No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am stalling my much needed catching up and artwork-making for my other threads, so...
    Nice calendar zuz
    Rachel-Kree: thanks for the awesome link!
    sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      Fic Rec: On a Good Day

Short little bit of fluffy gutter.
      :: eyes Jenn warily :: FLUFFY gutter? I don't know if I can do that. I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate. O.o o.O :: ponders her next move ::

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        I think you're right depending on the AU. For example, people saying what if Sam and Jack decided not to leave it in the room -I would agree that to some extent the requires an OOC decision. On the other hand Jack and Sam get stranded on a planet together. Now we've taken *our* Sam and Jack and placed them in a situation that we never had the chance to see. That doesn't require OOC, that requires an understanding of the characters in order to extrapolate what their behavior would be.

That being said, I don't mind the "what if" they made another decision partly because it plays in the world that Stargate has set up - there are multiple AUs and so those fanfics in my head are us taking a look and seeing how things might have turned out differently. And I enjoy those myself (again, good characterization is required.) - the reason I don't consider it OOC is because for example, we have Dr. Carter, meaning somewhere Sam made a choice...

Does that make sense?
        I agree and it does make sense.

I like reading about AU's because they give us a different view of how the characters could have become if they made, for example, one different decision or did one thing different or one extra/different event made them change their minds. I like reading those because it gives me in a way a new view of the characters and sometimes lets me learn the characters in a way we couldn't have learned about in canon.

I do hate reading stories where S/J are so different and OoC that people just used their names and settings but the characters aren't ...the same...I know that everyone sees a character different but sometimes it just ain't realistic.

So...talking about AU's...someone got a good AU rec for me?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          I agree and it does make sense.

I like reading about AU's because they give us a different view of how the characters could have become if they made, for example, one different decision or did one thing different or one extra/different event made them change their minds. I like reading those because it gives me in a way a new view of the characters and sometimes lets me learn the characters in a way we couldn't have learned about in canon.

I do hate reading stories where S/J are so different and OoC that people just used their names and settings but the characters aren't ...the same...I know that everyone sees a character different but sometimes it just ain't realistic.

So...talking about AU's...someone got a good AU rec for me?
          Well there's this one where in an AU Sam and Jack end up in a relationship and they have a baby that's sent to another universe where the S/J there are more like our S/J... oh wait, that's *my* fic isn't it? Oh... gee... too bad I'm still working on the next chapter...

:: evil laughter ::

Comment

:: eyes Jenn warily :: FLUFFY gutter? I don't know if I can do that. I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate. O.o o.O :: ponders her next move ::
            It's mostly Jack!Comedy. Does that help?

Comment

Well there's this one where in an AU Sam and Jack end up in a relationship and they have a baby that's sent to another universe where the S/J there are more like our S/J... oh wait, that's *my* fic isn't it? Oh... gee... too bad I'm still working on the next chapter...

:: evil laughter ::
              *hits Twi with bat*
              Christmas makes me evil

I want a new chapter. I already fell from my chair, my bed and my feet hurt too much for tapping impatiently with them!

I'm going into strike till you post a new one

*crosses arms stubbornly*

Jenn nice fic rec but I think I read it earlier this month, is that possible? got an old memory; it tends to forget things
              sigpic

Comment

Jenn nice fic rec but I think I read it earlier this month, is that possible? got an old memory; it tends to forget things
                Yes, she posted it herself on the 17th of December, but only to the list now.

Comment

It's mostly Jack!Comedy. Does that help?
                  I gave in already LOL. I can't resist a good fic rec. It's like I'm a drug addict. And I'd get help but I hang out with other junkies...

*hits Twi with bat*
                  Christmas makes me evil

I want a new chapter. I already fell from my chair, my bed and my feet hurt too much for tapping impatiently with them!

Hey I'm working on it Well... sort of, I'm waiting for google to upload all my docs. This computer I'm on is wonky and I think you'd be sorely disappointed if I lost everything I'd worked on thus far... so... by the end of the week. That is my self-imposed deadline!!

Comment

Fic Rec: On a Good Day

Short little bit of fluffy gutter.
                    Nice fic!!! I *love* fluffy gutter
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Yes, she posted it herself on the 17th of December, but only to the list now.
                      Ah ok...I have her in my LJ list so I think I probably read it when she posted it

I gave in already LOL. I can't resist a good fic rec. It's like I'm a drug addict. And I'd get help but I hang out with other junkies...
                      So...you're calling us junkies? That just sounds bad while this is a wonderful thing for the brain

Hey I'm working on it Well... sort of, I'm waiting for google to upload all my docs. This computer I'm on is wonky and I think you'd be sorely disappointed if I lost everything I'd worked on thus far... so... by the end of the week. That is my self-imposed deadline!!
                      ....one whole week I'm going to cry now Will that help?

I'm desperate for fic I know! The problem I have is that I prefer reading fic over real life books and I still have two books to read!
                      sigpic

Comment

*hits Twi with bat*
                        Christmas makes me evil

sheesh....and here I thought Shannon was the sadistic one....

Comment

Ah ok...I have her in my LJ list so I think I probably read it when she posted it
                          I have an LJ account but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I mean, I see the clicky links, but mostly based on my overwhelming laziness at not wanting to figure it out... I haven't. I can't find the secret stash of s/j fics... so I just wait til one ya'll give me a linky.

So...you're calling us junkies? That just sounds bad while this is a wonderful thing for the brain
                          The sheer amount of time we spend shipping should say something about our obsession. Yes, we are junkies but you know what, only quitters quit.

....one whole week I'm going to cry now Will that help?

I'm desperate for fic I know! The problem I have is that I prefer reading fic over real life books and I still have two books to read!
                          Hey I've pumped out a good deal of shorter stories so I haven't left you STARVING.. mwhahaha... just wait til you hear the ideas floating around in my head for my next big fic project.... with only 2 chapters and an epilogue left for Professional Boundaries, I'm starting to plan my next attack

Comment

Finally all caught up!

Pol, love the bobble head. You need a Jack one now to put beside Sam . . .
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

So 2010 is coming up... and I'm wondering if there isn't something shippy we shouldn't do - nothing like a whole thread but maybe we should do a fic marathon about 2010 the episode - a celebration of sorts that our intrepid explorers fixed the timeline???

Shameless plug: Fate & Free Will - First chapter is what might have occurred between Jack and Sam in their last conversation before the events of 2010... and the second chapter is when Sam shows up at the cabin at the end of Moebius (stays IC IMO).

Comment

Well, not exactly a bobble-head doll but here's a Jack-in-the-Box...
                                For size
                                Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X