Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post

I was also wondering, what if Jack was the geek and Sam the ultra cool hottie, how do you think that would have worked out?

I don't actually think of Sam as a geek but Jack has called her that from time to time.

What do you think?
    i just can't help but think that no matter, all sams and jacks are drawn to one another.

merry christmas, ship family!
    Last edited by majorsal; 25 December 2009, 08:10 PM. Reason: an alien was inside my brain, but trying to come out, made my eye fall out and hit the keyboard and wrong letters were pushed
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post

Can we say.... SOOOO MARRIED?

And so concludes my 100 Looks of Jack... at least until Stargate:Resolution... er Revolution

The Beginning:

Thunks and a BIG, HONKIN' SQUEE for your 100 Looks of Jack
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post

Thunks and a BIG, HONKIN' SQUEE for your 100 Looks of Jack
        Thank you! Thank you!!

It was actually really cool to do - I saw lots of things I never realized before. You know how they say couples become more like each other as the years go by.. I really think that happened for Sam and Jack.

Comment

for some reason, if helen magnus was still a blond, i could see her looking (giving a look) just like this.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            for some reason, if helen magnus was still a blond, i could see her looking (giving a look) just like this.
            Now that you mention it *slightly OT* Magnus would so sweep Jack off his feet!
            sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #97

Okay, only time for one last dive in the Gutter here before I head off to watch holiday movies with my youngest li'l one...

{as heard by Jack} Technobabble, technobabble, technobabble, Doohickey, technobabble, technobabble...
              {Must keep hands on desk. We may be married now, but we're on the clock. No six-grabbing on the clock.}

I just had a thought...
              Do tell!
              We just emptied out that storage room on level 32...
              Ah, the old storage room on level 32... Have I ever told you how much I love the way you think?
              Once or twice. Usually you just tell me I think too much.
              Yeah, well, you do. And now you're talking too much. We could've been there by now!

{off screen} Would you two just get a room already?

We're working on it! Go study a rock, space monkey!!

{offscreen} Indeed.

Last edited by BrenRen; 25 December 2009, 09:37 PM. Reason: Two, not too. They're, their, there!
              Love and hot fudge,
              Bren Ren
              ~
              My stories!
              ~

sigpic

Comment

Bren you crack me up - I think it would be hilarious if after she mentioned clearing out storage locker 32, she then goes on to talk about sticking her doohickeys in it... at which point Jack is salivating and she rolls her eyes. Because of course doohickey means something completely different to him

Comment

Bren you crack me up - I think it would be hilarious if after she mentioned clearing out storage locker 32, she then goes on to talk about sticking her doohickeys in it... at which point Jack is salivating and she rolls her eyes. Because of course doohickey means something completely different to him

Yeah, well... if they happen to mention a storage room on level 32 in Movie Three, I will die of convulsive fits of laughter. (They've really at least got to give us a title--and I really like yours, Shannon! Stargate: Resolution! That Rocks!!)
                  Love and hot fudge,
                  Bren Ren
                  ~
                  My stories!
                  ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post

Yeah, well... if they happen to mention a storage room on level 32 in Movie Three, I will die of convulsive fits of laughter. (They've really at least got to give us a title--and I really like yours, Shannon! Stargate: Resolution! That Rocks!!)
                    I can't take credit for it... I'm pretty sure that was the joke way back on the broken thread LOL. I just like that name way better than Revolution. Y'know, cuz, I mean, who cares about the actual story? :: rolls eyes :: I watch Stargate for Sam and Jack. (j/k... well... okay not entirely j/k... er... )

EDIT: Look!! Custom avvie!!! I picked something guttery and angsty *sigh* I forget who made it... er... so if it was ONE OF YOU OUT THERE feel free to raise your hand and take credit. I snurched it a while back (someone made it and said it was snurchable...)
                    Last edited by Nynaeve506; 25 December 2009, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I can't take credit for it... I'm pretty sure that was the joke way back on the broken thread LOL. I just like that name way better than Revolution. Y'know, cuz, I mean, who cares about the actual story? :: rolls eyes :: I watch Stargate for Sam and Jack. (j/k... well... okay not entirely j/k... er... )
                      Yup joke on the other thread Because we already had that name for our musical version SG: Resolution...with all songs etc. and then there comes a name that looks like ours...I think JM just made a typing error in his blog

EDIT: Look!! Custom avvie!!! I picked something guttery and angsty *sigh* I forget who made it... er... so if it was ONE OF YOU OUT THERE feel free to raise your hand and take credit. I snurched it a while back (someone made it and said it was snurchable...)
                      *raises hand* I made it and yes my stuff is snurchable with credit

Congrats on 2,0000 posts Twilight
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        so i was reading on the helen/tesla ship thread, and thought... would sam had still fallen in love with jack if he'd been a bad boy?
                        I think Sam's type is actually reformed bad boys. And I think that's what attracts her in the first place is that slight edge of 'bad'.

The guys she's actually dated or been attracted to definitely fall into the category.

Jonas Hansen definitely has that air. Orlin was a rebel even if he was an Ascended being. Even Pete hinted in Chimera that he was a hoodlum before he joined the police.

But I think just as she eventually stepped back from Jonas, similarly if Jack had remained too 'Shades of Grey' then I think Sam would have been attracted but she would probably have stepped back.

I think the *reformed* part of reformed bad boy is important to her underlying values and she wouldn't have been happy with someone who continued to be bad.

And,

Happy Boxing Day!

And, Twi, loved the 100+ piccies of Jack - that was a nice Christmas pressie.
                        sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                          I think that the falling into bed so soon with the wrong person was just their way of trying to force themselves to move on. It was if they thought, if I sleep with someone else, I'll lose the feelings I have for Jack/Sam. So sad. Cuz it didn't work.
                          Oh, absolutely. And I think that's part of why that scene in the conference room with Jacob in Threads is so sad. They've both tried to find 'happiness' by moving on, and so should be happy (if their plan had worked) However, it did not and, if anything, because now they've managed to mess up what relationship they *did* have, they're both more miserable than ever.

Not sure whether they deserve hugs of pity or to be smacked upside their heads for that one...

Comment

Of course, then she leaves and we see this:

Resignation? Frustration with the status quo? Angst in spades baby. Angst in spades.
                            I *love* that scene, too. Not only is it angst, but I think we also see why their relationship works so well. She lifts him out of his depression - at least until he remembers she's *not* his and she can't stay - and he not only accepts her inner geek but actually appreciates it as part of what makes Sam *Sam*.

*happy sigh*

The proverbial cat that ate the canary. From the resignation, frustration to a brief moment when Jack takes the chance to realize everything he wants - and he finds out that Sam wants him too. I've always felt bad that on some level he has the security of knowing what she feels while later, she struggles with trying to figure him out.
                            Only, really, I think what's significant too is that in D&C (at least for the audience) Sam's reciprocation of Jack's 'caring more than he's supposed to' is left as inference. WoO makes it clear she *does*. And at that point, she knew how he felt, really. It's just later she doesn't. IMHO of course.

EDIT: Almost forgot, wanted to link Looping, one of the absolute best WoO fics (IMHO, of course )
                            Last edited by JenniferJF; 26 December 2009, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Remember I mentioned that if they weren't bound by the military they would do things like this? Although we can't see his face dead on, I sense peace in his presence and a comfortable air between them. Jack's not in a hurry with their relationship - these moments carry a lot of weight with him.
                              What I love about that scene, too, is that here, even in this 'artificial' personality without their true memories, Sam and Jack are still so completely *Sam and Jack*. In this scene (in BtS when her head's on his shoulder) (spoilered for space):
                              Spoiler:
                              O’NEILL / JONAH

Would it mean anything if I told you I remember something else?

CARTER/ THERA

What?

O’NEILL / JONAH

Feelings.

CARTER / THERA

Feelings?

O’NEILL / JONAH

I remember feeling feelings.

CARTER / THERA

For me?

O’NEILL / JONAH (sarcastically)

No, for TOR.

CARTER / THERA laughs at him.

O’NEILL / JONAH

I don’t remember much. But I do remember that.

CARTER / THERA

So…

O’NEILL / JONAH

So…I’m just saying.

CARTER / THERA

Well then I feel better.
                              What I *love* about that is, even without full access to their memories (or maybe because of that?) Jack realizes Sam is upset about something, and he very quickly says exactly what he needs to make her 'feel better' - because I think here we see a resurfacing of Sam's greatest fear, that she's going to lose Jack/Jonas whom she's starting to love, because, as their memories return, they're going to learn their feelings for each other aren't 'real'. And Jack - without her even having to vocalize this fully - says exactly the right thing in letting her know the feelings they have for each other aren't fake but exist beyond their loss of memories....

Of course, then they get slapped with their memories and with those come all those complications Jonah and Thera had no concept of, not merely the regs but also all the memories of pain and loss and fear and the full realization of all the reasons they won't let themselves be happy together.

And I agree with you, Twi. I think Jack at the beginning of this episode is about the happiest we see him. Not simply because in his mind he can have Sam, but he's also forgotten all the pain of his past - Charlie and the break-up of his marriage - and is really *happy*

So many of Jack's expressions can be picked up from his body language alone. I've picked a lot of caps where you can't see his face dead on and this is one where I *wish* we could. Sam's smile and her eyes speak to what she's reflecting from him. I think it's true that a woman's confidence is deeply affected by her lover. It's what I find insane about their relationship - they're *not* lovers but their body language screams that they should be.
                              Which is, really, what I think Kerry saw almost immediately in Threads. Because it's not simply their body language, but the entire way they treat each other. It's part of what makes it all so tragic, Jack (especially) tends to treat Sam as his mate, down to feeling guilty for being with Kerry, yet he's not even really free to touch her...

Comment

OT Gutter (and Bren ):
                                Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                                So...now you know. I come by it honest. The old fashioned way, even!
                                lol. Last night my father said *something* (can't even remember what) and it had a serious double meaning. I must have shown something in my expression, cause he looked at me and declared, "You have a dirty mind..."

For which I blame Bren (and several of the rest of you )

Comment

Working...
                                X