Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
    So 2010 is coming up... and I'm wondering if there isn't something shippy we shouldn't do - nothing like a whole thread but maybe we should do a fic marathon about 2010 the episode - a celebration of sorts that our intrepid explorers fixed the timeline???

Shameless plug: Fate & Free Will - First chapter is what might have occurred between Jack and Sam in their last conversation before the events of 2010... and the second chapter is when Sam shows up at the cabin at the end of Moebius (stays IC IMO).
    I tihnk that's a great Idea, Twi!!!

I don't know if anyone has any vids for 2010, but I know there's some great artwork out there too...

Ok...I'll start a list

The '2010' 2010 Fic, Vid and Artwork List

In honour of the dawning of a new year, 2010, The Penguins have compiled a list of their '2010' work

Please copy the last posted list and add your own fanfiction, music videos or artwork based on the episode/timeline '2010'.

Fanfiction
    Fate & Free Will - Twilight506
    Butterflies - Bekki
    2010 - Bekki

Videos

Artwork
    sigpic

Comment

How long do we have for this 2010 thing? Because I could make a vid
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
        How long do we have for this 2010 thing? Because I could make a vid
        Til the end of the week maybe??? LOL This is all so impromptu! But 2010 has so much potential for angst it makes me a squee inside.

I mean, when it comes to angst, I've got T on my side:

Again - Sam is unaccounted for and Jack is having a heck of time dealing and he's SMILING. Only cavern dwellers do that...

Bekki - way to take initiative cuz y'know, I'm great at generating ideas not so good at the follow through LOL

Comment

I have an LJ account but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I mean, I see the clicky links, but mostly based on my overwhelming laziness at not wanting to figure it out... I haven't. I can't find the secret stash of s/j fics... so I just wait til one ya'll give me a linky.
          Try:
          SJ Every Day

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I found some stuff there but it's so busy and then I figured out the tag thing but then I think people do stuff in comments. I think I may give up LOL. Thanks for the link though

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
              I tihnk that's a great Idea, Twi!!!

I don't know if anyone has any vids for 2010, but I know there's some great artwork out there too...

Ok...I'll start a list

In honour of the dawning of a new year, 2010, The Penguins have compiled a list of their '2010' work

Please copy the last posted list and add your own fanfiction, music videos or artwork based on the episode/timeline '2010'.

Fanfiction
              Butterflies - Bekki
              2010 - Bekki

Videos

Artwork
              You know...I have no 2010 fic. That is gonna have to get rectified!

I found some stuff there but it's so busy and then I figured out the tag thing but then I think people do stuff in comments. I think I may give up LOL. Thanks for the link though
              You can join the community and then under your friends page you'll get updates when someone posts....give me tomorrow and I'll send you a PM about livejournal, it's so nifty once you figure it out!

But to tide you over, check out Sam_and_Jack for lots more fic!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*runs back in*

Okay...who has linkage to that S/J story set way back in, I think the 1800's, and it has Jane Austen type of writing style to it?

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  I agree and it does make sense.

I like reading about AU's because they give us a different view of how the characters could have become if they made, for example, one different decision or did one thing different or one extra/different event made them change their minds. I like reading those because it gives me in a way a new view of the characters and sometimes lets me learn the characters in a way we couldn't have learned about in canon.

I do hate reading stories where S/J are so different and OoC that people just used their names and settings but the characters aren't ...the same...I know that everyone sees a character different but sometimes it just ain't realistic.

So...talking about AU's...someone got a good AU rec for me?

I like AU stories, but I agree with you: Sam and Jack must be "in character".
                  Well, I don't know if here there are people that know French. But if you can read in French, you have to check this amazing writer Ellana-san. I love her stories but my favourite is On the road

sigpic
                  My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    *runs back in*

Okay...who has linkage to that S/J story set way back in, I think the 1800's, and it has Jane Austen type of writing style to it?
                    Didn't Annerb write that?
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      Didn't Annerb write that?
                      I found the original link on Live Journal, so it's possible...I just went looking through her fics and it didn't jump out at me ...do you remember the title?

Edit- I don't think it is...
                      Last edited by Regularamanda; 27 December 2009, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Nope its a. loquita!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5196170/...te_to_the_Wind
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Literatiwannabe at fanfiction.net had a similar story, exactly Jane Austin style, but I cannot find it, sorry Something along the line of Sam being a mistress of her father's estate, dealing with all the man's work and Jack - a retired colonel, who bought the neighbouring estate.

edit: Sorry, I found it: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2733617/...ering_Business

By the way, there was a set of two stories about Jack and Sara, post Jack/Sam marriage, I think MissAnthropic was the author. Somebody help with a link?
                          "It is the quiet ones that change the Universe." Londo Molari, "Babylon 5"

Comment

So whats this thing about 2010 now?

Comment

Fanfiction
                              Butterflies - Bekki
                              2010 - Bekki
                              The Wrong Timeline Trilogy - Rachel500 (prequel to 2010)
                              Back on Track - Rachel500 (TAG to 2010)

Videos

Artwork
                              sigpic
                              Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                              My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                                Hi! I don't know you, but I have heard of you and seen many of your amazing smilies So hi again, you can call me Val
                                Hello, Val. Nice to meet you.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                                welcome back zuz and rachel...
                                Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                ZUZ!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back!

LOVE the calendar! Yay! Awesome work hon!
                                Hi gals! *hugs* It's good to be back.

Sam and Jack 2010 Calendar (A4 format, click and print )

part 2

part 1
                                part 3 soon to come
                                "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X