy about them either, but there's that one Avalon one (I think?) it's winter time, and AT has the long blonde hair and all of that, and I like seeing that picture because in my head (which is a scary place let me tell you ) I can picture how they look *now* considering we don't have that many pictures of Sam/Jack post threads together...So I do like that picture. So while I don't really *see* Sam and Jack, it helps me imagine how they'd look together now, if that makes sense.

But I think we all have our own preferences, because some people like manips and some people don't. Just a matter of opinion.

Comment

EDIT: OTOH, I was on a shippy high for about 4 hours this morning after seeing Sam flinch at the end of Kindred while watching Beckett get frozen, so I get that feeling.. I'm just more.. obscure . Though it was on a double ship high cause I couldn't get "Helen.." out of my head afterwards, either (thanks RegAm )
                            I was on a shippy high this morning too because I popped in my blue ray Continuum movie. Man, I love the angst....*shifty eyes* Err...I mean FLUFF! Fluff all the way!

And you're welcome! *snickers*

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                              Shouldn't we have wished Sam a Happy 41st Birthday yesterday (based on the ID that shows her birth date as December 29, 1968)? As someone who shares that day (but closer to Jack's age than Sam's) I know how easy it is for a birthday between Christmas & New Year's to get overlooked.
                              good point. Maybe someone talented could make a nice birthday card and post it here?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                                I'm sort of agreeing with you, I'm not to crazy about them either, but there's that one Avalon one (I think?) it's winter time, and AT has the long blonde hair and all of that, and I like seeing that picture because in my head (which is a scary place let me tell you ) I can picture how they look *now* considering we don't have that many pictures of Sam/Jack post threads together...So I do like that picture. So while I don't really *see* Sam and Jack, it helps me imagine how they'd look together now, if that makes sense.

But I think we all have our own preferences, because some people like manips and some people don't. Just a matter of opinion.
                                This one? It is from Avalon

Comment

Working...
                                X