Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Look #67

What you don't see is Jack's hand telling Carter to set the timer for three minutes instead of five so that they can trap Fifth. Take the time to note that there is no question or doubt in his eyes that Sam will follow his order, he trusts her completely - even when he knows he's giving her an order that violates her own principles. Remember the last time? When we had him ordering her to turn the naquadah generator into a bomb? His eyes held question to see how far she would go... he knows that now and he is unwavering in his belief in her. And from what I see in his eyes, he knows what he is asking her to do and he hates it.
    Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #68

The consequences of what he has asked her to do are written all over his face. I sense that he not only is worried about what he has done to her but he knows he has showed to her a side of himself that he works very hard to cover up with humor. But he's a hardened solider whether she realizes it or not.

Again, I think it's important you see what he sees:

And his eyes linger...

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #69

Niirti has started her experiments... and he can't stay away from her...

What does this image remind you of? I think it reminds me of a sadder, darker version of...

Spoiler:
        Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #70

I picked it because of how zoned in on Sam he is

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #71

There's that look again! Remember it from "Unnatural Selection"? What was that you asked Skaara? Are they coming to your wedding "together"???

Sam is loving this moment just a little too much
            Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #72

I just love that he turns to Sam while chatting away on his walkie
              Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #73

One of the things I love most about Jack is that he's completely comfortable with the fact that Sam is "way smarter" than he is. He asks her question without shame... and I think sometimes just to have the chance to talk with her.
                Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:48 PM.

Comment

*claps in hands* Great looks Twi Awesome to see S/J in a "quick" see through again ...

*sigh Personally...dead tired right now...started working at 2 pm this afternoon just finished at 2:30 am...no breaks. Tomorrow probably again.

I hope everyone had(is having) a great chrstimas!
                  sigpic

Comment

Jack Look #74

Almost missed! This was supposed to be 72, but I missed it as I was busy uploading. This one is yet again Jack admiring Sam when she isn't looking
                    Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #75

Ah, we come the *the* episode. The moment when Sam makes important life decisions while suffering from a concussion. Her decision making could have only been improved by adding vodka... but we're talking about *Jack* here so for your angst-viewing pleasure:

She's missing and they're hunting. Daniel is trying vainly to offer words of comfort. I'm still convinced that this was the moment when Daniel woke up from his nose in the book slumber and began to realize that maybe, just maybe, there was more to Jack and Sam than what was on the surface.

My evidence:

Great confused look there Danny boy.

I lumped all these together because I didn't see these as "separate" expressions but really one long continuous one:

Jack telling Hammond they found nothing.

And I must include a shot of our first shipper, Teal'c, who I am convinced must reside in the Cavern of Angst because for crying out loud - HE'S SMILING!!! His friend is obviously deeply troubled and his other friend is unaccounted for. Only a deep, deep cavern dweller could *enjoy* that angst:

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #76

This is technically Sam's hallucination, but I felt it worth posting because it is Jack's expression from HER point of view. Unlike what we've seen, notice how neutral his eyes are. They're friendly but they lack the depth that the real Jack often has. It's so beautifully nuanced as Sam sits there and questions his feelings. She doesn't know and therefore can't put the corresponding emotion in his eyes.

And of course, I can't post this without:

Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #77

Again, before Sam sees him, look at his soft expression. He watches over her, waiting. No doubt he had no idea when she would wake up, but this is where he wants to be.
                          Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #78

This is such a contrast to the way he looked before!! Look at the humor, the calm, the relief. Of course, as we know... this is all about to change...
                            Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #79

I find it interesting that from the moment Sam gets in the elevator Jack attempts to maintain a neutral expression and look everywhere except at her. Normally he takes advantage of these moments. I suspect that given his emotional reaction in "Grace" he's been slapped on the wrist so to speak. He's been forced to face the fact that the emotions he suffered from three years ago are still as deep as ever... of course... as the elevator goes we see that forced distance through their conversation about Sam's humming...

I want to also point out that yet again that although they aren't facing each other, they're still mirroring. Jack tries so hard in these scenes to look like he doesn't care, but his eyes always betray him. He's just not as hard as he perhaps once was.
                              Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Jack Look #80

Notice how guarded Jack is. His head is tilted back and his eyes reveal that he knows he losing something here. He's trying to support Sam as she talks about Pete but it's taking more out of him than he would ever admit.
                                Last edited by Nynaeve506; 28 July 2010, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X