No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this episode. Bet my sig gave me away, huh?
    This was the first fic I ever wrote.

The '2010' 2010 Fic, Vid and Artwork List

In honour of the dawning of a new year, 2010, The Penguins have compiled a list of their '2010' work

Please copy the last posted list and add your own fanfiction, music videos or artwork based on the episode/timeline '2010'.

Fanfiction
    Fate & Free Will - Twilight506
    Butterflies - Bekki
    2010 - Bekki
    The Wrong Timeline Trilogy - Rachel500 (prequel to 2010)
    Back on Track - Rachel500 (TAG to 2010)
    24 in 2010 by vss

Videos

Artwork

Comment

WoW... the shippy callendar ... it is awesome.
      I am thinking about printing it .. and putting on my wall. :-)
      Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
      / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        I found some stuff there but it's so busy and then I figured out the tag thing but then I think people do stuff in comments. I think I may give up LOL. Thanks for the link though
        lol. I was terrified of LJ for years. If you join the group new stuff shows up on your friends page. I don't go back and look around in the past, but it's a nice way of seeing new stuff. Plus you can 'friend' authors and then their new stuff shows up on your friends page, too. That's the best way to start out, IMHO.

Comment

So 2010 is coming up... and I'm wondering if there isn't something shippy we shouldn't do - nothing like a whole thread but maybe we should do a fic marathon about 2010 the episode - a celebration of sorts that our intrepid explorers fixed the timeline???

Shameless plug: Fate & Free Will - First chapter is what might have occurred between Jack and Sam in their last conversation before the events of 2010... and the second chapter is when Sam shows up at the cabin at the end of Moebius (stays IC IMO).

I'll try to make a vid. I have a song in my mind, but... I don't know..it's so sad. Even though, 2010 is not the funniest episode of SG1...
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
            *runs back in*

Okay...who has linkage to that S/J story set way back in, I think the 1800's, and it has Jane Austen type of writing style to it?
            Ask Nell, it's one of her favorites.
            sigpic

Comment

Hey Shippers! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and looking forward to the new year!

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              Hey, Trinity! Merry Christmas! *hugs*

In answer to your question, the story would be different, but the ending would be the same, because, of course, in every reality, in every timeline, in every universe, Sam and Jack are meant to be!

Yes. It would be fun to see what some of those scenes would have been like.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i just can't help but think that no matter, all sams and jacks are drawn to one another.

merry christmas, ship family!
              Indeed!!!

Yes we can. All together now....
              SOOOO MARRIED

And so concludes my 100 Looks of Jack... at least until Stargate:Resolution... er Revolution

The Beginning:

Thanks Twilight!

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
              I think Sam's type is actually reformed bad boys. And I think that's what attracts her in the first place is that slight edge of 'bad'.

The guys she's actually dated or been attracted to definitely fall into the category.

Jonas Hansen definitely has that air. Orlin was a rebel even if he was an Ascended being. Even Pete hinted in Chimera that he was a hoodlum before he joined the police.

But I think just as she eventually stepped back from Jonas, similarly if Jack had remained too 'Shades of Grey' then I think Sam would have been attracted but she would probably have stepped back.

I think the *reformed* part of reformed bad boy is important to her underlying values and she wouldn't have been happy with someone who continued to be bad.

And,

Happy Boxing Day!

And, Twi, loved the 100+ piccies of Jack - that was a nice Christmas pressie.
              But do you think she would have been able to hold on to her resolve to stand by the regs if Jack, being a bad boy, would have been willing to flout them?

Originally posted by siles View Post
              What about Joe Faxon in "2010"? I didn't get any bad boy vibe at all from him.
              Well not a bad boy in the traditional sense but his willingness to fight off the Ashen for Sam to get away gives us an idea that he's not the run of the mill diplomat.

Originally posted by Pol View Post
              *Popping in from the Christmas madness*

So...my future son-in-law is in, and good! He gave me a bobble-head Sam Carter. Seriously.

And then my partner said, "You realize, you have to take a picture of Sam next to her ship and post it to your online buddies."

Oh. *Pol wipes tear.* My family gets me!

I give you, Samantha Carter and the USS Hammond.
              http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...ARTER_Ship.jpg

Okay, yes. I have to redress her and change her grade, but still...awesome, eh?

Pol *busily converting fics to load onto her new Sony eReader.*
              Yay for your son-in-law. He'll obviously fit right into the family

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              no she didn't she called him colonel. He wanted her to call him Jack
              I'm sure he wanted her to call him a few other things as well

Is it too early for gutter?

Originally posted by zuz View Post
              Hello Shipper Family!

Although I missed almost all the shippy events this year (BTW thanks for the invitations, Melissa *hugs*) I'm still out there shipping. At least I've found time for another favourite shippy tradition of mine - I made a new Sam and Jack Calendar. So here it is for all of you to enjoy.

[center]Sam and Jack 2010 Calendar (A4 format, click and print )

part 1

Parts 2 & 3 soon to come
              Lovely Zuz. Thank you.

Originally posted by VSS View Post

The '2010' 2010 Fic, Vid and Artwork List

In honour of the dawning of a new year, 2010, The Penguins have compiled a list of their '2010' work

Please copy the last posted list and add your own fanfiction, music videos or artwork based on the episode/timeline '2010'.

Fanfiction
              Fate & Free Will - Twilight506
              Butterflies - Bekki
              2010 - Bekki
              The Wrong Timeline Trilogy - Rachel500 (prequel to 2010)
              Back on Track - Rachel500 (TAG to 2010)
              24 in 2010 by vss

Videos

Artwork
              Ohhhh. I've got one but I'd have to retype it and I'm not sure I'll make it by the end of the week. I'll try though and great idea!
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

*runs back in*

Okay...who has linkage to that S/J story set way back in, I think the 1800's, and it has Jane Austen type of writing style to it?
                I loved that one...and was even reading it when I was at B´s place this summer!
                Anyway...linkie:
                Cast your fate to the wind and it has a one chapter sequel I'll be your harvester of light

Question about the 2010! stuff...how do you want us to add artworks since if we post a picture/thumbnail of it the post will quickly get "full" so...will a normal link just do or so?!?!
                sigpic

Comment

Trinity ur looking at the gutteriest thread here on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    Anyway...linkie:
                    Cast your fate to the wind and it has a one chapter sequel I'll be your harvester of light

Question about the 2010! stuff...how do you want us to add artworks since if we post a picture/thumbnail of it the post will quickly get "full" so...will a normal link just do or so?!?!
                    Jann, I think a normal linky would be the way to go, or the post will get HUUUGE
                    I might be inspired to write another 2010 fic...although, I already have two...hm...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                      Ask Nell, it's one of her favorites.
                      Thanks!

Anyway...linkie:

Thanks Jenn, that one's a_loquita;s but wasn't the one I'm looking for. Although that is going on the E-reader

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                        lol. I was terrified of LJ for years. If you join the group new stuff shows up on your friends page. I don't go back and look around in the past, but it's a nice way of seeing new stuff. Plus you can 'friend' authors and then their new stuff shows up on your friends page, too. That's the best way to start out, IMHO.
                        I'm glad I'm not the only one having experienced fear with LJ. Is there a way to link it to something else like a main page so that I don't have to *go* to LJ everyday to check it? One of the things I love about ff.net is the alert system. It's one of the things I've found annoying about sjalwaysandforever.net - I uploaded my stories over there as well but other than reviews I don't get alerts on when stories are updated, etc.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post

I'll try to make a vid. I have a song in my mind, but... I don't know..it's so sad. Even though, 2010 is not the funniest episode of SG1...
                        Angst angst angst angst. LOL

You know...I have no 2010 fic. That is gonna have to get rectified!

You can join the community and then under your friends page you'll get updates when someone posts....give me tomorrow and I'll send you a PM about livejournal, it's so nifty once you figure it out!

But to tide you over, check out Sam_and_Jack for lots more fic!

I will have to wait for your oh so knowledgeable guidance

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                          Really? What a coinky-dink! The very first fic I ever wrote was based on this episode!

But it was bad. Really bad. Embarrassingly bad. I went back to re-edit it after getting some real fic-writing under my belt, and after cringing so hard my eyeballs nearly popped out of my head, I nearly re-wrote the whole thing.

But it never got added to ffnet. And the hard drive I saved it on crashed last summer--salvage crews are still working on the recovery effort... So I can't share it with y'all... I guess I'll just have to re-write it. Or write a new one. Not that I need another WIP. I've got so many dangling, I could weave a tapestry with all those loose threads...
                          Love and hot fudge,
                          Bren Ren
                          ~
                          My stories!
                          ~

sigpic

Comment

So...talking about AU's...someone got a good AU rec for me?
                            Well, I've got an itty bitty little one-shot, if you don't mind a spot of shameless self-promotion for an old fic...

Elephant in the Room ~ Sam and Jack have a conversation with... Sam and Jack. It's light and silly and one of my personal favorites!
                            Love and hot fudge,
                            Bren Ren
                            ~
                            My stories!
                            ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                              Really? What a coinky-dink! The very first fic I ever wrote was based on this episode!

But it was bad. Really bad. Embarrassingly bad. I went back to re-edit it after getting some real fic-writing under my belt, and after cringing so hard my eyeballs nearly popped out of my head, I nearly re-wrote the whole thing.

But it never got added to ffnet. And the hard drive I saved it on crashed last summer--salvage crews are still working on the recovery effort... So I can't share it with y'all... I guess I'll just have to re-write it. Or write a new one. Not that I need another WIP. I've got so many dangling, I could weave a tapestry with all those loose threads...
                              Isn't it funny how we cringe at old writing? I've actually thought about pulling one or two of my stories off ff.net for a "revamp" (A Tangled Web)... in fact I was just reading one of my own that I wanted to start fiddling with again...

But I'm a perfectionist and sometimes I just have to walk away no matter how badly I want to retool the story.

:: falls over ::

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                                Well, I've got an itty bitty little one-shot, if you don't mind a spot of shameless self-promotion for an old fic...

Elephant in the Room ~ Sam and Jack have a conversation with... Sam and Jack. It's light and silly and one of my personal favorites!
                                :: weeps :: It was FLUFFY. How could you DO that to me Bren?? :: weeps ::

I have even admit that it was CUTE. Next thing you know there'll be fluffy bunnies coming out of the woodwork and rainbows and unicorns.

Seriously - nice fic. But now I'm going to go dress in all black and listen to Metallica. I have a rep you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X