Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Look #91

Remember how I mentioned before that Jack sees Sam as experiencing things that brings her closer to his own reality? At the end of Gemini she's blaming herself for having taught Fifth betrayal, but Jack was the one that asked her to. Remember his expression then?

Refresher pics:
    Spoiler:

He's responsible - not only for the betrayal, but also for giving Sam something she has to carry within her - much like the kind of guilt he too carries within himself.

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
    I love, love, *love* all of your pics, Rachel. Great analyses.

And look! You're almost to 2,000! Whoo!

I'm Shannon and YES I AM SO CLOSE :: jumps up and down :: Almost there, almost there...
    Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
      Shades of Han Solo, anyone? Not that it's a first... Sam turning away as Jack got goa'uld'ed in Into the Fire, "I know" earlier in this very episode... I really love the fact that they paid such loving homage to the greatest Sci Fi love story of all time!
      LOL, I just rewatched Episodes IV, V, and VI of Star Wars all last night (), and was struck by just how much deja vu I was having watching these movies and comparing them to Stargate. The characters, the lines, everything reminds me of SG.

The Carbonite freezing in Episode V is one of my favorite scenes, but I love the romantic development between Han and Leia, and because it reminds me so much of "Lost City". The angst lover in me rejoices!

Here's one of my all-time favorite character fics, based on this idea.
      Of Wontons and Wookies
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        I'm Shannon and YES I AM SO CLOSE :: jumps up and down :: Almost there, almost there...
        *headdesk* D'oh! So sorry about that! I really do know the two of you apart!

sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Jack Look #92

Sam is off on a phone call and Jack is watching *her* while Teal'c babbles on about... something. In seriousness though, he's fixed intently on her... but then...

He tries to act nonchalant but personally I feel like this is one of the weakest attempts I've seen by him. One can only deny personal feelings for so long.
          Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #93

Where have we seen this expression before? Here's a hint, we haven't seen it in a very, very long time. He's studying her again. For the last few years he's *known* her, he's known how she felt, but then she dated Pete and then she got engaged and everything he thought he knew was turned upside down. Then Sam shows up in his yard and starts talking about mistakes. We often get caught up in the fact that he's concerned about Kerry inside, but his face tells a secondary story - he's relearning Sam. What he thought he knew, he doesn't.

Refresher pics:
            Spoiler:

In the Line of Duty

The Serpent's Grasp

Scorched Earth

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
            *headdesk* D'oh! So sorry about that! I really do know the two of you apart!
            Tis okay - I don't mind being confused with Rachel LOL
            Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #94

Sam is on her phone at this point. Kerry is looking at him, but he keeps half an eye on Sam. We often assume that he must have said something in order to tip Kerry off, but if she's astute (which I think she is, perhaps the writers were compensating for Pete's lack) - she had to have seen that he didn't waver in his attention. In fact as Sam walks away:

I think a small, tiny glimmer is coming back to life in his mind as it pertains to Sam. Personally I think his relationship with Kerry was an attempt to deal with the fact that he thought he'd lost Sam... but now... he's drawn to her even when he's in the presence of a pretty great woman.
              Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #95

This is it! The "Always" moment. The back and forth, the what ifs, the questions... and Jack knows and is done pretending. Sam knows and is done pretending. The intensity of Jack's gaze always sends shivers down my spine.

The weight of this moment feel incredibly satisfying. Although I still want my BHK!
                Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #96

And we have FISHING!!!!!!!! Look at how happy and relaxed Jack looks. There's a sense of completion here and it's beautiful...

but wait...

there's MORE...
                  Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #97

This is from Moebius and felt it should go on it's own since it appears in a separate episode. I love the mirrored expressions yet again. They were so made for each other
                    Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #98

We talk a lot about how their body language tells us that this is RST And definitely the body language does say that... but look at Jack's face - look at his eyes. For years we've seen a level of longing that was torture, but here, there's none that. He looks at her and he has her, there's nothing to yearn for.

Refresher pic
                      Spoiler:
                      Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #99

Besides the very obvious boredom Jack is displaying, I love that he doesn't even have to look at her when talking. Oh, he turns once or twice perhaps, but there's a security there. He knows what she looks like. They've been fishing after all
                        Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #100

Wait a minute, you're saying, we know the difference between Jack and Sam and that is SAM... well duh. I selected this specifically because of how much it looks like Jack when he thought he was going to lose Sam. Now they're even:

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Jack Look 101

Can we say.... SOOOO MARRIED?

And so concludes my 100 Looks of Jack... at least until Stargate:Resolution... er Revolution

The Beginning:

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                              Although I still want my BHK!

All I Want for Christmas is a Big Honkin’ Kiss

All I want for Christmas is a Big Honkin’ Kiss
                              A Big Honkin’ Kiss
                              A Big Honkin’ Kiss
                              A Sam and Jack Big Honkin’ Kiss

Gee, if I could only see
                              A Real Sam and Jack Kiss
                              A Real Sam and Jack Kiss
                              Then I’d be happy this Christmas

It’s been so long since I could say
                              That I saw Sam and Jack kissing
                              Gosh, oh gee, how happy I’d be
                              If we could just get one Big Honkin’ Kiss!

All I want for Christmas is a Big Honkin’ Kiss
                              A Big Honkin’ Kiss
                              A Big Honkin’ Kiss

A Big Hnkin’ Non-AU Non-Timeloop Non-AlteredTimeline Non-alien-technology-virus-drug influenced non-hallucination-imagination Real Sam Real Jack KISS!!!

Love and hot fudge,
                              Bren Ren
                              ~
                              My stories!
                              ~

sigpic

Comment

LOL - Thanks Bren for the song. La la la... well now I just have to wait until GW decides I'm supposed to have a custom avatar option. I read on the mod forum thingy that it's not "exactly 2000" which seems odd, but oh well

Comment

Working...
                                X